Plusnet

Options

Comments

• denwyn
    denwyn Posts: 193 Forumite
    Options
    Nightmare, took the deal as already use there fibre internet. It's taken almost 20 hours now to port my number over, conflicting answers as to delay. Gave up a just cancelled under 15 day cooling off period. Absolute smambles, poor communication. Just joined Talkmobile on very similar deal for £10 a month 30 day contract. Shame as Plusnet broadband is very good, been with them for years.
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Life and plusnet use the EE network (one of the largest) but not great for you. Try Tesco or giffgaff assuming the phone is unlocked.

Most porting occurs in a day, so I think that was a little foolish and risky to cancel it. If you are luckly enough to have a spare phone simply stick the other sim in your spare phone for a day.
  • MoneyMate
    MoneyMate Posts: 3,225 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    AndyPK wrote: »
    Life and plusnet use the EE network (one of the largest) but not great for you. Try Tesco or giffgaff assuming the phone is unlocked.

Most porting occurs in a day, so I think that was a little foolish and risky to cancel it. If you are luckly enough to have a spare phone simply stick the other sim in your spare phone for a day.

Yes waiting 20 Hrs is nothing in porting time, especially if it's Friday you start, could then be Monday or Tuesday B4 completed :beer:
    There are more questions than answers :shhh: :silenced:
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times :o
    :)
    :A UK Resident :A
  • denwyn
    denwyn Posts: 193 Forumite
    Options
    MoneyMate wrote: »
    Yes waiting 20 Hrs is nothing in porting time, especially if it's Friday you start, could then be Monday or Tuesday B4 completed :beer:

Ported to Tesco about 3 years back from Giff gaff, from when the port actually started took about 4 hours max. It wasn't a Friday Plusnet started it, was yesterday ( Tuesday ). So after so long I would have expected it done. I was more annoyed as to lack of information, email promised with updates, one received 9am today to say it was ongoing,that's not good enough, plus the fact it took them over two days to activate the card from receiving it. So for me I lost all faith in the customer service, and cancelled it, still waiting for confirmation it's cancelled,Just looked at mobile, still not done, signal keeps dropping, can't receive calls. There broadband is excellent,no doubt they will eventually get the mobile side sorted.Just not prepared to risk staying with the mobile side.
  • TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,055 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    denwyn wrote: »
    Just joined Talkmobile on very similar deal for £10 a month 30 day contract.
    Only problem with Talkmobile is that they don't offer 4G at the moment.

My port from ID to Plusnet happened today and went smoothly.
  • Katgrit
    Katgrit Posts: 555 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Supatramp wrote: »
    Virgin allows short codes.

Yes I know. I'm with Virgin. I moved to Virgin from The Peoples Operator, who do not. I was asking if Plusnet do.

I'm also asking if Plusnet allow call forwarding. Virgin do not. The Peoples Operator do, but I have now moved away from them.

I'm hoping to find a provider on EE who provides ability for both short code texting AND call forwarding. I was hoping that might be Plusnet.
  • insertwittyname_2
    Options
    Hi,

The £10 sim only offer looks good value, but it is coming to an end in a few days. It is a rolling monthly contract, so does that mean that when it renews next month it will be at the usual £15?

Cheers.
  • camcroft
    camcroft Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 9 December 2016 at 11:19AM
    Options
    Result. Now that I am staying with EE I now get 7 GB Data unlimited calls and texts. 4 GB Data and calls and texts within Europe all included for £9.99 a month . So it does pay to shop around and sometimes give your provider a nudge. This deal is not available to anyone so if you are a sim only customer on EE its worth calling them and saying that you are thinking of leaving them.
  • cookie365
    cookie365 Posts: 1,809 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

The £10 sim only offer looks good value, but it is coming to an end in a few days. It is a rolling monthly contract, so does that mean that when it renews next month it will be at the usual £15?

Cheers.
    How do you know that? Plusnet told me it would be open until Jan 4th.
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I would expect it to be the discounted price for at least 1 year.

May go up a little with the RPI.

Plusnet are also offering double data on the medium packages.

and deals if you have home broadband with them
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport