Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B

Options

Comments

• pmatt_2
    pmatt_2 Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    Katiehound wrote: »
    My switch isn't due to go through yet and the card not arrived- yet- but I received x 3 identical letters asking for a sample signature! Seems their system can only count 3 and above!!
    Maybe I'll get x 3 debit cards- hope not.

Ha! That’s nothing. I applied for their credit card (having been accepted for the current account). They rejected me and sent me five identical rejection letters.

I guess they really don’t want my business!
  • roxy28
    roxy28 Posts: 670 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Did anyone have the option to set up a 4 digit code for telephone banking or do you have to arrange it over the phone.
    :T
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    roxy28 wrote: »
    Did anyone have the option to set up a 4 digit code for telephone banking or do you have to arrange it over the phone.

I set mine up during the initial application.
  • badboy13
    badboy13 Posts: 67 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have successfully switched to a B account. £1500 was switched automatically from old account to new account. Does that count as the first £1000 to be paid in? Do i just need to pay another £1000 next month?
  • tempus_fugit
    tempus_fugit Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    badboy13 wrote: »
    I have successfully switched to a B account. £1500 was switched automatically from old account to new account. Does that count as the first £1000 to be paid in? Do i just need to pay another £1000 next month?
    If your switch date has already passed then yes, I think this will count as the first deposit. It has to be after the switch date to count.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • twiglet98
    twiglet98 Posts: 883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I rang the Switching Team earlier and the information I was given by Customer Services yesterday was wrong, the switch has been initiated during the phone call with a switch date of 16 November and they assure me that as my application (and account opening) was before the incentive was pulled, I will get it subject to the other criteria being met. Phew!

Just got home and their confirmation email reads:
    Your switch will be completed on the date you requested. If you have an agreed overdraft facility on your old account you need to arrange a planned borrowing limit with us before your switch starts, otherwise your old account will not be closed.

I have an agreed overdraft facility on my old account but am comfortably in credit and have not dipped into the overdraft for months, and then only for a day. I did not ask for an overdraft when applying for the YBS account and it's too late to ring them this evening. One hurdle after another...

Logging into YBS online banking is an unnecessarily tortuous process. I'm sorry to be leaving Santander, their login is so easy in comparison.

Now to try setting up the app!
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    twiglet98 wrote: »
    Logging into YBS online banking is an unnecessarily tortuous process. I'm sorry to be leaving Santander, their login is so easy in comparison.

Now to try setting up the app!

Ah, but perhaps a little matter of 250 spondoolies will make it worth a touch of torture!!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • tempus_fugit
    Options
    I wouldn't say it was any more tortuous. With Santander you put in your customer number then on the next screen you put in three characters from your password and three numbers from your pass code. For the Clydesdale you put in your customer number, then three characters from your password on the next screen and finally answer a security question. Seems very similar to me.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If your switch date has already passed then yes, I think this will count as the first deposit. It has to be after the switch date to count.

I manually transferred my first £1,000 on the day of the switch. However may now do another transfer just to make sure I still qualify.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I don't really understand the rush unless there is a chance the deposit will be forgotten. I've got £1000 of SOs on December 1st on the switched account and I habitually deposit £1000 on that date to satisfy the SOs. December 1st is within my first 31 days. The next deposit will be a bit earlier on December 28/29.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure