PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

My home is a mess

Options

Comments

• Adela31
    Adela31 Posts: 393 Forumite
    Options
    I can however say, that for a very cheap sofa the i*ea klippan lasted 7 years of small boys lol!
  • laurel7172
    laurel7172 Posts: 2,071 Forumite
    Options
    First coat..the quick, sloppy one in which I can splash down the coving (actually need to, to cover up the plaster stains) without going *all* the way down and having to be careful...done :D

And, do you know...the amount of extra light now that the ceiling is white is incredible...I can't stop smiling.:) I don't know whether I have SAD, but some extra light definitely improves my day :T
    import this
  • laurel7172
    laurel7172 Posts: 2,071 Forumite
    Options
    It doesn't get easier as they get bigger, Adela :)

One of DS's friends holds national rowing records. And he doesn't sit, he drops.

When I bought a new sofa last year, I was looking for something to take however many stone of solid muscle, dropping from a height of six feet, for at least the next five years.

(But teenager-ising DS's bedroom so they both now drop onto his bed and beanbag instead was a wise investment too ;) )
    import this
  • sonastin
    sonastin Posts: 3,210 Forumite
    Options
    well I managed to get dressed and go to A$da. Bought lots of unecessary "simple" foods to try to tempt OH back to eating later tonight so grocery budget is looking a bit shaky for the rest of the month. They'll get used eventually so I know it will balance out but I was doing so well with the grocery challenge too :(

Really can't decide what to do about dinner tonight and tomorrow now. Put a chicken in the SC this morning. Usually I overdo the veg for Sunday's "roast" so we can have bubble&squeak on Monday night. Twice a month on mondays (including tomorrow) I have to be out not again not long after I get home from work so its a nice quick dinner. But I'm guessing OH won't be having the full works tonight and I can't really be arsed doing it all just for me. But that leaves the question of what to have tomorrow if I don't prep the veg now. And then there's the 4 sausages in the fridge that really need using up and were supposed to be for sausage butties for breakfast...

And in the meantime, there's a really nice loaf of fresh bread which came out of the BM this morning so I keep filling up on that while I try to decide what to do!

Laurel -its amazing what a coat of fresh paint does to a room isn't it. OH has banned me from painting - I get too much everywhere else and not enough on the bits of wall that I'm supposed to paint
    Adela -spent too much time watching chavs walk the streets in their jammies in the late afternoon to ever be convinced to do it myself, regardless of how much the fashionistas tell me I should. I was embarrassed enough about nipping out to the car on xmas morning in my brand-new fleecy jammies!
    Buffy -looks like you managed to tick plenty off your list this weekend, even if its not all done. That's what we call "stretch targets" at work - ain't no hope in heck that they'll be achievable but if we aim for the sky, we might just get further than planned!
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    * is very excited*

I am posting this from my desk.

This is exciting

I haven't sat at my desk since JUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks like a desk too. has pens on it no hamster cage!

(hamster food is still here but hey Rome wasn't built in a day!)

xx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Fruball
    Fruball Posts: 5,739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

I went to wash the school uniforms today (ooops, last minute!) and there was water pi$$ing out of the shed again... Instead of panicking and calling my neighbour (I can't... Its even more messy in here than last time he helped with the burst pipe) I took a deep breath and a torch, braved the waterfall and worked out where the leak was coming from... It was the part of the hose that attaches to the plumbing... remembered I had a spare one (never thought I would need it but obviously hoarded it anyway :D), turned off the water, squeezed into the gap, got soaked and bruised trying to unscrew the damn thing but did it eventually and re-attached the new one :T

Result = working washing machine and no embarrassment having to get neighbour round to step over the mess :D

Really must get this house sorted because it would be hideously embarrassing if I had to get an emergency plumber or similar round. :o
  • bearcub
    bearcub Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    Options
    Well done, Frugal. You see, keeping some surplus items can be beneficial! ;)

Well done, Buffy, too. One step for womankind and all that! :)

Sonastin, isn't it a huge pain when plans go wrong, especially when it involves food? :( Could you perhaps use the sausages alongside the chicken in some way?
  • Fruball
    Fruball Posts: 5,739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bearcub wrote: »
    Well done, Frugal. You see, keeping some surplus items can be beneficial! ;)

Well done, Buffy, too. One step for womankind and all that! :)

Sonastin, isn't it a huge pain when plans go wrong, especially when it involves food? :( Could you perhaps use the sausages alongside the chicken in some way?

I know - and that's what makes it impossible for me to throw things away and de-clutter!!! :rotfl:
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options

[STRIKE]1. put away clothes [/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]
    2. sort out work clothes
    [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]3. empty three remaining plastic boxes[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]
    4. dust and tidy up shelves (- hell this is the messies thread - I will be hoovering the shelves!)
    [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]
    5. clean out three remaining fish tanks (only little tanks) [/STRIKE]

6. mark books and essays.

7. Tackle the conservatory - hopefully this will be at four o clock, whilst watching a DVD

xxxxxx

Ok included in the above

make up, nail varnish, all sorted my shoes sorted, one bag for charity and one bag for the bin! plus I moved the coffee table in to the Shed (.....of Doom)

I am SO HAPPY WITH MY ROOM. It is a miracle.

I have carpet. And a shoe rack thing with actual shoes in it. And dust free shelves (hoovered!) clean fish tanks and cleanish small furries.

I hope every one is relaxing on a Sunday evening

I am sorry I haven't been answering posts much, one thing, I have turned down a free electirs check because I am too ashamed of the state of the house! IT is ridiculous.

love Buffy xxx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Adela31
    Adela31 Posts: 393 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the reminer frugal, better go get the PE uniform out of the wash ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure