Puzz tries again.. this time with claws... My DMP Journey. I will get debt free...

Options

Comments

• Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Noah,

Thanks for popping by..! Hope you managed to pick up some nice clothes during your shopping trip. I only went to a supermarket and didn't find anything, so shabby chic me this week...! I did bin the top with holes in mind...!!

Didn't really get any benefit out of the long weekend as the head cold stayed put until it was time to go back to work.. :mad:

Never mind, soon be May half term and I'll probably have a few days off then..

Take Care..
    Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Afternoon...

Feeling all out of sorts today.. nothing I can put my finger on, but just generally misog....!

The positives..

Head cold appears to have finally shifted..
    One poll up to £13.. just £27 to go then...

That's about it...

My worries...

dd did her last stint at work on saturday according to the written notice we gave , no one said anything and i'm dreading them ringing later to find out where she is... typically being 16 she won't ring or make contact with them so sort of stalemate.. she still has uniform etc... and on her work computer page it still has her down to work both shifts this week.. bloomin company I thought they would be better than this, although they mucked it all up in the beginning so shouldn't be surprised....

dd seems very sad, she has revision at school for the rest of the week which is good as she sure isn't doing any at home.. think as she has no focus/plan/idea what she actually wants to do, she's finding it all a bit pointless right now.. I have said worse case if she flops her AS grades she can stay and do the year again....as long as she works of course...! Massive positive is I would get to keep her for an extra year.. :D

shifting my stone.. I keep planning and not doing.. I need to do and plan... come on Puzz, shake a paw..... (work in progress...)

lovely mother is driving me bonkers.....

Apologies for the gloom and doom of my post.. I will try and do better...!

Money news..

None really... as in no news not no money... SC have changed the payment date for the creditors from the 25th to the 5th so I am wondering if this is going to cause any problems... Won't change anything my end as statements are still coming at the end of the month..

Right off to try and find a smile somewhere.. anywhere.. someone..????

Puzz.x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Wish there was something I could say. Chin up
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • grannyx2
    grannyx2 Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Here's a big cheesy grin or two just for you Puzz

:D:D

Chin up honey x
    Targets
    Trip to Australia (On hold until 2022 now) to meet new grandson born jan 21!

Lose 84lbs. Update (minus 65lbs mostly during lockdown as of 18.05.21)

LBM : July 11 - £56,962
    DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/3958715/return-to-solvency/p1
  • Brogden
    Brogden Posts: 1,173 Forumite
    Options
    Hello Puzz x

I am sorry you aren't feeling very chirpy and seem to have a dose of 'them Puzzcat blues :(.'

You were loving spring the other day so remember to love it again :) !!

Also remember that you love your DMP :T !! There is a very good reason you love it too :) !! Think back to the old life of spending on credit and you probably got that queasy feeling when you did like I did. You don't have that now. Think about your LBM (s.) I do and I think about my pain, misery, loss of sleep and weight loss. I don't have any of that now so I should be happy now and so should you :). It is always worth looking back on everything.....some people don't.

You obviously have a lovely DD so be happy for that and happy that she is going to further education....'if you love somebody.....set them free.' Don't even give a thought about her finishing her job without completing the formalities. We have had a few 'walk outs' here. Mine are a bit older now and they wouldn't do it now and it won't happen in future with yours. It's a little bit of immaturity so be proud of yourself that you are looking out for her and thinking about her best interests because she will thank you for it down the line :).

I hope the sun is shining in your part of the world today too and I'll be those beans are shooting higher :) !!

Brog x
  • NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Cheer Up Puzz,
    2qlx1jc.jpg
    Some flowers just for you - freshly picked this morning :) with morning dew still on :) Hope they bring a Cheshire grin to your face:)

xx
    NOA:)
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Wish there was something I could say. Chin up

Hi INOD,

Thank you.. my chin is up today.. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    grannyx2 wrote: »
    Here's a big cheesy grin or two just for you Puzz

:D:D

Chin up honey x

Hi Granny,

Thank you for my grins... :D:D Hope your having a fab time in Oz.

Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Brogden wrote: »
    Hello Puzz x

I am sorry you aren't feeling very chirpy and seem to have a dose of 'them Puzzcat blues :(.'

You were loving spring the other day so remember to love it again :) !!

Also remember that you love your DMP :T !! There is a very good reason you love it too :) !! Think back to the old life of spending on credit and you probably got that queasy feeling when you did like I did. You don't have that now. Think about your LBM (s.) I do and I think about my pain, misery, loss of sleep and weight loss. I don't have any of that now so I should be happy now and so should you :). It is always worth looking back on everything.....some people don't.

You obviously have a lovely DD so be happy for that and happy that she is going to further education....'if you love somebody.....set them free.' Don't even give a thought about her finishing her job without completing the formalities. We have had a few 'walk outs' here. Mine are a bit older now and they wouldn't do it now and it won't happen in future with yours. It's a little bit of immaturity so be proud of yourself that you are looking out for her and thinking about her best interests because she will thank you for it down the line :).

I hope the sun is shining in your part of the world today too and I'll be those beans are shooting higher :) !!

Brog x

Wow Brogs, What a long post...!

And you are right about a lot of things.. bar the worry of debts causing weight loss.. I wish....!!!

DD did give her written notice in to the manager but they didn't do or say anything else, so we were left in limbo about her leaving date.. 2 weeks notice, 2 shifts a week = 4 shifts in my book.. but they never clarified or told her anything.. but on the upside they never rang last night so hopefully they now understand that she has left...!!!

I do love my dd and my dmp.... and my beans are now about 3-4" tall.. I have just popped them out into the garden to wave at the sun for awhile..

Hope all okay with you..
    Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Puzzcat wrote: »
    Hi Noah,

Thanks for popping by..! Hope you managed to pick up some nice clothes during your shopping trip. I only went to a supermarket and didn't find anything, so shabby chic me this week...! I did bin the top with holes in mind...!!

Didn't really get any benefit out of the long weekend as the head cold stayed put until it was time to go back to work.. :mad:

Never mind, soon be May half term and I'll probably have a few days off then..

Take Care..
    Puzz. x

Found some bargains Puzz :):D - it was worth it!
    XX
    LoVe
    NOAh
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure