Elite 11+ - Fleecing a supermarket near you!

Options

Comments

• littlebluebird
    Options
    Mornin' all! :wave:
    Go cat, sorry to hear about hubby. Hope he's feeling better soon. I know it's happened a few times before can they do anything to prevent it? Hopeople you're holding up okay, must be scary for you too.

Mhoc, sounds a good deal. My dh not much bothered by stuff like that but I went to York on a girls w/e and we visited the trains and York itself is so beautiful.

Bubbs, glad you and hubby healing well. Do you have to go full time next week? Sounds as if you should ease into it a bit more...

Does anyone read other threads? There's one on weddings which caught my eye. 'Waiting for proposal-how did you stay sane?' Made me remember waiting for my dh to pop the question... I waited a grand total of

4 months

but it felt like forever. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Just wondered about other elites?
    LBB
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    I've got to go back in a week for a scale and polish. It's an earlier appointment but I'm off work so I can drive :D

Love having mine scale and polished makes teeth feel squeaky clean . Got to ask though at my dentist :)
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    PD, a question for you please.

My family do a secret santa for Christmas for the adults. I have drawn my SIL, and her hobbies are baking and gardening. If you had to choose the things that you as a baker would not be without what would they be please? And what is the item you would want the most? The budget is £50.

She only bakes for herself and my DS, and just does the basics, but has recently started experimenting with icing and making shapes with icing paste. She bought a basic set of shape cutters for the icing paste from lakeland.

Many thanks in advance.

Have you got a Home Bargains - they have an excellent baking section
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • wackynut
    wackynut Posts: 5,430 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Chutzpah Haggler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Birdhouse_TreeMorning.gif
    N1LDA :)
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    PD, a question for you please.

My family do a secret santa for Christmas for the adults. I have drawn my SIL, and her hobbies are baking and gardening. If you had to choose the things that you as a baker would not be without what would they be please? And what is the item you would want the most? The budget is £50.

She only bakes for herself and my DS, and just does the basics, but has recently started experimenting with icing and making shapes with icing paste. She bought a basic set of shape cutters for the icing paste from lakeland.

Many thanks in advance.

I love baking but don't get much chance. What I would give my eye teeth for is the really expensive baking pans that turn out every time.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    At least the French Fries variety compare vs M, on Monday's price collection, but not liking the combination of items:

2 x Napolina Sieved Tomatoes Passata (500g)£1.00£2.18:(
    1 x Walkers French Fries - Variety (6x19g)£1.68£0.84

Besides, my guide price on 6 pack crisps is now lower than 50p:rotfl: - and that would be on 25g bags not useless 19g ones:(:(:rotfl:. Way way too dear for 75.6p. They didn't buy them on mbuy in A, only fortuitously.

ta, guide price for crisps noted - also to watch the sizing.

it also means that I go for long periods of time with no crisps in the house if I cant get the magic figure of 6 25g packs for 50p - and also a saving of 125 cals per day (or 250 on really bad days) or so by not having crisps in the house.
    I had a root through the crisps cupboard yesterday and found a very mangled pack of prawn cocktail - in date, so I have now eaten all of the seabrooks in the house now :D
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    edited 23 October 2014 at 9:55AM
    Options

Does anyone read other threads? There's one on weddings which caught my eye. 'Waiting for proposal-how did you stay sane?' Made me remember waiting for my dh to pop the question... I waited a grand total of

4 months

but it felt like forever. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Just wondered about other elites?
    LBB

I can beat that....somewhere in the depths of that thread I have posted my proposal story....happened around 6 weeks after the first date and consisded of what I thought was a general chat about where we saw our future whilst chatting in a pub one night....the question of "do you want to get married?" came up and I replied "yep at some point"
    Fast forward a few days and he turns up on the Saturday afternoon at my parents house to take me ring shopping....totally gobsmaked with the remark,I had clearly missed the proposal...

So in a sense...20 odd years after the marriage I am still waiting....
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • asset2004
    asset2004 Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    Options
    whilst my head is popped round the door has anybody who did the try me free on the sugarberry razor at £11 had a cheque from them yet?x

nope :( not yet and I have 2 outstanding from them :mad:
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
  • northerngeezer
    Options
    I hope that the beauty of this festival of lights, bring a world of joy, happiness and contentment to you, to last the whole year through.

Happy Diwali and may God bless everyone.
  • henrik777
    henrik777 Posts: 3,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    nerfdad wrote: »
    Savvy your maths is out as it's now where near 4.5p or 5.5p a can:p:p:rotfl::rotfl: as if it was 5.5p for a can then 20 cans would be £ 1.10:cool::cool:
    henrik777 wrote: »
    DSC_4444.JPG

:wink::tongue::whistle:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business