~Avon Hints & Tips (Part 8) ~ Please read first post :)

Options

Comments

• jennmark
    jennmark Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    hi a potential customer asked me about gluten/wheat free lipstick, eyeshadow and mascaras. she had been told that avon do some but didnt know which ones. anyone got any advice? i must admit, i'm a little confused as i thought gluten intolerance/allergy was digestive only so contact with gluten shouldnt be a problem, however i'm not an expert!
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    I'm getting signed up tomorrow. I'm having doubts already though.

I don't have many friends or family so I'm going to have to deliver through doors. I'm worried about abuse or negative vibes. I have decided to put brochures through doors and hope that customers put them back out for collection so I don't disturb. I'm not going to get very far with my timid attitude am I?!

I desperately need to get my confidence up!
  • Ruby_Doris
    Options
    Does anyone by any miracle have the owl necklace (44834) and earrings (44719) from C6 I could buy off them???
    My customer is desperate for them and she spends £50 per campaign on average, so I'm wanting to keep her as happy as I can!

Thanks xxx
  • lulalolly
    lulalolly Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    PurpleJay wrote: »
    Found out that someone is canvassing one of my streets so I have emailed my ASM. Found a couple of her books when I did another sweep of the street for books not left out the week before. Not very happy about it but though I had better let the ASM deal with it. Has anyone else had this?

I'm on my 3rd campaign on my allocated territory , on my 1st campaign on my biggest road i was told there was already an avon rep, so rang my asm who replaced it with a different road. 2nd campaign i covered this new road to be told its already covered lol rang my asm again who said she wud text me my new area...she did and had just given me the roads i already had??? I'm still waiting to hear back from her and hoping that she gets it right this time because im trying to get organised with exactly where i am going and when lol x
    Virgin - £0 :j, HSBC overdraft £630 - ??% AER, Barclays - £4,527 - 0% APR, DFS - £1500 - 0% APR
    TOTAL - £6657
  • 69chick
    69chick Posts: 544 Forumite
    Options
    lulalolly wrote: »
    I'm on my 3rd campaign on my allocated territory , on my 1st campaign on my biggest road i was told there was already an avon rep, so rang my asm who replaced it with a different road. 2nd campaign i covered this new road to be told its already covered lol rang my asm again who said she wud text me my new area...she did and had just given me the roads i already had??? I'm still waiting to hear back from her and hoping that she gets it right this time because im trying to get organised with exactly where i am going and when lol x

How annoying! all that work for nothing, hope you get sorted soon and hope the asm is getting more books to you!! I did my first drop today of 40 books to pick up Wednesday, have a feeling there wont be any orders (I know I am being negative, we shall see...
    Starting with Avon C6 target sales £150.00
  • lulalolly
    lulalolly Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    69chick wrote: »
    How annoying! all that work for nothing, hope you get sorted soon and hope the asm is getting more books to you!! I did my first drop today of 40 books to pick up Wednesday, have a feeling there wont be any orders (I know I am being negative, we shall see...

You might be pleasantly surprised... I kept thinking that on my new roads but then when I saw the order forms all filled in i was doing little leaps of joy lol x
    Virgin - £0 :j, HSBC overdraft £630 - ??% AER, Barclays - £4,527 - 0% APR, DFS - £1500 - 0% APR
    TOTAL - £6657
  • lozza1985
    lozza1985 Posts: 3,373 Forumite
    Options
    Ruby_Doris wrote: »
    Does anyone by any miracle have the owl necklace (44834) and earrings (44719) from C6 I could buy off them???
    My customer is desperate for them and she spends £50 per campaign on average, so I'm wanting to keep her as happy as I can!

Thanks xxx

Have you tried eBay? Could be worth a look if you Haven't already :)
    Avon Lady since 2009 - I help on the Avon hints & tips thread to help other reps/new sales leaders as I was helped so much by it when I first started out :A
  • I,_Geek
    I,_Geek Posts: 831 Forumite
    Options
    lulalolly wrote: »
    I'm on my 3rd campaign on my allocated territory , on my 1st campaign on my biggest road i was told there was already an avon rep, so rang my asm who replaced it with a different road.

Were you absolutely sure another rep is actively working the entire street - i.e. re-canvassing as well as serving their existing customers? There could be good reason for the street not being allocated to them anymore.

On one of my streets someone said there was already a rep and I wouldn't find any more customers. I double-checked the street was okay to do, and found more customers.

I'd try not to take what people say as fact because they don't know how Avon works behind the scenes. Ask your ASM to investigate first - ask the other rep if they think the street is allocated to them, are they going to re-canvas? If it's a yes, then you'll need new streets, but if not the street needs to be given to someone else to find new customers.
    I used to have my Avon turnover (sales) here. They've been removed because it's not appropriate to talk about those kinds of sales as if they're realistic for a new Rep to aim for. :( I signed up at the right time, right place, and was very lucky.
  • lozza1985
    lozza1985 Posts: 3,373 Forumite
    edited 13 March 2012 at 10:58AM
    Options
    People struggling to get hold of asm - asms don't work weekends - they need time off afterall - and during the week they have up to 48 hours to respond to queries, usually they get back to you sooner than this, but as they have large areas to look after and there are lots of reps within those areas, it can sometimes take them a while, particularly if they've got to look into something trickier (territory issues which might require a bit of research etc).

Sl do different hours - some work weekends, some don't, but as a rough guide the same rules apply as above (not working weekends and getting back to you within 48 hours), unless they tell you otherwise.
    Avon Lady since 2009 - I help on the Avon hints & tips thread to help other reps/new sales leaders as I was helped so much by it when I first started out :A
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    I'm wanting to put a little slip through with the Avon brochure explaining who I am etc. Would you put your photo on the intro piece?

I'm 'fuddle' your new Independent Avon Representative. And now I'm stuck. I'd like something short but something pleasant and nice about myself and Avon products. Then Please feel free to contact me at madeup@emailadd

Can you help me out what would be appropriate or fly some ideas around for me? The nerves are kicking in big time - all I'm about to do is put a brochure through a handful of people's doors for goodness sakes
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure