EE's mis selling

Options
My husband was on an old orange deal on PAYG and wasn't getting a good deal. On friday I phoned EE on his behalf, and between me and the agent decided it would be better and cheaper for him to be on contract. I was promised a new sim by Monday and that there would be no disruption in service at all. I was happy as was my husband. However, today we still haven't received the new sim and the old sim is not working. This is my husbands business phone and heavily relies on it, I explained that it was promised there would be no disruption and the change would be seamless. After talking to EE's online chat, I was getting nowhere so it was escalated to a manager, who offered £30 as a good will gesture, I explained that rather than a good will gesture it was more of an insult as my husband is potentially losing over £100 a day in business, It was escalated again to Gary, resolution manager. Gary offered £50 good will, but again I explained that it was an insult, going by their calculations for the new sim, my husband is potentially losing £500. I was promised everything and they have delivered nothing, other than a pitiful apology and an insult. So, now we have a phone that doesn't work, no sim and losing business. I have requested a "deadlock" letter from them in order to get in touch with the communications Ombudsman, but other than that, does anyone have any advice please?

Comments

• Louisdf
    Louisdf Posts: 575 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Obviously its frustrating being without a phone, but if you signed up for a consumer contract EE is not liable for any business losses.
  • BorisThomson
    Options
    Your husband needs a business contract if he expects to be covered for losses. That is what you arranged, isn't it?

Has the SIM been lost in the post, and are they sending a replacement?
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    As above .Was it a business contract ??As previous was PAYG it looks like it was not a business contract hence the usual £30 goodwill and no liability .
  • TamaraC
    Options
    They made 2 promises that they didn't keep to, so I was sold a contract under misinformation. Surely they can do better than £50
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Where's the mis-selling?
  • TamaraC
    Options
    It's not a business contract but is used for his business. It was being changed from PAYG to contract. They assumed liability when they admitted that the woman I spoke to was at fault for not giving the correct information and when they offered £30 compensation, it wasn't until later they changed it to "gesture of good will"
  • BorisThomson
    Options
    TamaraC wrote: »
    They made 2 promises that they didn't keep to, so I was sold a contract under misinformation. Surely they can do better than £50

£50 is very generous under the circumstances. How much is his monthly charge?
  • TamaraC
    Options
    I only changed it from PAYG because A) they guaranteed that I would get the sim by Monday and B) they guaranteed there would be no issues with the service, miss-selling. Not once did she say that there would be any kind of delay or loss of service, despite me asking several times
  • TamaraC
    Options
    Monthly charge has nothing to do with it. They guaranteed delivery and no loss of service
  • TamaraC
    Options
    I was told that because he is self employed and sole trader that the normal contract would be sufficient
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure