Elite 11+ - Fleecing a supermarket near you!

Options

Comments

• Nannylala
    Nannylala Posts: 6,791 Forumite
    Options
    wackynut wrote: »
    Birdhouse_TreeMorning.gif

Good morning wacky:Ahow cute is this loving the little squirrel peeking out ,must say I had a good chuckle last night;)
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    LEJC wrote: »
    I can beat that....somewhere in the depths of that thread I have posted my proposal story....happened around 6 weeks after the first date and consisded of what I thought was a general chat about where we saw our future whilst chatting in a pub one night....the question of "do you want to get married?" came up and I replied "yep at some point"
    Fast forward a few days and he turns up on the Saturday afternoon at my parents house to take me ring shopping....totally gobsmaked with the remark,I had clearly missed the proposal...

So in a sense...20 odd years after the marriage I am still waiting....

I recall mine well, if you can call it that. I was waiting for the last train at Marks Tay rail station, we saw it coming in the distance. He then decides to ask me if I want ot go ring shopping next week. I just about had time to say yes please and have a quick kiss, then I had to get on the train.

I too am still waiting for the romantic proposal, and we have been married 30 years!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • strewth71
    strewth71 Posts: 1,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good morning :)

Hope your oh is on the mend soon gocat :grouphug:

Not sure if any of you remember that ds2 is beig assessed for adhd/autism and I was worried because they were struggling getting him to put pen to paper in class. He got a new teacher 3 weeks ago and all of a sudden reports changed from him "only writing one word" to " he is doing really well and working almost as he should". At the same time he is getting more reluctant to go to school...Before this new teacher came they tried reward charts, punishing him by taking playtime and treats off him and having a teacher sit with him but he really struggles to focus when left alone to work - he is only 6.

I thought the new teacher had worked magic getting such a quick turnaround in him, this morning however, I have found out that she is shouting at him to get him to work, I am so upset. Ds2 did not tell me - when he gets really upset it lasts all of 2 minutes then it is gone in a flash - I think it has something to do with whatever condition they eventually come up with for him. He has never told me about getting told off at school, he normally says he can't remember if he has got into trouble through the day. It ws another parent that told me because her son had told her Ds2 kept being shouted at.

2 kids in the class have wet themselves in a week and they have not done this since being toilet trained, because they are not allowed to go to the toilet apart from break and dinner - they are 6 :( They get shouted at if they ask to go in lesson time.

Although I am happy that ds2 is starting to do his work, I am far from happy with the method that is seemingly being used. Ds2 doesn't get shouted at at home and I do not want him shouted at in school, unless he is really out of line, especially as it seems to be making him not want to go. Don't get me wrong, if he is "naughty" he gets a stern talking to or sent to his room and he will say sorry and stop what he was doing, he does not need to be shouted at.

The way ds2 is, he is like a bundle of electricity happily buzzing around here, there and everywhere and he can be difficult to reign in. He needs dealing with with patience and firmness but in a calm way. He can't help the way he is and I would not change him for the world.

Sorry for the ramble but I am so upset at the thought of him being handled so badly even though I have had meetings at school and they are aware of the ongoing assesment.

Rant over
  • Nannylala
    Nannylala Posts: 6,791 Forumite
    edited 23 October 2014 at 10:08AM
    Options
    My D Brother has just messaged me from Denmark very excited because his local Supermarket has got Heinz Baked beans on offer for the equivalent of 60p a tin:eek::eek::eek:Normal price is £1-20
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    Morning :)

gocat what a worry for you I hope your OH is being looked after well and on the mend soon and back home. :A

All this talk about proposing Mr TS never did the deed. I did. :o

When I met him I told him that I was never getting married again. :o After only a few months I realised he was the one and changed my mind. :rotfl: I knew he would never ask because of what I said and the conversations we had around it. :eek:

I can't even remember what I said but he did admit that he would have never asked me, he would have just been happy to spend the rest of his life with me without a bit of paper. :D
  • jumblejack
    jumblejack Posts: 6,599 Forumite
    Options
    daily mirror aldi voichers

As you know, the mirror also has 30% off vouchers for certain products.

I was only interested in finding out the prices of the following as I can freeze the cheese and the others have a long shelf life:

This is what I've worked out from msm with the 30% off:

Gold teabags work out at 91p for 80

Cheese emporium extra mature works out £1.23 a pack (or £3.50 a kilo)

The larger squeezy honey (there are 2 sizes) works out about £1.30 (£2.85 per 100g)

I couldn't see the dried figs n dates in the site though.

Hth
    :A Every moment is a gift. That's why we call it the present.!:A
    Grocery Spend Weekly Challenge (Sat-Fri):£30.50/£40
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    strewth71 wrote: »

Not sure if any of you remember that ds2 is beig assessed for adhd/autism and I was worried because they were struggling getting him to put pen to paper in class. He got a new teacher 3 weeks ago and all of a sudden reports changed from him "only writing one word" to " he is doing really well and working almost as he should". At the same time he is getting more reluctant to go to school...Before this new teacher came they tried reward charts, punishing him by taking playtime and treats off him and having a teacher sit with him but he really struggles to focus when left alone to work - he is only 6.

I thought the new teacher had worked magic getting such a quick turnaround in him, this morning however, I have found out that she is shouting at him to get him to work, I am so upset. Ds2 did not tell me - when he gets really upset it lasts all of 2 minutes then it is gone in a flash - I think it has something to do with whatever condition they eventually come up with for him. He has never told me about getting told off at school, he normally says he can't remember if he has got into trouble through the day. It ws another parent that told me because her son had told her Ds2 kept being shouted at.

2 kids in the class have wet themselves in a week and they have not done this since being toilet trained, because they are not allowed to go to the toilet apart from break and dinner - they are 6 :( They get shouted at if they ask to go in lesson time.

Although I am happy that ds2 is starting to do his work, I am far from happy with the method that is seemingly being used. Ds2 doesn't get shouted at at home and I do not want him shouted at in school, unless he is really out of line, especially as it seems to be making him not want to go. Don't get me wrong, if he is "naughty" he gets a stern talking to or sent to his room and he will say sorry and stop what he was doing, he does not need to be shouted at.

The way ds2 is, he is like a bundle of electricity happily buzzing around here, there and everywhere and he can be difficult to reign in. He needs dealing with with patience and firmness but in a calm way. He can't help the way he is and I would not change him for the world.

Sorry for the ramble but I am so upset at the thought of him being handled so badly even though I have had meetings at school and they are aware of the ongoing assesment.

Rant over

To my mind if the teacher is shouting then he/she does not know how to control a class without instilling fear. If a teacher needs to use fear to control a class then they are either very young and inexperienced, or of the old school in thinking that their word is law and they are never wrong. I would think of having another meeting with the head or somesuch. It's no good having him do well at school but being unhappy. As for not letting kids go to the loo, how are they supposed to concentrate if they need to go?

I do not remember any teachers shouting at kids when my kids were at school, there are better ways of doing things.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Mildred1970
    Mildred1970 Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    strewth71 wrote: »

Rant over

That's terrible :(

No wonder you're upset, will you be going to see the head?
  • locarr
    locarr Posts: 8,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all!:D
    "He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas" Benjamin Franklin

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
  • dipdap
    dipdap Posts: 6,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning elite.
    I've not been about much recently, I seem to have a big black cloud hanging over me and have had for some time and I'm struggling to shake it off (I know what the cloud is, i had pnd a while back).
    DH now finally knows the extent of how bad I've been feeling though.
    Yesterday was a really bad day, I had a phone call from child services as during a telling off to DD a couple of days ago about her attitude towards most things at the moment I said a few things I shouldn't have. She burst into tears in school and it all came out which is why I got a phone call :(
    I did tell them in the heat of the moment things were said that shouldn't have been and I've obviously learnt from it. But I've scared myself livid now that my kids will be taken off me.

Sorry for gibbering on here, I wish I had more time to spend on here but I'm stretched so far around at the moment and I feel I'm trying to do everything myself.

On the plus side, today is a new day and me and DD have wiped the slate clean :) everything seems strangely calm at the moment :think: I'm waiting for something else to go wrong :(
    Historic Debt August 2009 = £63,600 10th March 2017 = £0 100% paid all gone!
    Mortgage started June 2015 = £170,000 January 2022 = £134,000
    Saving for Xmas 2022= . . Amazon £55
    If you focus on what you have left behind, you won't see what lies ahead - Gusteau
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure