PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Have you put the central heating on yet?

Options

Comments

• springdreams
    springdreams Posts: 3,623 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Car Insurance Carver! Home Insurance Hacker! Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Not the heating; we're on the cool side but not worried, but our guests from Bavaria (where it's currently 35℃+) have had the fire on in their room all night. For nearly two weeks...

Give them an electric blanket - its got to be cheaper!
    squeaky wrote: »
    Smiles are as perfect a gift as hugs...
    ..one size fits all... and nobody minds if you give it back.
    ☆.。.:*・° Housework is so much easier without the clutter ☆.。.:*・°
    SPC No. 518
  • ancientofdays
    Options
    Not yet, no, but I did put a cardigan on yesterday. I'm usually a cold person but to me, it still feels warm most of the time
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • Soot2006
    Soot2006 Posts: 2,167 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Incredible what a temp range there must be across the country! We're in South East and it's still French doors wide open during the day and as many windows as possible open during the night. The rain cleared away some of the muggier weather and brought in a pleasant breeze but I'm not even in sleeves until 8/9pm-ish, let alone heating!
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Soot2006 wrote: »
    Incredible what a temp range there must be across the country! We're in South East and it's still French doors wide open during the day and as many windows as possible open during the night. The rain cleared away some of the muggier weather and brought in a pleasant breeze but I'm not even in sleeves until 8/9pm-ish, let alone heating!

I'm in North East Scotland and still have open windows. No long sleeves needed here yet.:)
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    No heating on, but we have gone to bed with hot water bottles and the fire has been lit in the sitting room a couple of afternoons!!
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 August 2017 at 9:15PM
    Options
    Sat outside in shorts and a tee shirt enjoying a cold beer in the late afternoon sunshine. Felled a couple of trees this afternoon. Sliced them into rings. Need to split and stack them tomorrow.

BBQing a goose later.

ETA 21:15 Still outside in shorts and tee shirt. Goose cooking in the BBQ.
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Heating no way! But I was just a bit too cold in bed last night to get to sleep (joints ache if I get a bit chilled). I should have put the bedspread on top of the thin summer duvet but I hadn't and I couldn't bring myself to get out of bed.

So I put the electric blanket on for half an hour.. Bliss! (I should say ours is one you can leave on overnight)
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I don't think I could put it on in August. Using blankets to keep warm on the cold days.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I've had the electric fan on since I've got home, it's very warm and sunny here today.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,689 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I don't put the heating on if it's a bit chilly in the summer.

Last week, I had a sleeveless maxi dress on but felt a bit cold so I changed into a pair of leggings and a long sleeved top.

I've got a holiday coming up and the heating will stay off until we're home - and hopefully for several weeks after that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure