The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Glad DS is better! Things are going to be good you are quite right!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • takingcontrolatlast
    Options
    Hi Parsnip

Hows the sewing going? Hows you in general?
  • parsniphead
    Options
    A bit late for me to reply bob, DS is much better. I thought it was never going to go though.

Nice to hear from you taking control. Ive been very up and down lately and dont want my diary to become a miseryfest like tbe last one, so i have been avoiding it. Getting back to normal a little now. I hope things have calmed down for you after your run of bad luck.

Im using phone to reply and its a struggle. Our internet will be swapped over tomorrow so i will be properly back on line. I need to come back as i need to start planning to get myself straight again.

More later. X
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • takingcontrolatlast
    Options
    Hi Parsnip,

It's normal to be up and down when fighting debt and I really hope you have more "ups" - as that's what helps you get through it. Sometimes we just need a break to refocus and then get back on track - and listen - its your diary and if you want to moan then moan - I do on mine - it just helps to get it off your chest so to speak. I feel like I'm in the same boat as you :rotfl:

Its nice that you come back though :j

Nothing's calm in my life Parsnip (Storm has blown ridge tiles off roof) so got to get quote for the repair and yep... i've got no money but we want to sell so it needs repairing.... not had the conversation how yet with DH :eek:

Hope your internet gets sorted - keep your chin up and carry on the good work

:)
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank taking control. Im sad to hear about your roof.:eek: i hate the wind. We just had a fence panel go, but its been blown out no end of times. Should get it sorted really.

Finally we are back on line and the male faces of the house are happier.

Im going to try and list three things im grateful for each day to try and lift this funk i have got into.

1. I have less debt than last month and no access to credit.
    2. I have a home and food.
    3. I'm talented enough and have the opportunity to turn things around if i get on with things.

Im still struggling with my health. Most problems are down to carrying too much weight. Rather than throwing myself in too deep, im going to change things slowly. I have already cut out alcohol, not that i drunk much anyway. Next is no more cheese and more water.

The house is a tip. I always think that the state of my mind reflects in the house. I'm going to get rid of a bag of rubbish/clutter today and start my 30 bags in 30 days again.

Time to get on. X

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • Bobarella
    Options
    The gratitude thing is a really good one I find. It's one of the main things on the NST challenge each month and I always find myself able to think of my 3 even on really bad days.

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks bob.

Ive tried NST but always end up feeling ovetwhelmed. I do like to read though.

Budget planning for march tonight :j

• Bobarella
    Options
    Fair enough. Good luck with your meal planning.

• takingcontrolatlast
    Options
    I think its a good idea to think of 3 positive things each day - the more you keep practising this approach I find your mood does really improve.

I so agree with you about the house and how the state of mind reflects it... when the house is at least tidy then its a small weight off the mind and a tidy house gives pleasure - just wish it wasnt a battle every day to keep it tidy - keep going with the decluttering - you will get there Parsnip :D

Sorry to hear about your health - again like you - one of my challenges - I was admitted about 6 years ago as I was told I'd had a heart attack - I hadnt it was a virus that attacks the heart and normally it can kill - the fact that I didnt smoke they told me probably saved me.

You would think therefore that I would look after my health even more (by not being overweight) but its really not easy so I get the being over weight - small changes at first are definately a positive. One of the most beneficial health changes is that each morning have a bit of lemon in your water - whether it be hot or cold - it "cleans" you internally :eek: Drinking more water is definately one of the best things to do to begin. Having a drink at the weekend is a pleasure and we all deserve a little pleasure fighting this fight!

Crikey I'm rambling on your diary...

Glad the men are happy !!
  • boxofpaws
    Options
    If we have less debt than last month, we really should be proud. We're all in debt because there have been too many months where we have spent more than we have earned. Spending within our means is a huge step change.
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family