Puzz tries again.. this time with claws... My DMP Journey. I will get debt free...

Options

Comments

• Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    So back to yesterday...

dd didn't finish at school till 6.30 so I didn't get any clothes sorting done. I did manage 40 minutes on the treadmill though, and I am out on the street again tonight...!! Have mapped out a 3 mile route for us. The friend was complaining yesterday that her legs hurt.. oops...

No money news.. have got payslip but don't get paid until next wednesday so that's a bit pointless...! Still got some pennies in the bank so should be ok.....

Weigh day tomorrow... Hope to have mislaid at least 1 of these pesky pounds...!!! will report back...!!!

Happy Thursday.. and nearly friday......!!!

Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Just wanted to copy my post from the dmp mutual so I have it my diary too...

Back later..

I decided to do my dmp review a little early as its not due till July but I have a payrise in March and don't want to get used to spending extra..!! So I have upped and downed a few things in the budget and will now be paying a massive £13 extra a
    month :D..

The upside of this is it brings my dfd 2 months nearer.. so only the 86 months to go now....!!

I can't believe I have been on my dmp for 18 months now, the time has flown past and the debts.. well nearly £10k down and I've also been paying my family loan so that's another £3600 off.....
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    So to continue...

Its friday... :j

Last nights street walk was 3 miles, gentle pace.....
    This mornings weigh in..... 2lbs off.... brilliant... now I want 2 more next week so I can really feel like I've got started... I managed to walk 4 times both last week and this week so will try and aim for 5 from now on...Have also been 'better' with the food, but still room for improvement...!!! And I need to get on the wii and move this bod around....!!!

The bad news..

My car.... Had a new clutch back in december and was driving lovely.. then I had a problem with the clutch pedal sticking down.. took it to the garage but as it is a bit sporadic they didn't know what it was.. This has continued to happen about once a week so I avoid any roads where I would be unable to pull over if needs be...!! Today it happened on a big traffic light junction.. I managed to get it round the corner with my hazards on. but it was a bit scary so I drove straight to the garage.. when I got my clutch pedal back...!!! We are going for the clutch cable.. (good old google..) well I hope as they don't know what it could be....so booked in for Tuesday.... fingers crossed everyone..!!

The good news..

Have banked the £20 for summer hols 2015.. up to £250 now.. need £400 by mid may.. umm..... OH will help out so no panic...

One poll upto £16.80...

Nectar up to £35.42.. Have decided to stick with sainsburys this year and have just bought a delivery pass for 6 months for £18.. free deliveries anytime Tues/Weds/Thurs.. I tend to get mine on a thursday but can now have it anytime of day instead of booking the £1 slots...! I do find I keep to budget better doing online rather than pushing that trolley..!

So its nearly the weekend.. I have a visit to do if the car is up to it..!! also wanted to wash the naughty car too...!! Other than that just housework etc.... Do need to buy some summer flat pumps but it is predicted to rain for most of the next fortnight so probably no rush...!!! I will start on my clothes for boot fair.. that is my mission...!! And some exercise.....

Hope you all have a good one...

Puzz.x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Hi puzz, I got two pairs of flat pumps in prim@rk on wed. Both were reduced to £3 each. I do go for wide fit though so am not too sure price of standard fit. Could be worth a try
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Hi puzz, I got two pairs of flat pumps in prim@rk on wed. Both were reduced to £3 each. I do go for wide fit though so am not too sure price of standard fit. Could be worth a try

Hi INOD,

Thanks for the tip, I may get to pop into town tomorrow so will have a look in my local primani...!

Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Happy Saturday...

I have washing on the line and another lot in the machine then my basket is empty..! Have done the hoovering but everything else can wait until later as I have a work visit to do at lunchtime.. I am then coming home to change and then hopefully going out for a 3 mile walk with friend...

I went on the wii last night....! Found some other muscles I had forgotten I owned...!! I then ate a bag of pom bears so that cancelled out any burnt off calories...!!! No cheese though.. that's nearly 2 weeks, bar in cooking last weekend..... I LOVE CHEESE....

Long story, short.. Car insurance renewal arrived, not bad but still up on last years, I started off a comparison with the old meerkats and then got distracted and ended up spending £2.81 on a travel policy to get the movies but didn't realise that OH's policy from October would cancel out a new one.. oh well never mind... Anyway.. I also googles incentives and one insurance company who I had used before was offering a £50 gift card... So I filled in all the informatiion but it didn't give me a code.. so I rang the company, the chap didn't know anything about it and his manager said it isn't available to everyone.. so I read the t & c's out to him and lo and behold the offer expired in December.. I was a bit miffed at all the time I had wasted so filled in the contact us online form not expecting a reply.. I also banged out a quick letter with the web page and posted it off..

Upshot.. the contact us form worked and I directed them to the problem and they were thankful! Yesterday I get a call from them again, offering me a £50 cheque regardless if I take out a new policy with them...:D... Easiest £50 I have ever earnt.. And the quote was quite good so they may get my business.. after I've done some more comparisons of course.. very... :money:

So that's the holiday fund up to £300 once the cheque arrives....

Best fly and get ready for work... Have a lovely saturday..

Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Brogden
    Brogden Posts: 1,173 Forumite
    Options
    You sound on good form Puzz :beer: !!

Nice bit of work there! I hope all works out OK with the car but you are sure its the car that's the problem aren't you?

I have heard a lot about lady drivers but 'feline' lady drivers well..... :eek: !! I wouldn't want to meet one of those at a busy junction ;)!!

Its all very well having a pretty collar and bell but do they know the highway code?

Brog xx
  • NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well done Puzz:T:T:T on losing lbs and boosting holiday fund!:j:j
    Keep it up!
    Am very embarrassed to say have lost one then gained one ...net result - No change. But am doing a few hours of gardening each week :)

We should ignore what B says about lady/feline drivers :pK*ickers to that, huh.

Love
    NOAh
    xx
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • Brogden
    Brogden Posts: 1,173 Forumite
    Options

We should ignore what B says about lady/feline drivers :pK*ickers to that, huh.

That is just tooooo cheeky for words :mad: !!

It's made me so cross I've twisted me panties :eek: !!
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Brogden wrote: »
    That is just tooooo cheeky for words :mad: !!

It's made me so cross I've twisted me panties :eek: !!

:rotfl: Brogs you are such a cheeky chappy..!!!

Us lady drivers are fab you know.. I know this, as just this morning a lovely man was obviously telling me how gorgeous I was as i pulled out in front of him....! In my defence there were road works in the way and he was driving a silly low down 'ladies' sports car...! :D

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts