Two Pennies Left

Options

Comments

• Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Took a very soggy tour out yesterday. They were all up for it though and I have wet weather gear so not really an issue. The problems arose because we had two tours booked at the same time and not enough indoor space to accommodate them :eek: I had to take my guys up to one of the Estate pubs for the indoor part. It took 15 minutes to get there and was a bit of a drive for them which they weren't expecting. They were great about it though and I gave them extra stuff to compensate.

I'm working all day today and there are similar challenges - three big overlapping tours booked and it's already raining here. Will talk to the others when I get there to see how we can manage things. Counting down to my last tour and can't wait now :(

Mr F is away at a 4x4 thingy this weekend so I had a night to myself. I did some work on a memoir I've been writing for a competition. Ice cream was involved but nobody needs to know ;)

Have a great weekend everyone

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Saturday was, as expected, a day from hell. We did our best but it was so crowded and we had complaints from several people. My commitments are thinning out now so that should help but I am losing the will to live. I'm not working again until Sunday but I think that's going to be a tough day too. Then an easier day on the Monday and, after that, I'm down to one day a week for three weeks. I'm not taking on any more dates now.

Yesterday was a recovery day. I pottered around the house and did some ironing but not much else. Had a chat with the neighbours about their garden plans and was gifted some of their new potatoes :)

Mr F is off on business again today for a few days so I am keeping out of his way until he leaves to catch his flight.

Hope the week's off to a good start for you

Fortune x
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    So lovely to have the week stretching out ahead of me with no tour interruptions. I have cooked and cleaned and baked and painted and written and I still have two days left before the weekend :D

My cooking/baking comprised:
    I have started a new painting. This one's for the on-line shop which is very empty at the moment. Tulips again as I so enjoyed the painting I did for the WI. I'm almost finished a new story too. This one's destined for a memoir competition.

Got my hair cut on Tuesday and Mr F returned from his business trip with chocolates so it's a good week so far.

Hope yours is going well too _party_

Fortune x
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    I have managed to dodge an extra tour date today and another has been cancelled - hoorah! :j

Mr F got home a little earlier than expected last night and left a little earlier than expected this morning :) He's away again tonight but home for the weekend which we've kept free for him so he can have a potter and recover from his adventures.

I have spent the day painting. Here it is - although, now I've seen it on screen, I want to make a few changes to the red tulips in the background https://www.facebook.com/BeeGardenArt/ then it can go into the shop. I am hoping to paint about one picture a week going forward.

Must, must, must get diet and exercise sorted. I have been living off cake and chocolate today and my back has been playing up for a while now :(

Off to look a the gym timetable...

Fortune x
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Woke up feeling rubbish - think it was all the sugar I ate yesterday :o I've improved as the day's worn on but I'm still feeling a little fragile. That'll teach me.

So slow progress today but I have:
    • done a little more work on the latest painting and put it into the on-line shop
    • written a little more of my latest story
    • delivered the pink tulip painting to the WI for our stall at the Farmers' Market tomorrow
    • picked up a prescription from the village.

Mr F is home this evening and there is leftover spaghetti squash stuffing for tea. I'm going to make it into a pasta sauce. Have taken some puff pastry out of the freezer to make cheese and mushroom pies for Mr F's lunches this weekend as I'm out and about.

It's the weekend peeps! Have fun.

Fortune x
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just dropping by to say hope you're ok fortune and that mr f offer finally came through. Hope you've been busy with lots of fun stuff. PF.
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Hello everyone. Just popping in to say all is well, I've just been very busy these last weeks.

Mr F has been offered the new role but we are still waiting to see the package so it's not a done deal yet.

I only have 3 dates left in my part-time job before I finished (although they keep trying to book me in for more!)

I have started an on-line 0p£n Univ£r$ity course through Futur£ L£arn. Lots of subjects to choose from and they are all free!

What with the course (creative writing) and my creative writing group projects I am writing a lot. So I suspect writing in my diary could take a hit for a while.

Hope all is well with you guys.

Fortune x
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Just dropping by to say hello :) I'd love to do some courses with the O-you but that might have to wait until I am part-time. I love that you fit learning and creativity into your life. When I do I feel so much better for it...
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Just dropping by to say hello :) I'd love to do some courses with the O-you but that might have to wait until I am part-time. I love that you fit learning and creativity into your life. When I do I feel so much better for it...

Hi DIA :hello:

lovely to see you. I'm finding the course quite light in terms of time - 3 hours a week max. It is a free course though - I'd have thought the paid for courses, and those leading to qualifications, are much more intense.

I'm much better at keeping my brain fit than my body :o

Fortune x
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    I am lurgified and have had to cancel my plans for the day :( It does give me the chance to update my diary though.

There have been highs and lows since I last wrote:
    • Mr F has negotiated a package for his new role and is waiting for the formal paperwork. They want him to start as soon as possible
    • The Fortunate Cat is no longer with us. She had become completely blind, partially deaf and was suffering from dementia. Very confusing and frightening for her and we couldn't put her though that any longer. We both feel it was the right decision but still very sad and the house seems empty without her
    • I have reached Week 5 of my 0U course and am learning a lot. The feedback I've received is very encouraging
    • There are only 2 days left in the diary for my part-time job and those are minding the shop rather than tours. I've had a little leaving party already with another tour guide who's leaving at the same time.

We need to do some thinking now on goals for next year. We waver constantly on our decision to move and I can't settle until that question is resolved.

Decisions, decisions...

Hope everyone's doing well

Fortune x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure