PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Knit Your Square To Give Your Share - Part 3

Options

Comments

• shezmit
    shezmit Posts: 781 Forumite
    Options
    This pic shows how the vent bonnets sits on the head

Photo-0106.jpg

this one shows where the ties should be ( i have turned the bonnet inside out so you can see where they are)

Photo-0107.jpg

i hope these pictures will help, its lucky i have a daughter with dolls or the cat would had to wear one,

where the flap is thats where the doctors can get easy access to the baby's head without distrubing the baby and scan the brain
    Knitting for premature babies and babies that are born to soon :T
    TOTAL: 4 SANDS BLANKET, 18 CROCHETED BLANKETS, 4 GOWNS, 2 SLEEPING BAG (PRIVATE REQUEST), 1 BIB, 8 BOOBS, 3 CARDIES, 9 VENTS, 3 KNITTED BLANKETS, 1 PAIR OF BOOTIES, 1 HAT,
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    edited 6 January 2010 at 9:27PM
    Options
    Shezmit I shall await a pic too as I sewed a couple of inches down from the centre of the hat where you finish off and left the back bit open?? Starting to worry now that I've done it wrong & I tend to sew up in a way that means things will never come undone again!

Edited to add: Thank goodness that's how I did it so I can relax now :rotfl: I'll sew the crochet ties on each bonnet now I know where they go too.

Not been on much today or done any knitting as I've been pretty busy with all 4 of the children off school/college again. Hoping that they're all open again tomorrow :T
  • k2tog
    k2tog Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    edited 6 January 2010 at 9:32PM
    Options
    Thanks Shez, that's a great help :beer:. Would like to have seen the cat in one though :rotfl:. Hope it's still OK to leave the buttons as I haven't got any.
    Off to DO something rather than talk about it....:o

Edit to add: Jaqui, go careful with the Vicks - it might make you go la-la :D
  • shezmit
    shezmit Posts: 781 Forumite
    Options
    Like me sunnygirl with 4 kids at home and i am trying to get some knitting done tonight,

By the way everyone

you don't need to do the flap the same colour as the bonnet but its up to you, as i normally do the flaps with my tiny balls of wool and use the big ones for the bonnets

KTOG
    yes thats fine without buttons as i got loads of odd ones i like to use up

Tomorrow i will try and catch the cat and put one on him for the laugh
    Knitting for premature babies and babies that are born to soon :T
    TOTAL: 4 SANDS BLANKET, 18 CROCHETED BLANKETS, 4 GOWNS, 2 SLEEPING BAG (PRIVATE REQUEST), 1 BIB, 8 BOOBS, 3 CARDIES, 9 VENTS, 3 KNITTED BLANKETS, 1 PAIR OF BOOTIES, 1 HAT,
  • JARUS
    JARUS Posts: 125 Forumite
    Options
    Hi This is the first time I have posted. I was browsing on the internet for information on knitting/crocheting for charities. I have so many unfinished knitting projects and balls of wool and I thought 2010 might be my year for using them up/ putting them to good use!!

Sounds like you lot are all busy bees hopefully you can inspire me.

Also have just bought the first editon of the Art of Crochet. Any thoughts do you think it will be worth getting or a very expensive way to learn to crochet?
    :jCross stitch cards completed 2010 -1
    £2 savers club 2012 #174 £16 Jan (saving for Christmas 2012)
    Don't Throw Food Away Challenge 2012 January £9.35/£5 February£8.59/£10 Annual £13.89/£75
    Aim Stash down to 250 items (currently 450 items) UU5/IN1 Jan, UU0/IN1 Feb
    Grocery Challenge £165.55/£290 Feb Annual budget /£3660
  • k2tog
    k2tog Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    edited 6 January 2010 at 9:49PM
    Options
    Hi Jarus - welcome to the thread :hello:
    Have a look at the links in the first post for more info on the charities we knit etc for on here. Re the art of crochet - there is a thread somewhere on here which I will try to find. It does work out quite expensive but is a nice partwork (if it is like the knitting one which I got) but there is always youtube for crochet tutorials.
    I will admit that I haven't finished the throw that was the week by week thing on the knitting one :o.

Link to art of crochet discussion here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1402877&page=11
  • shazrobo
    shazrobo Posts: 3,313 Forumite
    Options
    evening all, managed to knit a baby hat today with the kit i got yesterday from kemps, will do the matching mitts and booties tomorrow.
    jaqui, i started off with sinusitus last week, and now got worst cold i've ever had, hope you dont catch it.
    think i've got a temperature too, dont own a thermometer, but i'm burning hot, and sweaty, yes even this weather lol. thankfully the kids have been quiet well behaved, or should i say they've been quiet, havent been upstairs yet, to see what mess they've made.
    hi jarus, and welcome to the thread,
    hugs all
    shaz x
    enjoy life, we only get one chance at it:)
  • JARUS
    JARUS Posts: 125 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you.

k2tog I like you bought the Artof Knitting and have still to finish the throw. I feel the crochet one is expensive but the throw looks fabulous Can I justify the cost!
    :jCross stitch cards completed 2010 -1
    £2 savers club 2012 #174 £16 Jan (saving for Christmas 2012)
    Don't Throw Food Away Challenge 2012 January £9.35/£5 February£8.59/£10 Annual £13.89/£75
    Aim Stash down to 250 items (currently 450 items) UU5/IN1 Jan, UU0/IN1 Feb
    Grocery Challenge £165.55/£290 Feb Annual budget /£3660
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    edited 7 January 2010 at 12:36AM
    Options
    Re the art of crochet...some sums for you. Its a 120 copy mag and if its a min of £2.99 per copy (I think its 99p for first and 2.99 after that?) then the total cost os a whopping £358.80...imagine how many crochet books, hooks and wool you could get with that!
    Have had a bash at doing round squares but to no avail (looked awful) so have booked a "lesson" with a friend in exchange for me cutting cats nails (my old cats!!). Fergs pressie coming on and as ever got the math wrong - thought it looked a bit long so rechecked and it was 21 cms not inches so had to undo some! Ooops!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• kiraroo
    kiraroo Posts: 144 Forumite
    Options
    i started making a square last night for http://www.knit-a-square.com/index.html I'm crocheting it, in a granny type square with tight stitches. Looking good so far
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure