Puzz tries again.. this time with claws... My DMP Journey. I will get debt free...

Options

Comments

• Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Noah,

Hope you managed a relaxing weekend and are less tired now..!

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    So the weekend came and went in a flash....
    Friday a good evening out with the girls.. spends £27....

Saturday went out for a 3.5 mile walk... otherwise just normal house stuff for the weekend..

Weigh day Friday and I had lost a 1lb.. so that's 3lb off.. was very pleased to hop on the scales this morning and find I hadn't eaten them all again over the weekend.. so fingers crossed for a little loss this week too....Trousers are getting looser..

No walking tonight, I may wii instead..! Also need to count up the £1 pot now I have some more change bags...!

The Biggest news is now that Sc pay the creditors early in the month they update your debt total.. and I am in the 49's...

So nice to have moved so far away from the original £60k....:D

Busy work week planned so best get on with it...

Much Love
    Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Brogden
    Brogden Posts: 1,173 Forumite
    Options
    Maximum possible congratulations Puzz........now you're an old 49-er :beer: !!

Get a strong belt on your trousers though ..........we don't want that to happen do we.....;) ?

Brog xx
  • NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Puzzcat wrote: »
    Hi Noah,

Hope you managed a relaxing weekend and are less tired now..!

Love Puzz. x

Yes thanks Puzz,
    Am trying to go to bed early (have to leave house by 7.15 daily) even if I don't sleep, and am practising what I preach to DS (no screens 1 hr before bedtime) and am trying to read in bed instead. Really enjoying it too, I used to read so much and never have enough time nowdays so start books and don't finish them - have read 5 books in the last month!
    Still tired but pleasantly so...if that makes sense?

WELL DONE on getting to the 49s!!!!!!!:T

Love
    NOAh
    xx
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • Puzzcat
    edited 16 May 2015 at 10:00AM
    Options
    Good Morning and welcome to the weekend.... Waves to Brogs and Noah...

Well that week went fast.... We are mid way through our AS exams.. well I say our, I do mean dd's... she's keeping calm and we are a stress free house so all good... OH is away at the moment so that helps as we don't a third person to work around....

So what has Puzz been up to....

Money..

Nothing to report since the excitement of hitting the 49's... Just plodding on in that area...

Exercise/diet...

Only 3 sessions done in the last week, but managed to lose another pound so that's 4 of the lardy lumps gone.... just the 12 to go now..... and about 10 weeks until bikini time...:eek:

Its all been a bit quiet really this end, which is always good... had lovely mother over for dinner this week, she started talking about money and 'suggested' wiping out my loan from her.. ummm.. no that wouldn't be fair and although £200 a month would be very useful I borrowed it so wish to pay it back... of course if she keeps offering I may change my mind..... :D

Up early today as dd is in school doing revision.. I will shortly be doing the housework olympics.. which in reality is me rushing around getting the house sort of cleanish in the shortest time possible so I can sit down again....!!

Walked last night another 3.5 miles.. need to do a new route and lengthen it out a bit.. will do that today, and may persuade my friend to test it out later.. she's pretty good and hasn't said no yet, even though she does struggle a little...

Forgot to add.. counted up the £1 pot finally and £180... so holiday all paid for now and £90 available to get some clothes for dd... spending money saved seperately so that should be covered...

Right onwards and upwards..

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    These mondays come round too often for my liking....!!

At least next week is a bank holiday and then I also have the week off.. :D

So managed 2 more walks over the weekend and extended the distance to 4.1 miles.. so we did 11.7 miles since leaving work on Friday.... legs are feeling it a little today but no plans to walk as have some work to do instead.. plus weather is rubbish...!!!

Scales showing a dip already so hoping for at least 1lb come friday weigh in...

Lots of housework, washing, ironing, sorting for boot fair etc done.. Lots of work planned for this week, and lunch with lovely mother today..
    Payday next week... need to sort hairdressers for my shabby locks.. and book car for mot.. :eek: DD also out and about a bit next week and I have a lunch date so will need to hold onto the pennies... right let's go another week is awaiting... love puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    :jHappy Friday.. and Bank Holiday weekend.. and I have the week off... :j

So..

Exercise... 5 sessions this week.. walked over 18 miles...
    Weight... Lost 2lb.. :j Really pleased and now got 10lbs to go and 10 weeks until holiday....

Money.. nothing exciting to report... payday not for another 6 days, still got some in the bank.. but could be an expensive week with dd off and me as well... will have to keep a close eye on it.. Did receive a £3 voucher as I complained.. yes I know but if you don't complain, never expect better... it was burnt cakes this time...

OH.. had flu again...3 times in as many months....Hoping dd and I don't catch it..

Work all up to date and looking forwards to doing lots of house things with my time off..

Will be cracking open the grape juice shortly as my friend is coming over for a couple.. and next friday I am cooking and entertaining my 5 girls...

Still got breakdown cover to sort and house insurance also due in June. plus car mot. and got the boiler service booked in.. lots of fingers crossed times....

Hope all well with you.....
    Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    WOW.. I have been missing for ages.....!!!

So I had a mainly lovely holiday from work and did manage to achieve most of what I wanted to do... I went out to lunch once £10, out for dinner once. £20 (instead of cooking for girls..) and to an alternative cinema. donation £3.. So not too much spent on social....

Sorted my breakdown cover and got it reduced by £27.. still need to pay for it mind.... House insurance done, and monthly cost reduced by about £4... I would like to try and start saving up to pay for this and car insurance in one lump sum..... will be setting up some new saving pots....!

It was a year yesterday that my friend died so was a little sad but her girls seem to be doing ok and that's the main thing.

Also my lovely 'step' cat from next door went missing on monday, Ididn't know until Thursday I assumed he was being kept in as they were away but no.... On the plus side he has turned up this morning.. on the negative he has a broken pelvis, but should heal, can't wait to see him when he comes home from the vets during the week.

So now I'm back to work, dd is back at school on half days this week and its JUNE.... I am freezing so it can't possibly be summer yet.. and my body is no way bikini ready.. although I did try them on during the week and at least they do fit...!!!

Only 3 exercise sessions last week and probably more food than usual so no loss on fridays weight in.. plus eaten like a pig over the weekend so going to have to do something drastic to lose any this week...!!!

Payday came and went, all ok at the moment, but the dreaded mot tomorrow..... keep them fingers crossed...

That's about it for now.. back soon..

Puzz. xxx
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    :jCar passed its MOT... :j Happy days and enough left in my car pot to pay for the breakdown cover and tax due this month..

:jBoiler passed its checks a well... :j

Did need a new CM alarm thingy though so now owe BG £30..... oh well i'm sure OH can stump up for that when the bill comes in....

That's all my money news for today.. not sure if walking tonight or not as its very windy here...

Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Brogden
    Brogden Posts: 1,173 Forumite
    Options
    Puzzcat wrote: »
    :jCar passed its MOT... :j Happy days and enough left in my car pot to pay for the breakdown cover and tax due this month..

:jBoiler passed its checks a well... :j

Did need a new CM alarm thingy though so now owe BG £30..... oh well i'm sure OH can stump up for that when the bill comes in....

That's all my money news for today.. not sure if walking tonight or not as its very windy here...

Puzz. x

Nice one on the boiler and insurance Puzz :)

We had to have a new CM thingy a few weeks ago too. I then forgot to pay for it and we got a threatening letter from BG........I didn't half get a b+ll+cking for that :(

Glad you are doing well because you've been a bit quiet recently :(. I thought you must be just happy sitting in your basket being gorgeous :D !!

Brog x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure