Puzz tries again.. this time with claws... My DMP Journey. I will get debt free...

Options

Comments

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Did it really?
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    Did it really?

Yes! It told me to have a 10 minute break and a glass of water...bossy Wii !
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Puzz

Glad the car is sorted.

For the last few years DH and I have bought our specs online - very MSE :) Usually we pay between £11 and £30 per pair. I can honestly say we have always been delighted - they fit well, are stylish (without being designer brands) and, well, do the job, i.e. they enable us both to see clearly :)

We initially thought we would just try purchasing specs online to see what we thought - not really expecting very much. However we have never looked back. We get our eyes tested locally and always just have the test and advise we will be buying online and can we have our prescription please. I would love to be able to support high street opticians but just can't afford that luxury.
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    FREEZERINVENTORY – 30th April
    CHESTFREEZER – DUE FOR DEFROST

BOXOF ONION BHAJI’S AND SAMOSA’S
    1X HIGGIDY SPINACH, PESTO & GOATS CHEESE SLICES (YS)
    2COD FILLETS (YS)
    1HALF DUCK, HOISIN AND PANCAKES (YS)
    1CRUSTLESS WW SMALL QUICHES (YS)
    2DUCK BREAST WITH PLUM SAUCE (YS)
    1X 2 HADDOCK, CHEDDAR & LEEK FISHCAKES (YS)
    1X CORNISH PASTYS (YS)
    2x M & S CHEESE & ONION PIES (YS)
    1x LARGE PUKKA STEAK PIE (YS)
    2x STEAK BURGERS
    2X SMALL CHEESE & ONION QUICHE (YS)
    1X SMALL CHICKEN PIE (YS)
    LOAFOF BREAD
    PACKOF WRAPS

OLDFREEZER – DEFROSTED 11 APRIL

TOPSHELF –
    CHICKENTHIGHS (YS)
    6X SAUSAGES (YS)
    4X 400G BEEF MINCE (YS)
    2X LAMB SHANKS (YS)
    BEEFMEATBALLS (YS)
    SMOKEDCOD FILLETS (YS)
    3X 8 PORK SAUSAGES (YS)

MIDDLEDRAWER
    CHICKENKIEVS X 2
    FISHFINGERS
    CHICKENDIPPERS X 1 ½ BAGS
    1X PIZZA BASE
    3X TOAD IN THE HOLES
    4X CHICKEN GRILLS

BOTTOMDRAWER
    JACKETPOTATOES
    PEAS
    SWEETCORN
    CROQUETTEPOTATOES
    OVENCHIPS

ADDEDSINCE 11 APRIL
    1X SMALL BROCCOLI, CHEESE & TOMATO QUICHE (YS)
    PACKCHICKEN DRUMSTICKS & THIGHS (YS)
    1X CHICKEN (YS)
    6X CHICKEN BREASTS
    4RASHERS OF BACON
    1PORTION HOMEMADE BOLOGNAISE
    3X GARLIC BREAD
    2X SLICED DUCK (YS)
    1X SALMON FISHCAKES (YS)
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Hi January,

I did look at online ordering as the mse email awhile ago had some codes, but I am changing to varifocals this time so not sure if this would work? But then £30 is better than £200.. and that is only good old specsavers, non designer glasses...!!

Who do you use? and do you just scan your perscription in? How do you know the glasses will suit you? questions, questions.... I wear mine all the time so they would need to make me look more gorgeous than usual..!!!

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Same questions here - me too - would love to know how it works! someone suggested this to me when I first joined but can't see how you can choose the frames without trying on?

xx
    NOA
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • Brogden
    Brogden Posts: 1,173 Forumite
    Options
    Puzzcat wrote: »
    Hi January,

I did look at online ordering as the mse email awhile ago had some codes, but I am changing to varifocals this time so not sure if this would work? But then £30 is better than £200.. and that is only good old specsavers, non designer glasses...!!

Who do you use? and do you just scan your perscription in? How do you know the glasses will suit you? questions, questions.... I wear mine all the time so they would need to make me look more gorgeous than usual..!!!

Love Puzz. x

This ordering online sounds like a great idea but like Puzz, I would have to know if one can order varifocals :cool: !!

Could you give the name (in code maybe)......which firms do this? I'll have a look then :) !!

Puzz......its great having nice glasses but when you're already at a level of 'maximum gorgeousness' it's difficult to go any further :p !!

Brog x
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    So nearly the weekend... :j

And I am feeling bouncy... Have had my shopping delivered and am now marinating my tandoori chicken to make kebabs tonight... yum..... weigh day tomorrow...:eek: Scales are showing no loss at the moment.. but my fat bits are less wobbly so that's always good... !

Wasted morning, driving to do a visit for the third time and the parking was the worst I have ever seen it.. that's 3 wasted journeys now... So abandoned that for now.... Will pop to town to get money out to pay lovely mother my loan for this month, as she's taking me out to lunch tomorrow...

Getting a little fed up with looking at car insurance renewals now.... Direct line are doing £55 gift voucher for amazon but when I tried to process the payment the website went wrong, tried again and won't let me as my phone number has already been used for this promotion.. tried from the text they sent, but I have a basic phone so trying to complete forms on it would be a nightmare...

Found new one through admiral no voucher but £30 cheaper than my renewal offering.. there website is also stupid and keeps changing my occupation etc... rubbish.... will get it sorted eventually....!!!

Was suppose to rain here today but we have lovely sunshine so I might see if my walking friend fancies one later.. we are suppose to be going tomorrow.. as well/instead... not sure...

I have walked 9 miles and done 80 minutes on the wii this week, will hit 12/13 miles if we go out tonight.. new week starts tomorrow... So 5 sessions of exercise done this week...

Got to move my car they are cutting a tree down on top of it..aaah..

Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    :mad: it's 4.15am...woken from my sleep yet again by OH at 2am... he of course is fast asleep...sleep is now evading me, not helped by both my cats taking it in turns to be sick around the house..:eek:

Feeling like a bad mother, daughter, partner etc.... they do say it's always darkest before dawn....birds are now singing.....

Back to bed and hopefully sleep will come before the alarm goes off...thank God it's Friday...
    Puzz.x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Brogden
    Brogden Posts: 1,173 Forumite
    Options
    Puzzcat wrote: »
    :mad: it's 4.15am...woken from my sleep yet again by OH at 2am... he of course is fast asleep...sleep is now evading me, not helped by both my cats taking it in turns to be sick around the house..:eek:

Feeling like a bad mother, daughter, partner etc.... they do say it's always darkest before dawn....birds are now singing.....

Back to bed and hopefully sleep will come before the alarm goes off...thank God it's Friday...
    Puzz.x

Now now Puzz, where does all of that come from? :(

How can you be a bad mother, daughter, partner when you have the patience of a saint and quietly look after everything that needs seeing to? You have a job on top of that too! :) Not everybody can manage all of that you know.

Can I order a good sleep with sweet dreams tonight and a nice relaxing weekend for Puzz please :A

Brog xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure