Does anybody use iZettle for taking payments ?

Options

Comments

• Kee_2
    Kee_2 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    I have a 'micro business' where I do make overs and manicures at craft fayres and events. I tried iZettle but I found that people were apprehensive about putting their card into something that was attached to my phone. I'm now looking for something more professional looking but suitable for a very small business.
    iZettle now has a chip'n'pin reader
  • Kee_2
    Kee_2 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    iZettle now have a chip and pin solution. It works for both Visa and Mastercard, as a bluetooth device connected to an iPad or iPhone. It's streets ahead of their first card reader. It costs about £50.
    Price has unfortunately doubled now
  • im-lost
    im-lost Posts: 1,927 Forumite
    Options
    Kee wrote: »
    Price has unfortunately doubled now

Worldpays offering us better, it's £59.99 plus you can get £20 off it if a current customer refers you so makes it £39.99.

The worldpay offering is miles ahead of the others, it's from one if the leading payment processors, it's a widely known and trusted name amongst the public, they have fast payout times, you can get lower fees by paying a small monthly fee...
  • Brassedoff
    Brassedoff Posts: 1,217 Forumite
    Options
    Acc72 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Does anybody have any experience of using iZettle to take payments from customers ?

What has your experience been ?

Doing a search on this site there are comments about not being able to take Mastercard payments, but their website says that you can as they are EMV (Europay, Matercard and Visa approved) - may be recent approval ?

How have your customers responded ?

The website says "no lengthy contracts" - what does this mean, that there is effectively no contract ?

Are there any other similar companies / systems out there ?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

I tried it when I stupidly clicked on a bit of spam from Huddlesbuy. I found it worked OK, but they took ages to pay me and their fees were a bit to high for what they offered. If you have to take those type payments the Paypal virtual machine app is better. Others may have used other systems though.
  • Drip_Doctor
    Options
    im-lost wrote: »
    Worldpays offering us better, it's £59.99 plus you can get £20 off it if a current customer refers you so makes it £39.99.

The worldpay offering is miles ahead of the others, it's from one if the leading payment processors, it's a widely known and trusted name amongst the public, they have fast payout times, you can get lower fees by paying a small monthly fee...

Don't suppose you could refer me as I'm about to go with Worldpay and found this thread! I could do with saving as much as possible! Sorry to be cheeky, but you don't ask you don' get!! Am a bit gutted I missed out on the free ones about 4 months ago!
  • im-lost
    edited 30 May 2013 at 1:26AM
    Options
    Don't suppose you could refer me as I'm about to go with Worldpay and found this thread! I could do with saving as much as possible! Sorry to be cheeky, but you don't ask you don' get!! Am a bit gutted I missed out on the free ones about 4 months ago!

Check your private messages. Sent you details of how to get the discount.

I got mine in the free trial / pilot scheme, and to be honest, it really is a great little piece of kit, and considering there are no monthly fees and no lengthy contracts, the fees they charge aren't really that far off what a traditional machine would cost, probably about 1% higher if compared to most start up rates.

If you are accepted and need any help setting it up, although instructions come with it, I'm sure someone on here will give directions, a few of us have them, and most seem happy with them.
  • SamV_2
    SamV_2 Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello,

Could I be cheeky too and ask for a referral?

Does anyone know how long the services take to transfer the funds into your account?

Last I read, some of them take upto a week?

Cheers,
    Sam
  • im-lost
    Options
    SamV wrote: »
    Hello,

Could I be cheeky too and ask for a referral?

Does anyone know how long the services take to transfer the funds into your account?

Last I read, some of them take upto a week?

Cheers,
    Sam

The funds are sent for settlement the same day as you process them, it then takes 3 - 4 days to hit your account.
  • kingsiggy
    kingsiggy Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    I know this is quite old, but I've been using Intuit Pay and it has been great!

Managed to get the chip and pin machine on sale but I think it is £49.99 plus VAT at the moment, and then you just have to pay a small percentage of each sale to them, no monthly fees, no line rental.

It connects via bluetooth to your phone (but you do need the internet) and looks professional because you don't even need to show your customer that you're using your phone at all.

Have had no problems!
  • Drip_Doctor
    Options
    Hi there, I wanted to get a Worldpay machine but if you get referred it's £39.99 and the referrer gets a £15 amazon voucher. Once I get the machine I'll do the same for anyone who wants one too, is there anyone out there who wants a £15 amazon voucher who can help me out please?!?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure