PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Kiwi Fruit

Options

Comments

• henhog
    henhog Posts: 2,786 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for these suggestions - I did wonder about cooking them - suppose I could always do an experiement and see what happens! I think it might well be fruit salad as I have plenty of oranges too. At least we won't be getting scurvy! ;)
  • wishingonastar_3
    Options
    they are lovely sliced on top of cheese on toast, its a fav in our house. tastes a bit like pineapple and cheese on a pizza.

hth

woas.
    £2 saver club 30th sept 198 £2 coins = £396(£350 banked)
  • comping_cat
    comping_cat Posts: 24,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Ive sliced them up, and dried them in the oven (about 6 hours, really low heat) and they taste really nice like that!!!!
  • saving-grace
    saving-grace Posts: 284 Forumite
    Options
    This reminded me that I had a couple of kiwi fruit lurking forgotten at the bottom of the fridge, so I've just had one sliced up with HM natural yoghurt, a drizzle of honey and a sprinkling of Jordan's Country Crisp cereal. Lovely.
    Would be pretty served in a glass.
  • Boswell_2
    Boswell_2 Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    I have a lot of kiwis too - I get an organic box delivered once a week and they seem to have been in there every week for the last four or five.

I really like the idea of slicing them and drying them in the oven. Saving-Grace's recipe sounds good too.
    £2 coin savers club £42 (joined 2 May 2006)
    Pre Challenge Grocery Spending av £454.17:eek:
    May Grocery Challenge £345 Total spent £342.19 :j :j :j June Grocery Challenge £300 Total spent £451.81:mad:
    July Grocery Challenge £300 Total spent
  • henhog
    henhog Posts: 2,786 Forumite
    Options
    Boswell - I think you must be an Abel and Cole customer too! ;)
    Such fantastic suggestions - thaks everyone. I made a fruit salad for the kids pudding - kiwi's, oranges and red grapes. They loved it! :j And there is still lots left for OH and me later. A non - fattening pud - brilliant! :A
    I still have some left, so I am going to try them on cheese on toast - it just sounds so weird it has to be tried! :D
  • Boswell_2
    Boswell_2 Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    Yes indeed! I don't like citrus fruits so they are always replaced with Kiwi. I'm going to go to the site now and select "No Kiwis" for this week (and probably next week too).

We don't have a grill at the moment otherwise I think we'd be trying the cheese on toast recipe. They are also nice on crackers with cream cheese.
    £2 coin savers club £42 (joined 2 May 2006)
    Pre Challenge Grocery Spending av £454.17:eek:
    May Grocery Challenge £345 Total spent £342.19 :j :j :j June Grocery Challenge £300 Total spent £451.81:mad:
    July Grocery Challenge £300 Total spent
  • wishingonastar_3
    Options
    henhog wrote:
    I still have some left, so I am going to try them on cheese on toast - it just sounds so weird it has to be tried! :D

its yum (well to us anyways) let me know if you like it!!!
    £2 saver club 30th sept 198 £2 coins = £396(£350 banked)
  • loren83
    loren83 Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What shall I do with them all? Please rescue me or I'll have to eat 10 for pudding!
  • headcovers
    Options
    Do you get organic fruit delivered, as I am swamped with Kiwi fruits from the last three deliveries?

Interested to see the responses you get.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure