The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,042 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    The knickers were three for two though.:money: (should I put a photo of Martin after a comment about knickers:rotfl:).

:rotfl: Hope the cleaning has gone okay. Necessary evil I suppose - and it IS nice for the first five minutes after it's all done. :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :rotfl: Hope the cleaning has gone okay. Necessary evil I suppose - and it IS nice for the first five minutes after it's all done. :)

Or until DS comes home. I swear things just fall onto the floor as he walks through.:rotfl::eek:

DIA, thank you for the streamer tips. Squirting out the excess water helped so much. I have also relieved my brother of some of his old socks. ;)

I started on the qrouting between the quay tiles and used the little brush thing along the edges next to the skirting board. Oh my the difference.:j I still have loads to do but aim to finish all the floor grouting by Friday night. I could do with not going to work today so I can finish it.

I've said it before but dust is my nemesis. I really need to break out the vacuum cleaner more regularly. I did vac before steaming the grouting, but still ended up with little balls all over the place. Once the house is dust free its going to look so better. Of course continuing with the big declutter will help with the clean too.

Anyway, I need to start getting DS ready for school and me for work. :o Have a great day. P x
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Hello folks.

I'm back after two days where any spare times has been used to steam the bathroom/kitchen/lobby grouting between the quarry tiles. I didn't think I would ever love my steamer but I do now.:rotfl: You would never believe the filth coming from them but I'm also learning to love the floor again. :) I have had to order new round heads which arrived today which held me up a little but I'm back at it now. I've also been to scrub mums floor.

It's nice so see the changes and see that with some focus noticeable changes can be achieved. I've even been doing Half an house steaming before work each morning. :eek: What's wrong with me. actually I may go and do a bit more in a while.

I've also been looking at my health which is slowly getting worse. I'm aiming to improve one thing a week. I have to lose three stone and feel I'm now starting to turn things around and feel like I could actually achieve something with my weight. I'm also going to give up alchohol after this weekend. I hardly drink, just the odd real ale, but I don't particularly miss it if I dont ....and beer has lots of calories.

Business wise I have a few jobs to do but really need to start focusing more to start bringing in a bit more money.

All of this would be helped if I could concentrate more amnd stop drifting off and daydreaming about stuff I shouldn't.

Have a fab weekend everyone x

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,042 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    This steaming business sounds addictive! I expect it also burns off a few calories (maybe more than a few).

I would get a whole lot more done if I didn't have a computer... or maybe not because then I'd read books. :) Daydreaming isn't necessarily a bad thing. If for instance you created a journal of daydreams, could that help you to focus on ways to work towards the ones you want to come true? (I will just point out certain film stars are already taken and lottery winds remain rather random).
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    It's great you are enjoying the steamer. Once you start it's hard to stop as the difference is makes is so dramatic isn't it.

You are doing just great :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    You've just prompted me to ask a friend for the return of my steamer.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • parsniphead
    Options
    This steaming business sounds addictive! I expect it also burns off a few calories (maybe more than a few).

I would get a whole lot more done if I didn't have a computer... or maybe not because then I'd read books. :) Daydreaming isn't necessarily a bad thing. If for instance you created a journal of daydreams, could that help you to focus on ways to work towards the ones you want to come true? (I will just point out certain film stars are already taken and lottery winds remain rather random).

:rotfl: You're so funny. I don't do the lottery and not bothered by film stars. Well actually I've always had a soft spot for Jimmy Stewart. What a steamboat. I would have spent a merry Christmas in Bedford Falls with him.;)
    It's great you are enjoying the steamer. Once you start it's hard to stop as the difference is makes is so dramatic isn't it.

You are doing just great :)

Very addictive DIA. I'm off today as D'S was vomiting in the night.:eek: Perhaps I will complete it later.
    You've just prompted me to ask a friend for the return of my steamer.

Mmm. I have friends like that.;)

• abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Hope your son is feeling better xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Much better thank you Abba. It's always amazing how far one small child can spread one vomit.

It's been a work day today so not much done. I'm off tomorrow and once DS has been dropped off I'm going to do the fortnightly shop. If it's dry I also have a load of stuff for the tip. Of course the steaming goes on. I'm amazed how much difference it's really beginning to make. I'm not trying to stress out about the house, just trying to plod on with it really.

I would like to have some me sewing time tomorrow but that depends on what else I can get done tonight and in the morning. I desperately need some new clothes if I'm to rid myself of the dreaded jeggings.

Nothing else of interest really apart from my ditzy, head in the clouds rubbish which drives me mad but keeps me sane.

Oh eyeliner. I need new eyeliner. It's the one thing I really won't be without.

Right MORE steaming and more water guzzling. Summer 2018 I will be hot stuff.:rotfl:

• parsniphead
    Options
    Today didn't quite go as planned. I did the shopping first thing after taking DS to school then started the big cleaning/throwing out day. Just as I got going mum asked me to take her to get a new matress so an hour and a half lost along with my mojo when I get back. I thought I could do it next Wednesday instead but I have an eye test. :eek: Cue a huge bill.

Tomorrow is work so I will try to do as much before and after.

I have been focussing on my health for the past few days and have been a bit more thoughtful while shopping rather than just throwing in the usual stuff. Cooking is something I really, really struggle with. Actually it's probably the thing I find the most difficult. I'm trying to think about my health a little more holistically. Im an older mum and want to be around as long as possible so I have decided to cut out as much meat as possible and eat as much whole food/whole plant food as possible. Any suggestions will be welcomed.

I currently weight 11st 10lbs so need to lose about three stones to bring me into a healthy weight range. I'm a shorty. I just want to begin to feel healthier so some exercise wouldn't go amiss. Perhaps I will break out the Jillian Micheal DVD. Mind you everytime I have done that in the past I ended up pregnant.

Right a glass of water is calling. Have a good night.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure