EE's mis selling

Options

Comments

• pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 12 September 2017 at 9:23PM
    Options
    OP; I suspect you will have to wait a while for a deadlock letter. I've rarely heard ofa network making a final decision in a disputed case this quickly.

In the meantime, identify the terms and conditions of the agreement that EE are in breach of. Most ADR schemes will only adjudicate complaints about breaches of those.
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,603 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    TamaraC wrote: »
    Yes they are but it could take another 3 -5 days in which time he is losing business and money
    Unfortunately, using a consumer targeted contract for a business has the risk that any resulting business losses are not recognised. Lots of people do it and get away with it. If it were a business contract you'd have a dedicated account manager and stronger support should things not work out.
    It's a gamble - you pays your money and takes your chance.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• TamaraC
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    Strange that the PAYG was cut off. When we changed from Orange PAYG to EE contract nothing happened until we put the new SIM in the phone, that triggered the switch.
    Well, they managed to !!!! this one up completely
  • TamaraC
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    With our switch the contract SIM had a different number which showed on the phone but when I phoned the old number it rang the phone. It took a few hours for the phone to actually show the old number.
    Sim doesn't actually work as they have taken old number off to apply it to the new sim
  • TamaraC
    Options
    mac.d wrote: »
    This has to be a wind-up. Why on earth would EE up their offer from £30 to £50 because a sim didn't turn up in the post. Who has ever had a PAYG sim stop working so suddenly when the new sim hasn't even turned up?
    Not a wind up, they confirmed today that the old sim wont work as the number has been transferred to the sim that hasn't turned up yet. further more, they have the phone call and icetranscripts that clearly state I was guaranteed there would be no loss of serv
  • TamaraC
    Options
    pmduk wrote: »
    OP; I suspect you will have to wait a while for a deadlock letter. I've rarely heard ofa network making a final decision in a disputed case this quickly.

In the meantime, identify the terms and conditions of the agreement that EE are in breach of. Most ADR schemes will only adjudicate complaints about breaches of those.
    I shall get on the case tomorrow morning re terms and conditions etc. Thank you
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,626 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Monthly charge has nothing to do with it. They guaranteed delivery and no loss of service

How can they guarantee that when it is sent via Royal Mail? even Special Delivery could fail...
    I was told that because he is self employed and sole trader that the normal contract would be sufficient

So no cover for business loss...
    But it is the networks fault, they guaranteed there would be no loss of service. If they had a doubt about how long the sim would take i:e they knew there was a possibility that the sim would not definitely arrive by the stated date, then they should not have disconnected the old sim first. They were responsible for sending the sim, they made the promises and then deliver on any of it

I bet they didn’t “guarantee” it to the level you think. “It’ll be there on Monday” isn’t a cast iron guarantee, you’ve got very little chance of CISAS adjudicating in your favour, £50 is well above the compensation you should actually be offered.
    ====
  • TamaraC
    Options
    She never said it was being sent by royal mail. When a company says there will definitely be no loss of service (and it was explained that it was a business phone) I expect just as they say. If they had loss of service for something, I'm sure they wouldn't be happy with a meagre offer either. In fact when I questioned Gary on that he confirmed that they would seek compensation. The only difference here is that they are a multi million pound company and my husband is a sole trader who makes pittance in comparison.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    She never said it was being sent by royal mail. When a company says there will definitely be no loss of service (and it was explained that it was a business phone) I expect just as they say. If they had loss of service for something, I'm sure they wouldn't be happy with a meagre offer either. In fact when I questioned Gary on that he confirmed that they would seek compensation. The only difference here is that they are a multi million pound company and my husband is a sole trader who makes pittance in comparison.
    How were you expecting it to arrive? By carrier pigeon?

and it was explained that it was a business phone

On a standard consumer contract, how many times does that need to be said to you?
  • TamaraC
    Options
    There's absolutely no need for your sarcasm or to talk to me like I'm an idiot Colin_Maybe. Have you ever heard of a courier? As for standard consumer contract, when I am told that there was no need for him to have a business contract and questioned why, I was told he doesn't use the phone in the way that would merit a business contract. Unless you have some valuable input or advise Colin_Maybe, keep your sarcasm to yourself
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure