Lidl poor Customer Service!!

Options

Comments

• Lemsip2017
    Options
    You shouldn't have to butter up staff just to get basic service. Just ask and if they are abrupt walk away without buying anything.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Mmm, new poster agreeing with the nonsense the other new poster, strange that ;)

Clearly you don't spend much time in Lidl. Generally the average shop is still cheaper in Lidl/Aldi than the main supermarkets. Maybe you should visit some of their newer stores, the ones I've been to do have self-service tills and are a pleasure to shop in.
  • baza52
    baza52 Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lidl DO have self service tills where i live, quite a few of them.
    Only went in once, decided i didnt like the store or its merchandise so never went back again.
  • spadoosh
    spadoosh Posts: 8,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lemsip2017 wrote: »
    You shouldn't have to butter up staff just to get basic service. Just ask and if they are abrupt walk away without buying anything.

I never needed to be buttered up. Just simple pleasentries, like saying excuse me instead of oi or clicking. Or not inscinuating i dont know what im doing in my job when youre not aware of the ins and outs.

Have you ever been kicked out of a store because you asked where baked goods are, i havent.

In my experience rude customers are far more prevalent than being kicked out because you asked where something is.
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    Options
    It seems very suspicious that these nonsense posts are invariably by alleged "newbies". Somehow they find their way to the most appropriate section of the forum to post their drivel. Oh yes, they then have their alter-ego come on to support them.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,136 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Actually I do have some sympathy for toe2012 even though it's not right to secretly film staff. She didn't specify how she spoke to the store manager so don't make assumptions about what she actually said. Customer service is appalling in Lidl. Shop premises have expanded with no extra staff taken on. There will be one long queue on a single till that is opened and then a till assistant will announce that another till has opened. Yet that till isn't manned because she hadn't bothered to check if another member of staff is available. So customers will be waiting a while for another member of staff who could have been very busy at the other end of the store to come to that till. Queues build up in the Co-Op as well but at least the staff there have the decency to call a colleague to come to the tills before requesting customers go to that till.

The food in Lidl is not much cheaper than in other supermarkets because they are now stocking the same brands as the other supermarkets and not the much cheaper Eastern European and German brands. There are no self service tills and quick service tills with a maximum of ten items so if you go in there just to buy chocolate or bread you are stuck in a long queue with some of those in the queue ahead of you with a large trolley full. If you need to save money instead of shopping in shops with poor service stop wasting food as so many people do as they fill their trolleys thoughtlessly with bulk items instead of planning ahead and seeing what they can use up at home first.

Our local Lidl sells branded goods cheaper than the tesco store does and much cheaper than the CO OP who are dearer than Tesco.

Two items quickly Elm Le single 65p in Lidl/ 95p in Tesco.

Graham's Butter 89p in Lidl/ £1.20 in Tesco

A lot of their 'cheaper European goods' are very very good, cheaper in price but not necessarily in quality. Like everything some I like, some i don't. But then I don't like all branded products either. I don't buy products by how much they cost, I buy what I enjoy.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    There should be a warning at the top of every forum page warning us that the school holidays are on. By the way, when do they end?
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    Options
    pmduk wrote: »
    There should be a warning at the top of every forum page warning us that the school holidays are on. By the way, when do they end?

Another couple of weeks I think - unfortunately.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 December 2017 at 9:42AM
    Options
    Actually I do have some sympathy for toe2012 even though it's not right to secretly film staff. She didn't specify how she spoke to the store manager so don't make assumptions about what she actually said. Customer service is appalling in Lidl. Shop premises have expanded with no extra staff taken on. There will be one long queue on a single till that is opened and then a till assistant will announce that another till has opened. Yet that till isn't manned because she hadn't bothered to check if another member of staff is available. So customers will be waiting a while for another member of staff who could have been very busy at the other end of the store to come to that till. Queues build up in the Co-Op as well but at least the staff there have the decency to call a colleague to come to the tills before requesting customers go to that till.

The food in Lidl is not much cheaper than in other supermarkets because they are now stocking the same brands as the other supermarkets and not the much cheaper Eastern European and German brands. There are no self service tills and quick service tills with a maximum of ten items so if you go in there just to buy chocolate or bread you are stuck in a long queue with some of those in the queue ahead of you with a large trolley full. If you need to save money instead of shopping in shops with poor service stop wasting food as so many people do as they fill their trolleys thoughtlessly with bulk items instead of planning ahead and seeing what they can use up at home first.

Not had a problem with queuing at the Lidl near me, in fact when a new chsckout is opened a member of staff is on the way with a few minutes. Cant say for sure if extra staff have been taken on as I wasn't involved in the recruiting, maybe I could find a role for you Lemsip.

Not sure where you are but Lidl is cheaper, well from my experience. They have stocked the same brands for years, even stocked new ones too since the local 1 reopened.

If people want to fill trolleys with bulk items then its up to them, means more money for Lidl at end of the day. In any case you shouldn't assume people haven't checked whats in the cupboards and they need whats in the trolley.

Maybe you should give Aldi and Lidl a try, go on go on go on, you wont regret it.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    pmduk wrote: »

Some close end of this week.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport