~Avon Hints & Tips (Part 8) ~ Please read first post :)

Options

Comments

• I,_Geek
    I,_Geek Posts: 831 Forumite
    Options
    PurpleJay wrote: »
    Can't imagine asking people if I can spray them with perfume on the doorstep but still! The samples were mixed and I will pop them in with some orders.

I ask at the end of a delivery, or when collecting brochures from people I know are interested. I ask before taking it out of my bag, just casually saying I have one with me if they'd like a try and if they like it I re-mention the name and if it's on at a good price in their next brochure I'll point that out. For example I'd have said Far Away Exotic was on for £10 with a free gift, but if they just want the perfume it's on at £6.50 then £6 in later books if they want to wait.

EDIT: You do get some customers saying they don't like Avon perfumes, even if they'll buy other Avon things, but no-one's been rude about it. It's useful info so you know not to give them a perfume sample in future - if they're refusing a free spray they probably won't bother with a fiddly sample.
    I used to have my Avon turnover (sales) here. They've been removed because it's not appropriate to talk about those kinds of sales as if they're realistic for a new Rep to aim for. :( I signed up at the right time, right place, and was very lucky.
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    If houses didn't return books that were bagged, clearly labelled when to leave on doorstep and to tick an option if they didn't want future brochures, would you leave a brochure there in future or not bother again?

I'm about to go out to pick my 17 brochures up in the next hour or so and I'm not at all hopeful as I passed some houses on the way to school with no brochures out side. I'm going to print some notes that say 'I called to collect your Avon brochure today. Please could you leave it on your doorstep for collection tomorrow, even if you don't wish to order. Thank you.'

I just want to get clear in my head how many chances to gie houses because I have this horrible feeling that I'm not going to have brochures to pass on to the next houses. We shall see.

Iam not giving up, I am not giving up, I am not giving up!
  • Georgia_Pa
    Georgia_Pa Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    Hi!

My name is Georgia, I am new to this!

I absolutely love Avon make-up, they have good prices too.I love the small offer book when it is out, these make great gifts!

Keep up the good work Avon!
    We’re separate, two ghosts in one mirror, no nearer
    Later on if it turns to chaos
    Hurricane coming all around us
    See the crack, pull it back from the window, you stay low..<3 :o
    Say when !
  • ~evanesco~
    ~evanesco~ Posts: 814 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm losing books left right and centre. But I'm ok with it. I've got 195 houses to sort the wheat from the chaff so to speak. So if I need to order 60 for the next couple of campaigns, so be it. It's a business investment at the end of the day. I'm slowly building a string customer base. I have 20-25 so far. I'll eventually just order for those customers and everyone else will reuse their books/go onto back order until they order or tell me not to leave one. I don't really mind it at all. So long as all my customers get to see a fresh book.
  • lozza1985
    lozza1985 Posts: 3,373 Forumite
    Options
    The best thing to do if you don't get the books back - leave them till last next time, after you've taken books to everyone else, then deliver books to those that didn't return it.

I wouldn't panic though, a lot of people are forgetful and will probably put it out for tomorrow as when they get your note they'll remember what day it is and that the book should have been out.
    Avon Lady since 2009 - I help on the Avon hints & tips thread to help other reps/new sales leaders as I was helped so much by it when I first started out :A
  • fuddle
    Options
    Thanks for putting it into perspective there ~evanesco~ I think I have to up my order of books for next campaign too, just to have peace of mind.

I'm back from picking up the first lot of orders and brochures.

I got 9 out of 17 brochures back which I am pleased about actually. It means I can regroup and get them out in the next street. I've left a slip to request they come back though because I do need to get them back incase the other 9 go awol.

The 9 that put out put they didn't want to see future books but get this... I have 1 customer! The lady from number 18 is my new friend :D

That one customer has made it all worth while.

I'm on order value of 20.09 with two customers. A third to give me an order tonight and a fourth tomorrow. My friend is also having a browse through.

I've £58 to get to MOV and I'm determined to do it. Let's hope the next street is more fruitful.
  • fuddle
    Options
    Thanks lozza as always. That sounds like a plan :) It is really helpful to have the 'tick if you don't want to see future brochures' box because I know straight away who not to bother with anymore.

I see that as a way of moving onto further streets quicker to biuld up my base... I think. If I'm allowed more streets. Hope I am :/
  • Squidge123
    Squidge123 Posts: 491 Forumite
    Options
    I have handed out books to workmates and asked for them to hand That way I can then rehand them out. I'm going to knock on doors tonight when I finish work and ask if people want a book. Then Saturday I will go and collect ready to go out again on Sunday.

I have 132 houses to go to and a list of people I work with who want brochures. It would be great if all 132 houses put in an order!
    DEBT TOTAL: £7609.44
  • fuddle
    Options
    My current ratio is 1:17 so I hope you do better than me lol
  • I,_Geek
    I,_Geek Posts: 831 Forumite
    Options
    fuddle wrote: »
    If houses didn't return books that were bagged, clearly labelled when to leave on doorstep and to tick an option if they didn't want future brochures, would you leave a brochure there in future or not bother again?

Yes definitely! :) I dropped these people when I started and re-canvassed a few months later only to pick them up as customers. They could have been ordering all that time, so on any new streets I've had since then I carry on with "non-returners" for 3 campaigns. Out of 90-odd customers I've counted 15 who didn't return their first book.

I've got many customers who rarely order, and only return a brochure when they want to order, so they go down as "no return" most campaigns. I have them on backorder.
    I used to have my Avon turnover (sales) here. They've been removed because it's not appropriate to talk about those kinds of sales as if they're realistic for a new Rep to aim for. :( I signed up at the right time, right place, and was very lucky.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback