I WILL get there!!

Options

Comments

• kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    She was devastated to be honest Bob, her OH tried to reassure her by saying it was fate and they were meant to know but she was having none of it - understandably.

She feels better about it now and is enjoying looking at gender specific clothes etc so hopefully that will keep her going unti D day :)
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I think people fall into 2 camps for sure. My view is that gender doesn't have a huge bearing on having children. I dont get people wanting one or the other. Its a child not a set of defined gender norms. My friend who is expecting no 4 and found out that the new baby is a girl like her other 3 says the amount of 'oh dear' comments she has had is really depressing.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    I completely agree, the biggest wish for me is a healthy baby - at the end of the day what will be will be and there is no changing it - I think my Dad thought he would have preferred a grandson if he had a choice as he is somewhat outnumbered by girls at the moment, but the minute he found out it was a girl he burst into tears and started regaling us with stories from when my sister was tiny and when I was a toddler and how he'd love it do it all again so I know he is absolutely chuffed :)

Still not much to report on the debt busting I'm afraid - ticking over with small payments but nothing major so not changes to the totals and percentages...very frustrating! I need to get back on the ebay wagon sharpish!
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    I forgot to mention earlier that the tumble dryer repair man came and fixed it under a warranty repair so no cost there :j

Unfortunately the car has been a different story. The alternator I found online is the wrong one - I don't understand why it asks you for the reg number of the vehicle only to give you options that won't fit :mad:
    So it turns out the one that is correct for our car is 3 TIMES THE COST of the original :(:(:( so I think we are looking at a total of £410 :eek:

At the moment I don't really know how we will be able to afford it without using a CC. At least I have a 0% BT offer so if we can't pay it off before next month I can transfer it for 0.9%. As it's not a huge amount in the grand scheme of things I am hoping it will be paid off by the end of August.....need to re-jig both my and OHs budget for this to work...wish me luck!
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You've had a lot of stuff that's cleared out your emergency fund lately so it's not that bad you're scratching around for the money. First job returning or reselling the first alternator :) it will work. I would return given they got it wrong! Xxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    Thanks Kitten. I've found a few more bits and pieces to list on ebay to try and reduce the total on the CC as soon as possible....fingers crossed for bids!!
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    My Mom has just text to say they have sent £200 of the owed money to my bank, so I have transferred £170 off the Natwest loan and kept £30 towards the car repair.

I'm now under £500 left to pay on my £13000 Natwest loan :D it's not due to finish until 2019 but will be gone by the end of August at the very latest :D some of it has been balance transferred so it's not paid off as such, but at least I'm not paying 21.9% interest on that!
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You're like me. It's all or nothing with ebay.
    That's amazing news on the loan. Getting your debt down to 0% is massive for reducing it. Even if you just make minimum payments it still goes down. I'm finding saving and only making minimum payments really weird. I don't know how you do it. Plus you need time to adjust to your new budget. More people same money. You'll get there xxxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Keep going Kirsty Life will keep throwing these things at you, and the way you cope is just making you stronger and stronger. Do what you need to do to keep the car on the road - look at how far you've come in such a short space of time.
    Also really pleased to hear that things are on the up with your other half as well. Sounds like you're both on the same page now. I have a bit of resentment starting to simmer again, but I'm so tired that I'm putting it down to that. I'm sure that the fact that you're both willing to work towards it will be really positive for you and I think that's a good thing.
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    Haven't managed to get much ebaying done - I forgot I had a day of baby shopping planned with my pregnant friend and another friend of ours and we had such a lovely day - just what I needed and only spend was £6 on a jacket potato and drink so nice and cheap :D

Annoyed with OH today though. With his parents arriving on Monday we have so much to do around the house so I left a list of 6 things to get done or at least started while I was out (out for 5 hours) and he had only done half of one thing, but had started on things I had specifically asked that he waited to do as they are messy jobs and don't need doing before his parents arrive, so I got home to no tidying done, no washing done, dishwasher still loaded and dishes all over the side, no sweeping done and only the back garden mowed :mad:
    You'd think between the 2 of them they could do one thing I asked for when I'm cooking and washing for the pair of them all week!

I got home and have done two loads of washing, cleaned the kitchen, bathroom, tidied all rooms, put washing away and emptied the kitchen ready for painting tomorrow etc - took me a total of 2 hours so he had more than enough time.....now I'm finally sat down with a glass of prosecco and Law&Order on the TV :)

OH and his best friend have gone out on a stag do tonight so will probably roll in plastered in the early hours, and I struggle to sleep not knowing when they will get home.

Oh well, back to the remaining episodes of Law&Order :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport