Aquashield Reclaim

Options

Comments

• smitchy73
    smitchy73 Posts: 2,558 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    chinaman wrote: »
    I too have been contacted by Consumer Reclaim regarding the Aquashield process that was mis-sold to people. They inform me that although I only paid the £1000 deposit with a credit card and the balance with a cheque I can in fact claim the full amount back. This seems odd to me. But the lady was adamant that this was so. They of course want their 25% of any monies regained. I would be interested to know any more information regarding this and also how I can go about claiming myself before I have anymore contact with them.
    Because part of it has been paid on your credit card of more than £100, then the card issuer is jointly liable, so as far as I know, you can contact your card company and make a claim under Section 75 of the CCA, you can do it yourself without going through Consumer Reclaim, and you get to keep your money. Your credit card company might not entertain Consumer Reclaim anyway, who knows, but why pay them to do it when you can do it yourself.
    Main thing to remember you have to have a reason for the claim though. There has to be something faulty about the roof coating, flaking, fading, moss re-growing.
    Thanks to all the competition posters.
  • chinaman
    Options
    Thanks for you reply Smitchy I will certainly contact the credit card company to inform them of the situation as the process has been proved ineffectual and had indeed started to flake and certain areas moss is already growing. Thanks again anyone else has further information would be glad to hear it.
  • smitchy73
    Options
    chinaman wrote: »
    Thanks for you reply Smitchy I will certainly contact the credit card company to inform them of the situation as the process has been proved ineffectual and had indeed started to flake and certain areas moss is already growing. Thanks again anyone else has further information would be glad to hear it.
    Yep, well worth doing just that, I've already had contact from the finance company just today, to tell me that they have received my form and are looking at it and hope to get back to me within the next few days, so will keep this thread updated.
  • smitchy73
    Options
    Had an update from GE Money, they are arranging for someone to do a roof inspection and compile a report for them, they should be back in touch within a fortnight.
  • RMSSCS
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I have a slightly more unusual version of the current theme - after agreeing to purchase Aqua Shield's roofing product, we signed up to a credit agreement with Hitachi finance.

Whilst working on our home & preparing it for treatment - Aqua Shield damaged our roof and guttering / fascias. After going through a complaints process with them lasting nearly 6 Months - Aqua Shield refused to continue dialogue with us to address the repairs required. I was then not able to raise them ever again via voice, registered / recorded post or electronically etc.

I had already contacted Hitachi and informed them of my concern and that I intended not to pay until the remedial work was completed. They confirmed that the credit agreement would only commence on confirmed completion of the work (which of course never happened)

Now - even though I never paid a penny to Hitachi - I now have also received a letter from Consumer Reclaim stating that I may be entitled to claim the cost of any repairs or remedial work caused by Aqua Shield.

This may represent an opportunity to get my property roof repaired properly as part of this process, but I too am wary and wanted to canvass opinion - especially after having been through the mill with a company like AS already!

Thanks Everyone.
  • smitchy73
    Options
    RMSSCS wrote: »
    Hi Everyone!

I have a slightly more unusual version of the current theme - after agreeing to purchase Aqua Shield's roofing product, we signed up to a credit agreement with Hitachi finance.

Whilst working on our home & preparing it for treatment - Aqua Shield damaged our roof and guttering / fascias. After going through a complaints process with them lasting nearly 6 Months - Aqua Shield refused to continue dialogue with us to address the repairs required. I was then not able to raise them ever again via voice, registered / recorded post or electronically etc.

I had already contacted Hitachi and informed them of my concern and that I intended not to pay until the remedial work was completed. They confirmed that the credit agreement would only commence on confirmed completion of the work (which of course never happened)

Now - even though I never paid a penny to Hitachi - I now have also received a letter from Consumer Reclaim stating that I may be entitled to claim the cost of any repairs or remedial work caused by Aqua Shield.

This may represent an opportunity to get my property roof repaired properly as part of this process, but I too am wary and wanted to canvass opinion - especially after having been through the mill with a company like AS already!

Thanks Everyone.

If you're saying you never paid any money to Hitachi I don't know if you could justify claiming any cost, as you would be reclaiming nothing as you've paid nothing, however, if you contact Hitachi Finance they may agree to do it, I wouldn't use the reclaim company if I were you as if they carry out remedial work I can only assume you will get hit for a bill for that work from them, just the same as if you got compensation in monetary value they would want 25% plus VAT(Total 30%) for doing the same as you can.
    You could call Hitachi, and ask about a reclaim under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act for goods that were supplied that weren't fit for purpose and not as described, but if the finance agreement was never started to be paid I think it might've been deleted, but only they can tell, a simple call will tell you.
    Good luck and keep us informed, others on the PPI Reclaim boards might be able to help too as they are used to Sct 75 claims.
  • smitchy73
    Options
    Just as an update to my reclaim, I've got the company coming to do my inspection tomorrow on my roof, and from him, they've done hundreds of these too!
  • magpiecottage
    Options
    smitchy73 wrote: »
    If you're saying you never paid any money to Hitachi I don't know if you could justify claiming any cost, as you would be reclaiming nothing as you've paid nothing
    I suspect since you signed it and the work commenced, both sides were committed. So I would complain and if necessary take them to FOS.

quote]I wouldn't use the reclaim company if I were you as if they carry out remedial work I can only assume you will get hit for a bill for that work from them, just the same as if you got compensation in monetary value they would want 25% plus VAT(Total 30%) for doing the same as you can.[/quote]Absolutely!
    You could call Hitachi, and ask about a reclaim under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act for goods that were supplied that weren't fit for purpose and not as described, but if the finance agreement was never started to be paid I think it might've been deleted, but only they can tell, a simple call will tell you.
    As I say, if it was signed for and the work started I think that it probably was in place. Certainly worth a punt.
  • scampdog
    scampdog Posts: 197 Forumite
    Options
    Just an update from me ! we have had the forms from Hitachi credit ! and taken photos of the moss growing on the roof along with crumbling masonry ! and sent the forms off !, The reclaim company are still contacting us as they say they can get us more compensation as they have expert evidence ? anyway they are giving us three weeks to hear back from Hitachi then we shall see were we go from there !.
  • smitchy73
    Options
    scampdog wrote: »
    Just an update from me ! we have had the forms from Hitachi credit ! and taken photos of the moss growing on the roof along with crumbling masonry ! and sent the forms off !, The reclaim company are still contacting us as they say they can get us more compensation as they have expert evidence ? anyway they are giving us three weeks to hear back from Hitachi then we shall see were we go from there !.
    I think someone had said that it's not just the money that has been paid they can be liable for the cost for putting it right too, don't think anything will stop the moss from growing back as I don't think there is product that kills it completely, so think we're stuck with that part, but damaged roof or tiles could be what the claim company are hit with.
    Personally my roof is okay apart from the fading coating and the fact the moss is there when it was claimed it wouldn't, so if I get the money back that I've paid so far, and don't have to pay anymore I'll be quite happy, I've only got about 6 months to go on it too, so found out at a good point.
    I had the survey down the other day so I'm hoping that GE will be back in touch with an update, I'm preparing for the worst as in a rejection of the claim and if that happens I'll go to the Financial Ombudsman or whatever they're called at the moment.
    We shall see.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family