Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13

Options

Comments

• athensgeorgia
    Options
    I think talking to you lot helps me massively, especially since I know how much some have gone through and still are going through. One of the main things is getting people to understand as not many people know what to say to me in real life. My OH is brilliant but he is not as sad as me, he just is sad because I am sad. My friends just keep saying it will happen and to stop worrying and then change the subject - I feel like I am not allowed to talk about it sometimes, that I am boring them or they are just eyerolling at how dramatic I am being.

I could have written this.
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cats this is what I've found. People can be supportive but never know what to say or how to deal if they haven't experienced it. It's a strange thing. I have a friend who suffered a very early MC but then went on to have a healthy little girl and when she suffered I think I actually said I'm so sorry I'm sure it will happen again. once I felt the pain myself I then understood properly.

Just after a bit of OPK advice, I haven't done another test since I got the smiley face we just did plenty of BD'ing. Now should I do another one or should I of done another one?
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • A0503
    A0503 Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    Hello everyone, I read the thread every day but cut back on posting to try give myself a bit of a mental break. We tried really really hard this month, we followed SMEP and I was so Hopeful. Unfortunately I have either suffered the bad luck of two false positives or a chemical. I had two faint but there positives on two Internet cheapy tests last week however the next day all tests were negative and my period started on Sunday. I didn't let myself get too hopeful but seeing two lines was so exciting and now here I am. I feel fine now, just back to it again but I agree with others about how people respond. I think until you are trying you don't appreciate the emotions you feel. I didn't think I'd still be trying now and 7 months is an absolutely Normal amount of time to be trying. Anyway just felt like I needed to vent, I really hope we see some BFPs soon xx
  • angel11
    angel11 Posts: 411 Forumite
    Options
    A0503 sorry you've had a rubbish time too, hopefully tomorrow is a brighter day for everyone xxx
  • penguingirl
    penguingirl Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    Options
    Not much to say really- just thinking of those of you who are having tough times. Please be compassionate to yourselves and don't feel guilty for your feelings. Would really recommend support those who need it- I work in mental health and it is honestly better to get support earlier. You might not need much, but don't be afraid to use what is available to you.
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    edited 7 September 2016 at 2:32PM
    Options
    Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD25 firebird082 - 7DPO :cool:
    CD27 newthrift - 6DPO :cool:
    "If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD9 angel11 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD12 Li5a - Awaiting ov :o
    CD15 easilydistracted - Awaiting ov :o
    CD15 Milliebob - Awaiting ov :o
    CD16 April87 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD25 ButterflyBabe -Awaiting ov :o
    CD27 Slinky_Selina - Awaiting ov :o
    CD29 athensgeorgia - Awaiting ov :o
    CD53 midget_1907 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD103 freshstart11 - Awaiting ov :o
    "Wine and Chocolate" zone

Those we haven't heard from in a while
    CD63 LottieLou - :cool:

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.

Thread Graduates
    Keekee BFP 21/08/16
    Clarabell1984 BFP 21/7/16
    Cats2012 BFP 9/7/16
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16

VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • firebird082
    Options
    New, I should definitely be in the TWW zone now, assume around 7 days DP(supposed)O since AF is due early/mid next week. Thanks.

Sorry everyone else is having such a rough time. Sending you all hugs and baby dust.
  • april87
    april87 Posts: 353 Forumite
    Options
    Ah sorry to hear that everyone seems to be having a rubbish time. I haven't really been keeping an eye on the board lately as I seem to be coming up with a negative everytime I use one of those little sticks - OPKS. I am so scared that I'm not ovulating, and it is one of my biggest worries, and it seems to be coming true. The OH seems to think it will just take time for my body to get back into a rhythm but its hard when I know my mum and sisters all popped them out with no issues, sheesh my mum would get pregnant tomorrow if she went for it. Its so frustrating, and its so hard to not be affected by it.

Hugs to all, and hope the tide turns soon
  • angel11
    angel11 Posts: 411 Forumite
    Options
    Hey how's everyone doing atm?

I've been using opks last few, all -ve so far. It was around this stage last month that I oved, month before was around cd16, so no idea when to expect it really. I've had a few unexpected pg announcements in the last few days which have rocked me a bit, need to try to get my positivity up.

April I also seem to come from a family where they all get pg very easily (many without even trying at all), it's bloody hard to feel like the only one that can't get pg. Is this your first month using opks? How long is your cycle normally?
  • A0503
    A0503 Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    Hi angel, doing OK thanks, AF is on her way out so only have around 5-7 days before we can try again. I don't know what to do this month I'm half wanting to go full steam ahead with OPKS and SMEP then the other half wants me to go F**k it and just leave it all to chance.

last month was the first month we followed a plan and it did result in a positive test so il likely do the same again his month and hope for the best.

April- how are you currently using the OPKS? X
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure