PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

My home is a mess

Options

Comments

• helen_jelly
    helen_jelly Posts: 2,982 Forumite
    edited 20 February 2012 at 2:22PM
    Options
    Afternoon everyone

Love and hugs all round - take what you want :]

Well half term is over now and yes the house is disgusting!! The dust bunnies are threatening to move out cos they are getting squeezed by the carp everywhere
    I had big plans for today - tidying and washing - but the flippin washing machine gave its final shudder and collapsed!! I've worked out that the motor is !!!!!!ed!! New one ordered, 8kg wash :]]] Bigger drum means less washing loads to do :] So I'm without a machine till Thurs/Fri heaven only knows how you managed 8 months Cat - I'm struggling with the thought of a few days.
    Its taken all of the morning to sort out a new machine and now I can't be bothered to do owt but I'm going to force myself to go and do something

Hope you are all having a good day

Helen x

ETA Lots of exclamation marks instead of a naughty swear word I wasn't allowed to put - well it wasn't that naughty but MSE obviously didn't like it :]
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • jokeyjo
    jokeyjo Posts: 130 Forumite
    Options
    i have washing in my machine ,in dryer ,on the washing line YAYYYY big bag to go in rubbish bin quick cuppa time then back to the grind ,kids are out for tea so i might even get kitchen sorted out i really could do with joining one of the other threads on here( i think its eat from the freezer/cupboard thread) as im struggling for space to put stuff even though i got rid of a load of stuff just a few weeks ago
  • jpscloud
    jpscloud Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    School starts tomorrow for us so I've got one more day of rest! Finished my patchwork cushion project (note de-messied chair for purposes of photo-taking!!):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/72244775@N06/6909322539/in/photostream/

I think I shall now proceed to do burger all for the rest of the day... bliss!

Hope all my fellow messies are well - good to see you back Helen, did you have a good half term apart from having to replace your WM?
    I believe in the freedom of spinach and the right to arm bears.

Weight loss journey started January 2015
    -32lbs
  • jpscloud
    Options
    double posted, sorry!

-32lbs
  • helen_jelly
    helen_jelly Posts: 2,982 Forumite
    Options
    jps - thats a cracking cushion - well done you and yes we had a really good half term, done something each day [even if it was only to decorate cupcakes] but kiddies really enjoyed it but I'm glad they are back at school cos they were just starting to fight each other!!! Ages 9 and 12 - not a good mix!!

Helen x
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • jpscloud
    Options
    Thanks Helen! I really enjoyed making it, and didn't stress over the mistakes - I think that must be the secret to enjoying this kind of hobby, as mistakes are inevitable when you're a beginner (well they are for me anyway).

I'm looking forward to seeing the kids again at work tomorrow, and we've got light at the end of the tunnel now, spring is around the corner!

-32lbs
  • Cat501
    Cat501 Posts: 1,195 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello Messies - more washing on today! I managed for so long thanks to my mum taking some washing, and also being able to go to DS's dad's, or my friend's, to do some, but that was mainly the kids stuff, I really neglected my own things :) I do need a tumbly drier though, West of Scotland weather being what it is! Very wet today...:(

Went out on Saturday and met up with some of DDs' friends in a club, had a great time but sambucas were only a pound which was fatal!:o Going to watch the girls in my darts team play their last league match of the season tomorrow night. I'm soon going to be in the red again at this rate :(

Going to do a bit of tidying in DS's room soon, make dinner, wash some dishes, and probably put another washing on:D

Hugs all xxx
  • bearcub
    bearcub Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    Options
    That cushion is SO pretty, jps, very effective. :T

Great shame about the WM, helen. We no longer have kids at home, but I think I'd struggle.

Atm, Cat, I'm doing the occasional wash for my mum, as her WM has a leak. Repair man came today, but has to order the part, and is coming back on Friday. You've caught the tumbly drier bug! :rotfl:

Had a really good clear out of card-making materials last night, but still have lots of files and boxes to go through yet. I should be doing some reading, but I had such a lousy night's sleep last night, that I daren't open a book, or my eyes will close. :(
  • kittywight
    Options
    can anyone tell my why HUGE moneysaving expert post is appearing on everyones posts?? is anyone else getting this or am i cracking up??

xx
  • jpscloud
    edited 20 February 2012 at 7:02PM
    Options
    I'm just getting it too as of one minute ago! How strange.

Edit: back to normal now!

-32lbs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family