PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• TiredTrophy
    Options
    Hi knitwitch
    Please put me down for 10 lbs on the new challenge.
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Binsky … 0/14
    Carmen … 0/13.2
    CathA … 0/4
    CRANKY40 … 0/7
    Dandy-candy … 0/6
    FurryBeastOz … 0/12
    Gresleyrover … 0/5
    Karcher … 0/6
    Knit Witch … 0/10
    MallyGirl … 0/6
    Monnagran … 0/5
    Sa1sysoo … 0/14
    Short_bird … 0/6
    SIRENS … 0/16
    Sue14 … 0/12
    Tessie bear … 0/11
    TiredTrophy … 0/10
    Zafiro1984 … 0/14

0 st 0 lb
    Must use my stash up!
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hello All

Nice fresh start, although I often start a fresh every Monday!
    I will weigh in tomorrow as my sw meeting is after work, am not expecting much as I made the mistake of using my leftover bread to make bread pudding yesterday instead of chucking it out for the birds, that will teach me, when will I learn (apparently 3 large slices later!)
    Still that was last week..

B porridge blueberries
    L couscous with lo chicken, Indian roasted kohlrabi, pineapple
    D butternut squash soup with pasta, spoonful leftover tuna

S banana, orange,yog

Good luck all x
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    We're off to a good start.

Br: boiled egg and crispbread.

Lunch: enormous salad, left over sausage and grated cheese. - banana.

No extras!!! I think that the itching between my shoulder blades must be where my wings are sprouting.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • zafiro1984
    Options
    Not too bad a day

Lunch:- a sort of veggie mess, cooked very slowly over a low heat some tomatoes, peppers, chilies, part of a leek, a bit of kale, mushrooms, and herbs in coconut oil - pear
    Dinner:- shared a rib eye steak with DH, mushrooms, carrots, cabbage, B sprouts, chestnuts, the rest of the leek, and a rasher of bacon - slow cooked apple and blackberry with a bit of greek yogurt - 20 gm dark chocolate. Plenty of water.
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,764 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yesterday was ok. Breakfast was brioche for me, croissants for the house troll (12 year old son - he was the house elf until he turned 11 and he's still very good but the state of his cave/bedroom means he's been renamed). HT took a packed lunch to school, I didn't bother with lunch due to timing issues with antibiotics from the hospital. I did however finish 6 squares of peanut butter chocolate because I knew I would eat it anyway and I didn't want to mess up a good day another time.

Evening meal was quick and easy (because my leg was sore) but reasonably healthy. Cheesy beans, bacon medallions (bacon without the fatty bit), mushrooms and wholemeal toast.

Stood on the scales this morning - I know you shouldn't weigh more than once a week but I like an incentive to work with and I'm half a pound less so hopefully I can build on that this week.

I fancy curry today but the HT complains that it makes the whole house smell. I might throw it in the slow cooker and see if that helps.
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,626 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all.

I wasn't sure if this WI was the end of the last challenge or the start of the new one but it was STS so it doesn't matter either way.

B: FF yogurt, berries, maple syrup
    L: broccoli salad - I seem to have over catered
    D: steak, lots of veg, sweet potato wedges

40 min brisk dog walk - I watched a program about staying younger longer last week which was emphasizing the need to raise the heart rate rather than just ambling along. I was pressed for time anyway so it seemed like a good plan.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    MallyGirl wrote: »
    Morning all.

I wasn't sure if this WI was the end of the last challenge or the start of the new one but it was STS so it doesn't matter either way.

B: FF yogurt, berries, maple syrup
    L: broccoli salad - I seem to have over catered
    D: steak, lots of veg, sweet potato wedges

40 min brisk dog walk - I watched a program about staying younger longer last week which was emphasizing the need to raise the heart rate rather than just ambling along. I was pressed for time anyway so it seemed like a good plan.

End of the last one Mally :D
    Must use my stash up!
  • Cappella
    Options
    May I join the new challenge please if it's not too late. I need to lose the stone I've just put back on again.
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Cappella wrote: »
    May I join the new challenge please if it's not too late. I need to lose the stone I've just put back on again.

No problem! How do you aim to lose in the 12 weeks?
    Must use my stash up!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport