Cheery's buttling diary: tea in one hand, plant pot in the other, running shoes on

Options

Comments

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks TDQ :D we are most excited :j :j

Many questions though. Do we varnish the living room floor? Weve got a new front door but the fitter isn't coming til after the pictures - our house is a corner though so will it matter if we just have a picture of the other side while we've still got the crappy door?? Is it done to bribe the neighbours to NOT have a band rehearsal while we're doing viewings?? :eek:

So. Much. Tidying. So much DIY not done :eek: Personally I'm relieved were nearly at the end of the DIY even if its not *finished* but now there's a whole new set of things to worry about - not least will someone jump in and steal our house before we sell :eek:

Trying to just deal with this one day at a time....
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    That's great news cheery hope you manage to sell yours. I wouldn't worry too much on the diy, you'd be surprised what people do and don't notice when they come round. I'd say if it's clean, the loo seat is down and there is a nice aroma (cheap bunch of flowers or a diffuser) goes a long way. Assuming no mass heavy metal show next door of course :rotfl:

Keep us posted. Purps.
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Greying_Pilgrim Posts: 5,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Whoop to the new house news Cheery :j:T
    I'm getting more and more tempted towards the UFJ idea albeit I'd be a late starter and I'm a bit concerned about this not being a great time of year to do it for me - but then again maybe I could do it for household type things and not personal? That might work? Might just make me focus a bit more again...

EH - I'm taking it that I'm only, in fact challenging 'myself' (albeit with an exchange of ideas with 17,000 other folk........ :D), therefore what my challenge 'looks like', 'includes' or 'achieves' is actually down to me. No 2 challengers are going to have the same financial situations, goals or life circumstances, at the time of the challenge, or anytime thereafter. If it helps sharpen focus in even one small area, then I say go for it. If it won't add anything to your already Jedi-like financial acumen, then it's not worth diverting brain cells too. I'm valuing being made to think about things - and have come up with some 'left-field' stuff as a result, so it's working like that for me. HTH :D

Soz for the thread take-over Cheery :o

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £8/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £214.28/215
    Non-food household spend April £29.23/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Not remotely a takeover Greying and it's lovely to see you here :D and I quite agree with you! :j :j

So. Ive sorted us a solicitor (recommended by a friend) and have let the seller's estate agent know - she seemed quite surprised as they don't normally need that til were actually ready apparently :o but I figured it wouldn't hurt to remind them that we are still here and very keen and please-don't-sell-to-someone-else-before-we-sell-ours :o :eek:

So. 24 hours to photos. Right now I have NO idea how well get there but they're coming anyway so we'd best just get on :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Good grief. I don't actually know how we managed that but we did. Just about anyway - noticed the bath was full of paint when first guy was here :o :rotfl: But photographer is here now so it's too late to do anything else :eek:

Shoved SO much stuff in cupboards though :eek: and still quite a lot of messing before people actually come to view so it's not over yet :eek:

But this still feels like a triumph just getting this far! :j :j :j :j
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    We have had our photos and chosen the ones we want, made small changes to the brochure, and are going live 'early afternoon' today *drums fingers impatiently*

House looks like a show home in the pictures :eek: :j sadly I've already ruined the bedroom in a bid to stop any prospective buyers from being drowned in an avalanche of clothes if they dare to peep inside the built in wardrobes :eek: :o :rotfl:

*goes back to waiting impatiently for phone call*
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done! Making the house look nice in the photos is a big deal - my last house was bought from me as a doer-upper, but they still wanted it liveable, and the photos demonstrate that :) and you've done such a lot of work on the house itself, anyway.

Now you have to go back to decluttering :eek: if the clothes are falling out of the cupboards, sorry! Best of luck :j
    Save
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Thanks :) It's not going too badly - trying to pack away some bulky winter stuff while I'm at it (right now it"s boiling hot and I can't imagine wearing a jumper ever again but I suppose I should face the fact that things may drag on and we may still be here in the winter :eek:) Going to try not to think about that :eek:

Still not on the market - aarrgghh! Going to pop in with the spare key in a bit and see if there's anything else I can do to speed up, not sure what the delay is! :eek:

I know a couple of hours doesn't really make a difference but I want to be able to ring our seller's estate agent today and tell her we're on the market :eek:
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Well. We are now on the market :j and have SEVEN viewings booked for today, another THREE later this week, and at least 6 more people the agents were trying to arrange times with :eek: :j :j

I've ended up doing today's viewings myself which is not ideal but there we are. Am quietly terrified :o :eek:

Mr Cheery stayed up proper late although he must have gone to bed st some point as all was quiet when i woke at 4.30 (in the spare room - we decided I needed a decent kip although i confess i still do NOT feel on top wide awake form!)

Hey ho. Best rouse myself. No idea what he did or didn't get finished last night but I'm going to need to dust and hoover throughout if nothing else!
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Greying_Pilgrim Posts: 5,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well. We are now on the market :j and have SEVEN viewings booked for today, another THREE later this week, and at least 6 more people the agents were trying to arrange times with :eek: :j :j

WHOOP! :j:j:j That is sooooo much interest, so quickly - Bravo!

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £8/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £214.28/215
    Non-food household spend April £29.23/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure