EE's mis selling

Options

Comments

• d123
    d123 Posts: 8,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    TamaraC wrote: »
    She never said it was being sent by royal mail. When a company says there will definitely be no loss of service (and it was explained that it was a business phone) I expect just as they say.

So did you expect an EE employee to pick up the sim from the warehouse and personally drive to your address to put it into your phone?
    If they had loss of service for something, I'm sure they wouldn't be happy with a meagre offer either. In fact when I questioned Gary on that he confirmed that they would seek compensation. The only difference here is that they are a multi million pound company and my husband is a sole trader who makes pittance in comparison.

How many times have people told you if you wanted compensation for loss of business you need to take out (and pay the extra) for a business account.

There is no such clause in consumer contracts.
    ====
  • d123
    Options
    TamaraC wrote: »
    There's absolutely no need for your sarcasm or to talk to me like I'm an idiot Colin_Maybe. Have you ever heard of a courier?

What is this courier you know of that offers a 100% delivery guarantee?

I actually think most courier firms have a lower percentage of successful first time delivery than Royal Mail.
    ====
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Really the OP needs legal advice as to suing for the compensation they feel they are entitled to . Best to pay a compensation lawyer to take on the case .As you say they are a multi million pound company add lots of noughts to the claim .
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you're determined to take this further, make sure you have EE's formal complaint reference number. However, I've handled complaints, for a different network, and might have offered you one-off £25 to close the complaint. I really don't believe you have a case, sorry it's not what you want to hear.

As others have said, there is no cover for loss of business in a consumer contract. Presumably the sales advisor misunderstood the extent to which the phone is an essential tool of your business. You may not have realised it yourselves til now.
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    Even if they could claim for loss of business, that would be impossible to prove without concrete evidence rather than wishful thinking.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    What is this courier you know of that offers a 100% delivery guarantee?

I actually think most courier firms have a lower percentage of successful first time delivery than Royal Mail.

I'd like to know which mobile supplier the OP thinks would send out a sim via courier rather than 1st class post. Especially one on a CONSUMER CONTRACT.

(caps intentional for the hard of listening :) )
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Some networks will send SIMs by next day courier by next day courier on occasion and waive the usual fee, so that's quite possible, I've done it myself. (It's an example of being nice to call centre staff paying dividends!)
  • d123
    Options
    I'd like to know which mobile supplier the OP thinks would send out a sim via courier rather than 1st class post. Especially one on a CONSUMER CONTRACT.

Even a next day courier don’t make a 100% guarantee on next day delivery, to be 100% guaranteed the OP would actually have had to drive to the warehouse and collect it themselves...

Except even that wouldn’t be 100% guaranteed, they could have broken down, or got lost or the warehouse staff person had a heart attack and got taken to hospital with the sim in their pocket :p
    ====
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    pmduk wrote: »
    Some networks will send SIMs by next day courier by next day courier on occasion and waive the usual fee, so that's quite possible, I've done it myself. (It's an example of being nice to call centre staff paying dividends!)

I stand corrected. :money:
  • TamaraC
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    How can they guarantee that when it is sent via Royal Mail? even Special Delivery could fail...

So no cover for business loss...

I bet they didn’t “guarantee” it to the level you think. “It’ll be there on Monday” isn’t a cast iron guarantee, you’ve got very little chance of CISAS adjudicating in your favour, £50 is well above the compensation you should actually be offered.
    How were you expecting it to arrive? By carrier pigeon?

On a standard consumer contract, how many times does that need to be said to you?

As I said Colin_Maybe, you have nothing useful to say so keep your sarcasm to yourself, this site is to help people, not for you to talk down to them as you have been. I am not hard of hearing, nor am I illiterate or stupid, however, you seem to feel the need to do nothing but talk down to me and use sarcasm. I have asked you politely to stop and you haven't which leaves me to deduce the following A) YOU ARE UNABLE TO READ B) You're a brave warrior hiding behind a keyboard but probably wouldn't say boo to a goose when in public and C) Have nothing better to do with yourself than to trawl forums and do nothing more than try and put people down
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure