Frugal frump to Fab - Astonishing Autum Exquinox to Wondrous Winter Solstice

Options

Comments

• lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 21 October 2012 at 6:18PM
    Options
    podperson wrote: »
    Hi all,

LL - am so so pleased that things are finally working out for you, after all the soldiering on and the set-backs it must be a huge relief. Hopefully you can relax a little now, take a bit of time for you - and then on with the millionaire plans! :D

;) That's the next big plan!!!!

Hope your Gran is ok and things get sorted.

Well not much happening this end - my back is rather painful so just having to take it easy and nurse it along. It's very frustrating because there is so much to be done. I've not been able to exercise properly - just managing a few stretches at the moment.

I made up a little potion of serum.10 ml of light olive oil and 5 drops of rose essence. My skin felt a lot calmer yesterday, so will continue with that for the next few days and see how we go. Also back to the OCM to see if we can calm things down.

I bought some plants for my front garden yesterday. It's thick fog at the moment but hopefully it will burn off later and I can get out and plant them, along with the hundreds of tulips DS2 has brought home from the garden centre.:D They will be running coach trips to our house at this rate to see the "tulip fields". :rotfl:

Now then ladies - here's a heads up.

Apparently we are soon in for an "arctic blast" - a cold and early winter is forecast. :eek:What with that and a promise of rocketing food prices and it's not looking that great.

I have decided that next week I'm going to fit in a couple of major shopping expeditions. Food of course but I really need to buy myself a few winter clothes as well.

Anyway - time to start the day. First the ironing.....

Don't forget - time to think about tomorrow's little bit of "Monday Magic".

Edited to say arctic not artic.
  • Skymist
    Skymist Posts: 406 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Girls....and THANK YOU ALL so much for your "congratulations"...I'm more than chuffed :j!

I had my first Skype visit with my grandaughter yesterday morning at 6.00am :eek: , from the hospital, via my son's iPhone, so the pictures were a little bit disorted....but, it was WONDERFUL to see her in real life ....made my heart sing out loud :D

Hope you're all enjoying your weekend!

S X
  • fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 21 October 2012 at 4:28PM
    Options
    The mist and fog has covered the bright blue sky and sun which was here first thing this morning. Feels very chilly here now.

Not feeling any better at all today and will try ad get a dr appt tomorrow.

Not much else to report apart from I will be welded to the sofa listing on fleabay later on to shift some more stuff by next week. Hope so!
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • podperson
    podperson Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all,

Cherry - good progress on the goals. Are you signed up to Nano yet? My username on there is winterdusk if you want to add me :) The novel I'm doing for Nano is a suspense one, my main one is more paranormal. I hate synposises too, I need to write one for the one I'm just starting so I can submit it with a first chapter - which is going to be hard work as I don't tend to know beforehand how a story is going to go - I'm not a great planner, I tend to just see where the characters take me :)

LL - hope the back's a bit better. Could do without an 'artic blast' is nippy enough here already :(

Sparkles - sending you 'get well soon' vibes x been feeling a bit sniffly today so have picked some juice up this morning.

Not been up to much today. Bit of a walk and picked some bits of shopping up but nothing major. Up to 6k on the new story so might do a bit more tonight, but then need to polish up the first chapter and write a synposis for it to submit by the end of the week. The synposis is going to be hard as am not too sure on the whole story yet. I gave in and signed up to National Novel Writing Month - I may regret it later but hopefully will keep me on track to getit finished by the end of November. Need to do a condition on my hair tonight, and possibly do my nails as well if I have time.
    Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday x
  • evilsquid1603
    Options
    congratulations skymist! what a lovely name!

well done LL too!

i've passed the 1 and 1/2 stone weightloss mark! only another 1 and 1/2 to go :rotfl:
  • bratz81
    bratz81 Posts: 673 Forumite
    Options
    cherryprint - my Paul McKenna book arrived today so going to get the CD on my iphone and give it a read. Sounds like you've had great success so far!

lessonlearned - glad you've had some good news for a change.

maman and podperson - thanks for the welcome back :) podperson the wedding went fantastic in the end. We had a lot of stress with his family and who was invited and who wasn't but on the day I was on a cloud of joy and nothing could go wrong. Soppy I know :)

So I had a relaxing weekend not doing much apart from the gym on Friday evening, then my PT session on Saturday. My husband bet me £100 I couldn't lose 1stone by Xmas to motivate me so my personal trainer has promised to help by focusing more on cardio to drop the weight. I'm hoping the Paul McKenna book might help too.
    carpe diem :cool:

[STRIKE]Santander OD- £0/£870[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Mint cc - £0/£6500[/STRIKE]
    [FONT=&quot]HOF cc - £640/£750 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]A&L Loan - £2497/£7500[/FONT]
  • Cherryprint
    Options
    Evening all!

Yesterday I was updating on my mini goals saying it looks like work might be getting better...ha!! What a fool I am. Today was horrific. I feel like I've been through a battlefield and I just don't have the energy to do this any more and I need to stop putting so much faith in people. It's not going to change. Please remind me of this next week when I tell you it's all going to be okay :o

PP - haven't signed up officially...will let you know when I do. Definitely doing it though because I LOVE it!

bratz81 - having success so far. Good luck with it! :D
    Not buying any more 1.)books 2.)toiletries, esp. LUSH! 3.)stationery, unless absolutely necessary!
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Options
    Runs panting into the room......I'm back!!

Flipping BT - no landline or broadband since Thursday:mad:
    Apparently its all working again now - isn't it annoying when you can't actually talk to anyone? Its all recorded messages and automated responses, double:mad:!!!
    I've missed you all and have just had a speed read through your news - loads of fab events - babies, weightloss, financial -- the list goes on.... a big congrats to all! Sorry I don't have the time to reply to everyone - but I'm chuffed to bits for you all!:beer:

My news...... had a windfall, a cheque for £550 from the inland revenue for overpaid tax. Completely unexpected and well needed. I've promptly spent £100 on a few new tops and a smart pair of jeans - all in size 10 and even one 8! Hurrah! The bad news is that I celebrated by scoffing cake, wine and sweeties - hmmmmm. Back on the wagon today though.

Have made a hair appointment for Saturday - colour and cut, will make me look loads better.

Its the last week of this half term - its been a long old one this time. Looking forward to a bit of a break next week although I'm working Mon and Tues mornings doing revision (extra pay though).

Right off for a nice bath and a flop on the sofa watching the soaps.
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone

Glad to see you back WW - I was beginning to wonder if you were ok. Great news about the tax rebate. :D

And a nice big welcome back to Bratz too. Glad you enjoyed your big day. Any piccies???:D

Well done on the weight loss evilsquid. Gawd I need to lose some weight, I'm huffing and puffing these days. And constantly tired - I'm really not helping myself. And my back is killing me............

Enough of that, no moaning now.

Not much happening here - managed to go to Choir last night. I always enjoy myself when I do go out I just need to make more of an effort.

I was explaining to a friend last night. When My OH became ill it was if we had suddenly entered a strange alternative reality in which we were completely cut off from the outside world. All that medical stuff just completely took over.

We entered a strange twi-light world of long hospital stays, rehabiltation units, hospital visits & treatments, drug trials and latterly the world of Adult Social Services, home care and nursing homes.

It's been a strange unsettling journey and in many ways even though he is now in a nursing home I'm still very much a part of that world.

It sounds dreadful but I really would like to be free of it all, but obviously I still have to be there for him and of course now for my parents as they start the whole ghastly process.

For me I now need to get fully well and once more engage with my old life. I want to live a more "ordinary' everyday existence not one dominated by illness.

Soon enough it will be my turn to be ill or vulnerable and I'm in no hurry to get there just yet - so for now the focus is on getting myself and my finances fit and healthy - before it's too late.

The legacy was a good start, now I just need to wait until the house is sold and then I can move on and make a fresh start.

In the meantime I need to get my act together so ladies please kick me up the proverbial when I slip.

I just need to get my back sorted...............Physio booked for Thursday and am thinking about acupuncture.

My skin is really sore and itchy - the rose oil is not really working so will have to go into town tomorrow and hit the Clinique counter. Needs must.

Today I'm off to have lunch with OH and then hopefully a little potter in the garden, weather and back permitting.

Ooops - a bit of a me, me, me post today. Sorry.

Have a good day everyone.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Gosh thankyou all so much for the vote of confidence.
    I dont look quite so good today!.
    I have had another spasm of pain, sciatica etc.
    I am also at a complete loss, in a strange kind of way.
    I am lucky that I have been found to have been misdiagnosed with cervical spondylosis for the past 5 years!. So my spine is actually not the problem after all.
    However this opend up the question as to what the hell has it been/is it. As I am still in all the same pains.
    Talking to the latest doctor who is helping me, it appears that the trauma's in my life seem to have been the start of the pains, and that it is something called "Chronic Pain Syndrome".
    So although I am definitely in pain, there is no actual physical reason why!! So my body has manifested itself in Pain, through probably the enormous stress levels that I have had to deal with for the last ummm 24 years or so. Especially the last 6.
    Anyway, all that I can do, is keep on improving, carry on with the pain killers, reduce the anti inflamatories and such, and stop them. Try and ween myself off of some of the stronger pain killers as my situation hopefully improves.
    Changing my life style, reducing the stress etc may help. However they do not know exactly and apparantly there is no quick fix, and that I have to "carry on regardless".
    So I am still volunteering at the shop, and will do my bit as I can. I will continue to increase the distance that I can walk, and will continue to "fab" myself, as much as possible.

I hope that my body will repair itself seeing as it has made itself ill.!!!! I dont understand it. But then the doctors dont seem to either. So I am very confused at the moment. One problem resolved, but another opened up so to speak.
    Least I know that even if I am in pain, using my arm is not going to damage it!. (Just hurt!!!).

I have not been on the computer since Thursday, so I have only managed to have a quick read.
    So glad that your legacy has come in for you LL.
    Congrats on becoming a Granny. etc.

Hope that those who are loosing weight carry on. Those of you who are struggling, have a burst of enthusiasm to carry on again.

If at first you dont succeed, try, try and try again...

Hugs to those who need it.
    Mooloo
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure