PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Have you put the central heating on yet?

Options

Comments

• I_Love_comps
    I_Love_comps Posts: 2,297 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Name Dropper
    Options
    The weather is starting to have that 'Autumnal' feel about it. Still clocking up temps of 20-21 though. I have had a cardigan on in the evenings though. Most nights the small bedroom window is open too.
    I will not put the heating on till hopefully mid-October.
    I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Diary Link My Frugal Year 2023 My Frugal Year 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum

My Challenges
    Make £2023 in 2023. £3.16/£2023 Make £2023 in 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum
    Compers Challenge 2023 0 Wins Compers challenge 2023! — MoneySavingExpert Forum

• coffeehound
    coffeehound Posts: 5,690 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Judi wrote: »
    Seriously, I'm trying to wean hubby off using the air con unit.. it's set at 19 degrees to cool the house down.

19 degrees feels very cold with air con. A comfortable setting is 23 or even 24 deg if you like the warm.
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Options
    Heating on in August! Good grief :eek:

Mind you I did make a nice bowl of hot home made soup the other day. :snow_laug

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • Wednesday2000
    Options

I'm going to get a cardigan.:) I'm definitely putting the heating on this early.

I meant I'm definitely not putting the heating on this early, I left a word out.:rotfl:

It's sunny and nice today.
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Still no heating on here. We have stopped using the aircon at night now :)
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • Our thermostatic time switch pumped some de chill through the radiators this morning. In fact, you should run your system at least once a month during spring, summer and early autumn to prevent seizing of the pumps, making sure that radiators are bled, and things.
  • grunnie
    grunnie Posts: 1,789 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No heating on here and am in the north of Scotland. My heating goes off at the end of April and on again in the middle of September every year - well for the last 43 years it has. If I am cold I just add another jumper.
    If I am very cold I put on my electric blanket for 10 minutes before I go to bed.
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,428 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I just went out for a walk as we needed loo roll and my face is all red, it's actually quite hot today! Strange changeable weather we're having.
  • Petula
    Petula Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    At a bit of an advantage as I have my own built in heater :rotfl: Heating has not been on, we've had a couple of chilly mornings but not 'central heating chilly'! Then again, even in the depths of winter our central heating is set at a steady 17 during the day and 12/13 at night. Either the temps drop to that for them to come on or they don't :D We'll turn on the CH when temps are at 15-16 for more than a few days but for now it is orf!

Really the only time our heat is turned up past the norm is if someone is ill.
  • butterfly2507
    Options
    Our heating always turns on when it's below 10 degrees. So nothing yet but I have to tell you: I am cold! And sick. I might wear a thick sweater and beanie ... IN AUGUST. :rotfl::rotfl:
    books read 2020: 29 / 100
    Weight loss journey: 1,5 KG / 9 KG

english is not my first language, sorry for any misspellings :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills