Disneyland Paris/EuroDisney - Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• blue_monkey_2
    blue_monkey_2 Posts: 11,435 Forumite
    Options
    My kids ony started enjoying it from age 3-3.5 onwards. At that age they don't really get the whole rides/characters thing and (in my opinion having taken a 2 year old but it was DD birthday treat courtasy of Mr T!) he was just stuck in the buggy not doing a great deal as he was not that interested in anything other than eating and sleeping!!

We went in the autumn and I would say my son only just appreciated thw whole thing - we went to Florida for his 3rd but I wish I had waited a little longer and gone to DLP instead. It was very overwhelming and he was just so tired. Save up for a year and take him on your own when you have the money.

HTH.
  • Diamond78
    Diamond78 Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I dont think I will be able to go disney as I have checked many sites and im getting prices over £400 for me and my son.While this may be good, for me it is to high,as Ive never been before I do nt know what price to expect.Had there been another adult then it wouldnt be so bad but its just me and my son, and i really want to take him for his 6th bday.I have given up smoking and saving but dont know if i will manage.Oh well, I might win some dosh in the lottery who knows lol-can only hope and wish.
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    what was there reaction? , my dad wants to take my 2 year old with them to disney andim worried ill miss out on that secial moment but we can afford to go

I would agree with the others, and say 2 is a bit young to gain the best from DLRP

we took our son for the first time when he was 4 ,which was ideal ,as he didnt get too tired / need a buggy and was tall enough to go on lots of rides

I dont think i would bother before he was 3 TBH

HTH
  • tashamarie70
    Options
    thanks for relys so if i let her go with hernanny and grandad do yathink ill miss much or will itbe just as special when we take her another time
  • saucer
    saucer Posts: 417 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello all...first post on here
    We want to go mid-week in the first week of Sept...when the French schools are back. We've been told the park gets quiet around then....what do you think?
    Thanks;)
  • mrsmr2
    mrsmr2 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, we are travelling to DLRP from Saturday 9th Feb for a week.

We are trying to weigh up the cost benefits of the annual passports. So far, we are considering either a set of 4, 4 day hoppers, or to go for the Francilien or Fantasy Annual Passports.

Over the last week we have been trying to get in touch with the annual passport office, and guest services. We haven't been able to get through to the passport office at all, and guest services don't seem to know much information about the passports - and we have had inconsistent information from them.

The key questions we have are:
    1) Is the offer for a free under 7's passport when an adult passport is bought still on?
    2) If so, does this apply to Francilien and Fantasy?
    3) As the Francilien is supposedly for French only, is it easy for us to buy one there or could they reject us?
    4) Guest services say that we need to buy a one day pass first before upgrading to an annual passport. Is this correct or can we buy the passport first? EDIT - have now read an earlier post saying we can get the temporary ticket rather than a one day pass.

Thanks for your help.
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mrsmr2 wrote: »
    Hi, we are travelling to DLRP from Saturday 9th Feb for a week.

We are trying to weigh up the cost benefits of the annual passports. So far, we are considering either a set of 4, 4 day hoppers, or to go for the Francilien or Fantasy Annual Passports.

Over the last week we have been trying to get in touch with the annual passport office, and guest services. We haven't been able to get through to the passport office at all, and guest services don't seem to know much information about the passports - and we have had inconsistent information from them.

1) Is the offer for a free under 7's passport when an adult passport is bought still on?
    3) As the Francilien is supposedly for French only, is it easy for us to buy one there or could they reject us?
    4) Guest services say that we need to buy a one day pass first before upgrading to an annual passport. Is this correct or can we buy the passport first? EDIT - have now read an earlier post saying we can get the temporary ticket rather than a one day pass.

Thanks for your help.

look here for AP info : http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1690534

and for sponsorship : http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1104480
  • mrsmr2
    mrsmr2 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Great, thanks for the link.

Looks like the free under 7's is still on:T
  • nchick
    nchick Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options

Yes here is the actual link http://offres.disneylandparis.fr/passeport-annuel/non-adherents/k7.xhtml

Yes offer applies to all passports.

This restriction no longer applies.... however they brought in a new one a Francilien passport cannot be used on the two days following its initial use, so if you enter the park on a Monday and get the Francilien it will not work on the Tuesday and Wednesday. Dream and Fantasy work every day and don't have this limitation.

Francilien or Fantasy annual passport are not valid on the following days. Dream is valid every day. Blackout days : http://www.dlrpmagic.com/calendar/annual-passport-restrictions/

You can buy the passports at any sales counter, however whether the sales person knows about the buy one get one free offer can be an issue, alternatively head to the right of the park entrance and go for guest services, they know about the offer. You can just buy the passport at full cost and then no need to do buy a single day park ticket, then go to the passport office in the park to change for a plastic proper pass.

You do have the option of sponsorship which is another offer saving 10% off the passport price, if anyone in your party is not going to be part of the buy one get one free offer (the two seperate offers cannot be combined). I think I have a sponsorship form somewhere drop me a PM if you need one.

Also consider maybe purchasing one dream as this will get you a some extra free or bigger discounts if you party will be together .
  • blue_monkey_2
    blue_monkey_2 Posts: 11,435 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I wanted to mention something because Diamond had mentioned it is so expensive. National Express has a family travel card where kids can travel for free. A few years back a mate of mine took her daughter for the day, the bus was from London at 10pm arriving at 9am the next day in DLP, then the coach collected at 8pm from DLP and arrived back in London the next morning. I have done some digging and here is the link to buying a family travel card: http://www.nationalexpress.com/save/family.cfm

It costs £8 for a ticket which enables one child to travel free with one adult or £16 for 2 adults and 2 kids. She told me she was able to use this in Eurolines, so from London to Paris, the highest price is £50, the lowest £37 so it is possible to get the £37 price and £8 for the travelcard so your child goes free and then stay overnight in DLP (booking via their website) to get your admission and breakfast free. I believe you get a bus from Paris coach station to DLP. Kids are still free at the moment so you should be lucky

I checked on travelling on 3rd March to arrive 4th, staying for 4th and 5th and getting home on the 6th and prices would be £119 to stay in the Cheyenne and that includes tickets for both days and accomodation. The coach is £8 for the card and £37 so it is possible to do a 2 day trip that will give you travel from London to Paris and 2 full days in the park for £164. I am not sure how much the cost is for the bus from Paris to DLP though.

I know it is not perfect but if you wanted to take your child and did not have tons of cash to spend then this is another way of doing it. You can also get the other coach into London Victoria so don't forget to add this cost onto the trip.

I hope that helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport