What small DFW things will you do this week? Wc 17/10/16

Options

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sorry your son is having tough times Dawn. He is lucky to have a mum like you though. Hope things get better soon.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Morning frugal ones. Dawn glad you had some time with your son yesterday, sorry times are tough, hope they're resolved soon.

DNMS hope you feel better, there is so much going round I felt utterly rubbish for about 4 hours yesterday and my nose was streaming. Hopefully today will be better.

Up early and the rest of the house is still asleep, so chilling and watching some cricket with a :coffee: before the day starts properly. :o

Have already put a second load of washing on cheap, only one left - did 4 yesterday I think :) will put them outside at least to give them a bit of a blow
    Meals from stores- may rustle up a roast dinner, have Yorkshire puds and sliced meat already in freezer
    Meal plan and shopping list didn't do that yesterday
    Finish stripping DD room - moved lots of stuff out and pulled lots off yesterday (girls loved it :D)
    Get ready for back to work/school tomorrow - uniforms, packed lunches etc...
    Eat gifted crumble and cream for pudding ;)
    Make muffins for breakfast so we're not tempted to go out, make make biscuits or cake to freeze whilst I'm there
    Make list of last couple of things I need for christmas presents/stocking fillers, only need 2 or 3 things I think after doing my sort yesterday (all now nicely stashed in loft)
    Post fleabay sale and a couple of other letters
    Go for a run if cold not too bad, may go to the gym though and use my membership
    List a couple more things on fleabay I found whilst sorting out spare room yesterday

Check back later. PF.
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 23 October 2016 at 8:45AM
    Options
    Hi PF clearly we're morning twins! Have been up almost an hour. Was laying in bed awake feeling ghastly so decided was better to get up than just lay there. The house is silent - I love being up before everyone else!

Not surprisingly I got nothing done on my list yesterday. I did make hm pizza using the dough I made on Wednesday, which was enjoyed by oh & dgd :)

today we're going for lunch at a friend's so tonight will be cheese on toast or lo pizza for oh & dgd. I'll have soup.

[STRIKE]Need to do some washing [/STRIKE]if I'm lucky I'll get it on the line for a bit. Will check the weather forecast forecast good will peg it out when finished

[STRIKE]Will finally pick the aubergines and compost the plants[/STRIKE]

would really like to make the comforters (I've been bleating on about them for weeks now :o) and do some knitting. Will have to ask oh to take complete care of madam for a while so I can knit the next section in 1 go without interruptions

Think this afternoon/evening will be board games, books, dolls and possibly a family film

bags/lunches ready for tomorrow

submit meter readings

make tomato sauce and process apples

rejoice! about 30 minutes ago the foggy poorly feeling lifted and I gained some energy & motivation!

got ys puff pastry out of the freezer and will make some cheese & potato pasties later

If I get all of this done it will be a miracle!

Have a lovely day everyone x

Dawn sorry to hear your son is having a hard time, I echo what Bob has said he must be finding solace in your support. And kudos on knocking the takeaway idea on the head :D
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • katy_ann
    katy_ann Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Morning everyone :) I'm an "approach with caution" sort of mood, I've been awake since 3am which is when OH rolled in after his night out, whilst I feel OK at the moment by about 2pm I'll be shattered so best to get everything done I want to this morning! My list for today:

- Check bank accounts
    - Need t buy some new pumps - Shoe Zone online, 2 pairs for £10!
    - Do some competitions
    - Do a load of washing and try and get it outside - I may do this tomorrow though!

I literally think that's all I can manage today! Have a good Sunday all x
    Debt free once - Back again | Current debt: £3002.96 - January 2023 | Currently repaying £50 a month - Estimated DFD Jan 2028 | Make £2023 in 2023 #51 - £33.75/£2023
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    *sidles in*

Hi everyone; the prodigal daughter returns once more...

I just wanted to say thanks to ziggy for PMing me while I was AWOL. I'm sorry for not replying for months but I didn't come onto MSE.

I hope everyone is well :)

So where have I been? I was getting very stressed and overwhelmed in general earlier this year. It was work plus I think it might have been a delayed reaction to all the stuff that happened with OH last summer. I just felt like I couldn't really cope and so I just had to stop posting.

Fast forward to now, I need to be on the waggon. You might remember that I was worried about work d/t financials, well it's bad. Very bad. My job is ok at the moment but several of my colleagues aren't so lucky.

I need to bed down and save some money in case the worst happens.

I'm going to read through the thread, and see what everyone is up to and then post for today

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 23 October 2016 at 1:15PM
    Options
    Ok - today's mission

Good things:
    *B/D from stores. Will have to pick up something for lunch as no food in the house. OH has yet to discover that cupboards do not magically fill themselves! - done. OH to make a lasagne for dinner

*Reconcile account with spreadsheet tonight with OH. He is finally on board with finances :)

*Keep to list when OH takes me shopping at lunch time. not going to buy too much as we're going away soon.- done.

*Keep heating off.

*Have asked OH to make a loaf of bread. Caused some consternation as he struggles to follow the recipe (dyslexia makes it hard to read the difference between TBSP and TSP!)- done.

*Changed SO to savings from £250 to £150 as account returned the £250 payment (only just upped it). May have accidentally exceeded monthly limit. -done

*Keep an eye on ebay sales. List more things!

*Will say NO when OH inevitably suggests going to our favourite cafe later. This will lead to spending and alcohol. Both things that I find hard to cut down on!

*Cancel veg box while we're on holiday -done

Bad things:
    *Will have to bin small piece of mystery meat from freezer as has been defrosted for too long now. Things kept changing before I could cook it.

Will add anything else if I think of it.

clf x
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Hi Carrie, lovely to see you again.

• Bobarella
    Options
    katy_ann wrote: »
    Morning everyone :) I'm an "approach with caution" sort of mood, I've been awake since 3am which is when OH rolled in after his night out, whilst I feel OK at the moment by about 2pm I'll be shattered so best to get everything done I want to this morning! My list for today:

- Check bank accounts
    - Need t buy some new pumps - Shoe Zone online, 2 pairs for £10!
    - Do some competitions
    - Do a load of washing and try and get it outside - I may do this tomorrow though!

I literally think that's all I can manage today! Have a good Sunday all x

Are we allowed to roll our eyes and say "men?":eek:

• carrielovesfanta
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Hi Carrie, lovely to see you again.

Thanks Bob :wave:
  • datlex
    datlex Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ok - today's mission

OH has yet to discover that cupboards do not magically fill themselves!
    This made me smile, I think a lot of men think that stores at home and work automatically re fill
    Paid off the last of my unsecured debts in 2016. Then saved up and bought a property. Current aim is to pay off my mortgage as early as possible. Currently over paying every month. Mortgage due to be paid off in 2036 hoping to get it paid off much earlier. Set up my own bespoke spreadsheet to manage my money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure