Cross Stitch Cafe 2017 - do more of what makes you happy

Options

Comments

• Littlefrugalcottage
    Options
    Hello all!

Golly a new thread and a new year! I am hoping that this year will be a lot, A LOT better than last year.

On the Cross Stitch front I finished my little robin I got free with one of the cross stitch mags a couple of days ago so keeping that aside for next year and started the bunny I got free this month from the same mag, thankfully I already have a home for it and will be sending it as a thank you card for a table we recently received for free.

For the next year I have my sights on finishing my pokemon which I started last year, a couple of pillow patterns (one I have, one I need to buy), a horse for my aunt for next Christmas (with sparkly thread and beads, both of which I've never used before!) a Stitch along from the Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery and I'm saving up for this for my 30th in June. If I can get it before that would be great but we will see! Will be my first HAED so very excited. Oh and probably everything else inbetween!!!

I look forward to seeing everyones progress on their projects :)
    Little Frugal Cottage x
    SealedPotChallenge 2017 No.573 :j Grocery Challenge - £250/£250 left to spend £250
  • Magpied
    Magpied Posts: 87 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello all!

Golly a new thread and a new year! I am hoping that this year will be a lot, A LOT better than last year.

On the Cross Stitch front I finished my little robin I got free with one of the cross stitch mags a couple of days ago so keeping that aside for next year and started the bunny I got free this month from the same mag, thankfully I already have a home for it and will be sending it as a thank you card for a table we recently received for free.

For the next year I have my sights on finishing my pokemon which I started last year, a couple of pillow patterns (one I have, one I need to buy), a horse for my aunt for next Christmas (with sparkly thread and beads, both of which I've never used before!) a Stitch along from the Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery and I'm saving up for this for my 30th in June. If I can get it before that would be great but we will see! Will be my first HAED so very excited. Oh and probably everything else inbetween!!!

I look forward to seeing everyones progress on their projects :)

My current WIP is a pokemon chart! It's the one known online as 'Epic pokemon gen 1 chart' and is enormous and has over 100 colours... I haven't been able to work on it lately as christmas got in the way...
    No buying unnecessary toiletries 2017 UU 6
    2017 declutter 32/2017 Roadkill £1.06 Wombling free/ Ys savings 2017 £320.89 2016 @ £141.25 Craft Stash 3
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,876 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Wow LFC that's a big list of cross stitching! Looking forward to seeing photos of your makes :)

Mrs MP - great progress on Celtic Noel, such a lovely rich colour and the gold really sets it off. Fab.

Hi Magpied :)

I did some more on the middle gingerbread man today - was actually late back from lunch trying to finish off a piece of thread oooops.....

Will attempt some of the Collecting Shells design tomorrow night.

Have a good evening all,
    Coxy x
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Great start on your gingerbread men coxy, oops about it making you late though.

Mrs_mp, Love the red and gold on Celtic Noel, its going to be stunning when finished.

LFC, that's some list you've got planned good luck in getting it all done :)

Magpied, welcome to the caf!, I think you are stitching the same one as LFC, if so its huge but so colourful.

Not done much stitching so far this year but I have finally got my Safari Leopard framed, only £6.50 from a certain auction site :)

safari_leopard_framed_zpsiyp2h6lt.jpg

I also plan to stitch this before Christmas and mount it in a old hoop wrapped in ribbon, watch this space :rotfl:

baublesandbows500_zpscrztcrmi.jpg
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Morning all
    leopard looks lovely mnn and bauble wreath should look perfect in a hoop,
    Did a bit more gold infil last night hopefully can start on some actual colour stitching this week as I've almost filled the gaps in I left.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,876 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The leopard looks lovely framed nmm. What a great Christmas design and such gorgeous colours too. Look forward to seeing your progress. I did some of the Collecting Shells design on Friday. Couldn't do any yesterday as we were at the panto with family. Plan is to do some in a while after I've taken DDs boyfriend home.

Have a good evening all
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • ERICS_MUM
    ERICS_MUM Posts: 3,579 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    nmm wrote: »
    Great start on your gingerbread men coxy, oops about it making you late though.

Mrs_mp, Love the red and gold on Celtic Noel, its going to be stunning when finished.

LFC, that's some list you've got planned good luck in getting it all done :)

Magpied, welcome to the caf!, I think you are stitching the same one as LFC, if so its huge but so colourful.

Not done much stitching so far this year but I have finally got my Safari Leopard framed, only £6.50 from a certain auction site :)

safari_leopard_framed_zpsiyp2h6lt.jpg

I also plan to stitch this before Christmas and mount it in a old hoop wrapped in ribbon, watch this space :rotfl:

baublesandbows500_zpscrztcrmi.jpg

Wow, I'm in awe of your leopard, you must have brilliant eyes to cope with all that detail.

I like the baubles wreath too, I suppose with some imagination you could stitch them in different colour palettes. A very small version could be made up into a Christmas card.
  • nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks Erics Mum, the leopards spots did drive me mad, but it was so worth it. As for the wreath changing colour would be quite easy but purple is my favourite colour so I can't wait to get started on it, might even buy some sparkly aida.
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Ohhh purple AND sparkly, can't wait to see the updates nmm.
    SPC~12 ot 124

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure