PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

My home is a mess

Options

Comments

• kittywight
    Options
    phew thank god for that ... it mustve just been a site glitch :)

hope everyone is well

ive done a sink of dishes, still got so many dishes left to do

why is there always dishes???
  • helen_jelly
    helen_jelly Posts: 2,982 Forumite
    Options
    Kitty - I've done dishes twice today

Just cooked a chocolate cake yum yum

Helen x
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • laurel7172
    laurel7172 Posts: 2,071 Forumite
    Options
    Well-that's it.

Second coat on the stairs/landing.

This is me knocked down with a feather
    >:rotfl:

Now all there is to do is....um...paint every other surface in the house.

The house is a tip, but not in a terminal way. A couple of hours' work should put it back...at least to the state it was before I started painting. As for the rest...we'll get there. We've already come quite a way. :)
    import this
  • laurel7172
    laurel7172 Posts: 2,071 Forumite
    Options
    PS-love the cushion, jps!
    import this
  • bearcub
    bearcub Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    Options
    laurel7172 wrote: »
    This is me knocked down with a feather
    >:rotfl:
    :):)

laurel7172 wrote: »
    The house is a tip, but not in a terminal way. A couple of hours' work should put it back...at least to the state it was before I started painting. As for the rest...we'll get there. We've already come quite a way. :)
    I like the idea of a mess that isn't terminal. What a very balanced way of looking at a situation. :T

There was I, intending to have a very healthy clementine or two, only to have OH ask me if I would like a piece of HM bread pudding. Well, what's a girl supposed to do? :o
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Hi all, just a quick hello really. Have been away for a few days and unfortunately no magic fairy came along and cleaned or tidied while I was away so back to the grindstone.

Have got 2 exchange students staying overnight. Have discovered that being nice and jolly to two people who dont speak great English is very tiring!! They are nice kids though. I have just left OH doing his share of entertaining (ie playing on the xbox) while I sneak off for a bit of MSE time.

Laurel, I feel your pain. Never noticed how grubby the landing is until I started painting DS1s bedroom. We have an old house and it just seems to take forever to get any decorating done.

JPS, the cushion is fab. I would never have the skill or patience for anything like that so I am full of admiration.
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    bearcub wrote: »
    :):)

There was I, intending to have a very healthy clementine or two, only to have OH ask me if I would like a piece of HM bread pudding. Well, what's a girl supposed to do? :o

Pudding. Every time, especially bread and butter. You can eat a clementine any day but how often do you get chance of hm b&b pud? Spoken by the woman who is trying to loose a bit of weight .....
  • kittywight
    Options
    love your cushion jps :)

i was gonna do some baking too, was gonna make fairy cakes (with buttercream icing and wings and edible glitter) but im on a diet ... lol if i cook them ill eat them all haha :)

another sink of dishes done... 2? more to go
  • bearcub
    bearcub Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    Options
    YL, I went for the pud. of course. It would have been churlish not to, really, wouldn't it? :) After he'd taken all the effort to make it, I had to have small piece which, incidentally, has given me heartburn, but I think it was worth it. Rennies for afters, or I won't sleep - and I really can't go another night with no sleep.

Kitty! How you doing? Make some fairy cakes when you have someone else to share them with, not just ds. ;) How come you have so much to wash up, when there's just the two of you? Very boring job. :(
  • lmp0507
    lmp0507 Posts: 329 Forumite
    Options
    Went into crazy domestic goddess mode today and spent 3 hours cleaning the kitchen,
    tommorrow; living room & stairs
    wednesday; bedroom
    thursday; bathroom.
    Must also remember to get my bloody mountain of clothes washed! ;)
    while topping up the messy that will undoubtely build up,
    I find little and often is the best way! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure