Universal Job Match at http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk

Options

Comments

• donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i am wondering is it possible to tick the box when pressured to keep them happy but then access your account settings a week later and untick the box.
  • donnajunkie
    Options
    Boxerlover wrote: »
    OK, I am on the Work programme and signed on at the JC today guess what? NO mention of signing up for jobmatch at all so I presume this means the JC have washed their hands of anyone that's been out of work over a year and put on the work programme.
    the general rule i think is for jobcentres to not hassle people on the work programme. however some advisors are jobsworths and will still hassle people. so always take your evidence just incase.
  • john539
    john539 Posts: 16,966 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Boxerlover wrote: »
    OK, I am on the Work programme and signed on at the JC today guess what? NO mention of signing up for jobmatch at all so I presume this means the JC have washed their hands of anyone that's been out of work over a year and put on the work programme.
    Work programme jobseekers have been offloaded to the private providers.

There is no rush to get people to sign-up to UJM, they can take their time.
  • john539
    Options
    i am wondering is it possible to tick the box when pressured to keep them happy but then access your account settings a week later and untick the box.
    Yes, you can do that, you can change the DWP access setting.
  • donnajunkie
    Options
    john539 wrote: »
    Yes, you can do that, you can change the DWP access setting.
    well its simple then isnt it. tick it when pressured and then wait a short while and untick it.
  • sniggings
    sniggings Posts: 5,281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    well its simple then isnt it. tick it when pressured and then wait a short while and untick it.

and get pressured again? ;)
  • donnajunkie
    Options
    sniggings wrote: »
    and get pressured again? ;)
    well yes maybe but when they question the unticking you just play dumb and say sorry i didnt realise. i'm not very good with computers. then of course you untick it again. will they really flag up everytime someone removes the tick? i think once someone has been hassled into it they will mark it on their record and forget about it. it may not occur to them someone would be smart enough to untick it again. they do think all the uemployed are braindead idiots afterall. i think if it messes them about and gives you periods when they arent snooping its worth doing.
  • john539
    Options
    Don't think they're going to pressure to give access, they might suggest, discuss & explain 'benefits'. They'll push for people to sign-up to UJM.

They might use carrot & stick approach, make it more difficult signing with paper with increasing demands, saying you don't have to come in & can sign remotely.
  • donnajunkie
    Options
    john539 wrote: »
    Don't think they're going to pressure to give access, they might suggest, discuss & explain 'benefits'. They'll push for people to sign-up to UJM.

They might use carrot & stick approach, make it more difficult signing with paper with increasing demands, saying you don't have to come in & can sign remotely.
    i dont think they will do away with making people go all the way to the jobcentre just to write their name.
  • The_ICT_Engineer
    Options
    i dont think they will do away with making people go all the way to the jobcentre just to write their name.
    I agree, the unions would never stand for it. But I do believe that they will carry on closing the smaller Job-Centres, Leaving just the big town and city ones open, They do require that job-seekers travel for up to two hours on public transport each way to get to the Job-Centre.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure