The Happiness Fund.

Options

Comments

• savingwannabe
    Options
    Bless you, Merry Christmas BB! Have a lovely day tomorrow.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Am just going to my friends for Christmas dinner. It is raining outside but a lovely cheery day. Everyone has phoned, I have had some wine, done some cooking to take along to ease my lovely friend's meal.

I have decided that am returning 3 of the four pjs to Boux Avenue so I can save some extra for my kitchen. lol. Then I can claim to be a bit moneysaving.

So happy. Hurrah for Christmas.

:beer:
  • Upsidedown_Bear
    Options
    Enjoy the rest of your Christmas :xmassign::xmastree: Martin says "That's money saving, well done" :money:
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I have just returned from a stay at dearest friends house. She and her husband are so happy and caring. I always leave feeling really appreciated!

Blood sugar is a bit high we had some mulled wine without the wine (can't remember what it was called) and it was full of sugar. I am going to rest watching Epic in 3D for a while and sleep and then mark this evening when my sugars have sorted themselves out. :j
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I have just returned from another lovely day out with friends. We ate a lot and swapped gifts. It was so good to catch up with them. I remember when we could do this every weekend now it's just in the holidays as we work ridiculous hours still it was a fab day.

Tomorrow I go sale shopping with my niece in Brighton and also eating out too first time in ages. Am looking forward to it. I have about £150 left in my xmas account so can have a bit more fun!
  • savingwannabe
    edited 28 December 2015 at 3:56PM
    Options
    Dearest niece is not well and so we have cancelled today but will go later on in January. This has advantages for me as I have ordered pjs and a coat and they may be arriving today and also I have lots of marking to do. My pjs are in a box I still can't decide whether I should keep them. I don't need anything but they are rather comfy????

Although I often moan about my job it has meant I can shop over the hols and buy nice presents so I had better do my marking so I can keep it. Consequently muggins here is marking in front of Christmas tree full of festive cheer and wearing glorious xmas dressing gown.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 30 December 2015 at 5:18PM
    Options
    We (3Dogs, the boys and I) are going to Beaulieu for New Year's Eve. I have done quite a bit of marking but not all and I also have to do a fair bit of lesson prep. Yuk.

My guest will leave on Monday. Mum and dad come on Tuesday. I will be doing lots of tidying on Monday night and Tuesday morning. Yikes.

I was going to say that I hadn't spent any money but I couldn't help myself and have bought a lovely jumper on fleabay for about £8.00. It will be cold soon is my only justification.:o

The Boux Avenue pjs were purchased at a fab price £12 each instead of £32. I am keeping them. I think they are really comfortable and comfy for the winter. they will last for years as I will only wear them for cold nights. I may not be in a position to buy them again as we are going to have wage cuts and more redundancies when we get back. No matter how poor I am I must have comfy pjs. My size 8's are struggling to fit so I have to get bigger one's. lol.

I will just be v careful about any further spending on my credit card. I have enough money in my xmas fund to pay it off so I don't think it's a worry. I am just so grateful that I am not stressed like I have been in previous years as I had the money in my xmas fund. Not only have a helped out a colleague with a place to live rent free I have also paid for xmas. This wouldn't have been possible without MSE. 3 cheers for MSE.

Happy New Year everyone I am offski to the New Forest to visit the boys to celebrate the New Year. May 2016 bring us health, laughter, enough cash for us to be comfortable and peace and goodwill to all except ISIS who I hope fall off a big cliff.

:beer::j:beer::j:money::T:beer::j
  • Upsidedown_Bear
    Options
    Wishing you a very happy 2016 from me and him :D

2451529567.jpg
  • BritishBibliophile
    Options
    Have a lovely trip with your boys and a happy and healthy 2016!
  • savingwannabe
    edited 3 January 2016 at 10:50PM
    Options
    Susan and Steve just drove me back.I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends. We had the best time ever. I think I have put on about 3 stone but I am soooo happy.

Back to work tomorrow.:eek:

I think I am going to have to lower my expectations. Does Daniel Craig have a brother????
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure