Industrial Workers Office Scamming

Options

Comments

• josie
    josie Posts: 3,106 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've just received a call from the Industrial Workers' Organisation who claimed they had information to say I'd worked in industry in the past - yeah right! When I said I hadn't she asked where I had worked, when I said I didn't want to tell her that, but wanted to know where she got my details from she said it was from the Industrial Workers' Register & then hung up - bull sh*t!! Especially when I'm registered with TPS. It's obviously some accident claim company, probably using the phone book as a previous poster has mentioned. Witheld number, so can't report it, either. Blooming annoying!
  • anonymous432
    Options
    Ccg is the most horrible place to work, yes people do sell cannabis there, many also drink during their dinner. The 'floor walkers' are just relatives of the boss who have no idea what work is, they just flirt with staff or steal peoples claims to pass round the office to people they like to top up their wage.I was insulted many times by managers when i questioned why only good looking girls get offered the job of travelling the country working on the clinics. We are told to put the phone down and basically push people into claiming hense calling back. alot of people also just abuse people on the phone which the bosses do nothing about. it is from a phone book and they have no concerns about anything, even since panarama.
  • Charliegal
    Options
    Just to say that my step father had a call from these people yesterday he is in his 70s. They made reference to DWP and asked for his address and date of birth and previous employment details. They asked if he would attend a medical in Bradford and indicated that he may be able to claim against the government because of the industry he worked in. They said they would send out a letter with the details on but would ring him back the next day. When he told me about this alarm bells rang the DWP wouldn't ring asking for personal details, they already have it. I told him when they rand back to ask them what company it was. When they rang back my mum got the name, above. Not asked for any money yet but l have told both my mum and step dad that the next time they ring to say they weren't interested. Couldn't get a number from 1471 either to ring them back. This isn't good preying on older people who don't realise what is authentic and what is a scam.
  • markbernstein
    Options
    According to Which?, the Central Claims Group has been "named and shamed" by the Information Commissioner’s Office as one of the worst cold call offenders (can't find anything about it on the ICO's own website though).
  • annon5543
    annon5543 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 13 December 2012 at 5:53PM
    Options
    I have to concur completely with Burn132, i left the employment of the "industrial hearing clinic" (aka Central Claims Group) approximately 1 month ago. Everything he said is completely correct.

Appalling abusive "managers" (any real manager would be disgusted by their actions), who do nothing but try to hook up with the pretty girls and walk around bullying staff. The work environment is frankly horrific, every office (be that the slaughterhouse affectionately called the "dungeon" or the cushy smaller rooms) are a hive of insults, aimed at other staff and potential clients. They are rude and abusive to those clients who actually object to being called/handing over details because all you get is a phone, and a few sheets of a4 paper with a surname, partial address and number so they have to fish, that data comes out of no-where, with no identifying marks. Hell, even the payslips are just a4 print-outs from excel.

Managers happily stand around with staff smoking pot (a criminal offense in and of itself), force staff under duress to remain at work without pay until their targets are met...meet those targets and you're entitled to bonus pay (increasing your hourly wage), don't get it and ask a manager? Be prepared to be told to "!!!! off and be grateful", it's a despicable company.

Whether it's constantly lying about their individual names, or the name of the company (something already highlighted by Panorama) it is dishonest and highly immoral. They are exploiting some of the most vulnerable people, the elderly giving them the promise of a financial reward, without mentioning the nice big cut they take....and not even with a smile, usually with a bucketload of insults instead.
  • I have had a few phone calls off this so called "company" - which if they were called Central Claims Group or part of that group then I think they would say they were. Anyway the first 2 phone calls were off an oldish sounding bloke, he asked to speak to a Mr or Mrs Smith (name changed lol) (well you must know which one you want to speak to or are you just hoping you strike lucky that one of them is going to be stupid???), I asked who was calling and got Industrial Workers Office, I then said regarding what? He then went into saying about that they had information that one of the persons had worked in that sort of environment and could claim for any hearing problems, I proceeded to tell him yeah my partner works in that environment but he is only 40 odd, the reply was OH OKAY and he hung up. Another bloke rang in the same week and I hung on them.

This evening I got another phone call this time a lady, she went through hi are you mrs smith, I said no, can I speak to a mr or mrs smith, I said who is calling, so she went into the I am calling from Industrial blah blah so I hung up on her. SHE then rang BACK !!! :silenced: she asked to speak to a mr or mrs smith and I said who is calling, she said Industrial blah blah and I said you just rang before and I hung up on you ... she then went into a big rant on it was not my choice to hang up on her as I was not mr or mrs smith and I should not have hung up on her - I said well mrs smith does not live here and I am mr smith's partner !!! ....... she was extremely rude and if I can find a way of reporting them I will do. They also rang everytime with a WITHHELD number
  • hunnyholly
    hunnyholly Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 3 March 2013 at 8:08PM
    Options
    I have just had a phone call from the industrial workers office too, he had all my husbands details from another place called the industrial hearing clinic. Unfortunately my husband thought this first call was genuine and came from his former work [can I say now he is not daft these people are very clever]My husband cancelled an appointment with them a couple of weeks ago having read some of the posts on here. We are now being pestered by this industrial workers office claiming to know all about him and being sent the details by the company he used to work for. So in order to verify this information I said we would get in touch with my husbands former company and see what was going on!! the answer I got was "When I ring again I will HAVE to talk to your husband" not liking his tone, I said o.k. and promptly got on to this forum to see if I could find out any more.
    As someone said it might not be a scam but we are not going to be forced into an appointment for something we don't want. If my husbands hearing is a problem he will seek help through his own Doctor. Hoping this information will help others who being pestered. By the way the number was witheld, we are on the telephone preference service so these calls can still get through!
  • carmel11
    Options
    Tps won't stop marketing calls.
  • markie4444
    Options
    central claims group changed company name yet again to Central Compensation Office which are based near accrington oswaldwhistle.
    They call say they are Industrial Hearing Clinic asking if anyone has worked in a noisy environment...if so ask questions to check if they fit criteria and offer a free industrial hearing test....if eligible to claim after having test..offered to get the ball rolling to get compensation...it is not a scam but the way they run the whole business is appalling....they recieve a small amount for anyone who turns up at a clinic usually in a local hotel and if any case taken on by a solicitor the company recieves around £650 for each one taken on.
    I think the accrington and bury companies are the same one to be honest.
    They do mislead people on the phone and even send people that are not eligible just to get their targets met...loads of down right lying goes on..
    The management do treat the staff like rubbish often swearing...even when explained that a lot of people called dont fit criteria or never done that kind of work...doesnt matter that is the fault of the staff...no excuse not to reach targets...hence so many bogus cases attend clinic when they shouldnt.
    Many peple have had bad experiences at the so called clinics...treated like cattle and there for hours most of the time.....and if told their case would be taken on.....never in touch with client on a regular basis letting them know of any updates or how things progressing....really bad.
    I think if you feel you may have a case for noise induced hearing loss then get in touch with your own local solicitors who deal in these cases.
    The criteria Industrial hearing clinic looking for are as follows

Must have worked in a noisy environment for at least 3 years
    Must not have had more than 5 or 6 jobs
    Must not have been self employed for more than a third of working life
    Must not have been classed as a sub contractor
    Must not have seen doctor or nhs hospital for hearing test due to hearing problems more than 3 years ago
    Must not have served in armed forces around weaponry for more than 5 years although other areas ok such as mechanics etc and national service generally ok
    Must not have serious conditions such as Stroke dementia cancer etc
    Must not have had any operations on ears
    Must not have tried to claim compensation for hearing loss before
  • John_Pierpoint
    John_Pierpoint Posts: 8,391 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 29 May 2013 at 1:02PM
    Options
    Still at it, ignoring the Telephone Preference Service and the toothless telecommunications watchdog. Brushing off the BBC programme and refusing to take NO as an answer.
    Seem to be operating out of 01617624130.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18600525
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport