PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• dandy-candy
    Options
    Lots of rice left over from dinner yesterday so I'm making chicken fried rice tonight with minimal oil.

I had college today which involved standing for 3 hours and I did buckle and get a chocolate bar at the cafe - I honestly needed the sugar!

Going to do some sewing tonight so my hands are kept busy and away from the cupboards.... :p
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Evening All

Sorry to here about ds TT, it's certainly hard out there for those starting out, hope something turns up soon for him x

I went to sw weigh in yesterday and was amazed at a loss of 2.5lb

I'm just hoping it doesn't catch up with me next week. It is my weekend off and I always struggle when the whole family. Are off together. It is our monthly takeaway this Sunday and I am looking forwards to some Fish and chips so need to do some damage control up front, I have bought some ice cream for pud for the df for the weekend as I'm not an ice cream fan and shall not be baking this weekend, although dd is planing some sort of animal shaped sweet bread concoction she's seen on the Internet.
    B porridge, blueberries
    L jacket pot, beans 30g cheese/ pear
    D couscous, chicken, roasted veg
    S Apple possibly a yoghurt?

I'm also planning to finish up some knitting projects as I'm trying to start some Christmas knitting as I've just realised its nearly October!
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Binsky … 0/14
    Cappella … 0/7
    Carmen … 0/13.2
    CathA … 0/4
    CRANKY40 … 0/7
    Dandy-candy … 0/6
    Dumpling … 0/15
    FurryBeastOz … 0/12
    Gresleyrover … 0/5
    Karcher … 0/6
    Knit Witch … 0/10
    MallyGirl … 0/6
    Monnagran … 0/5
    Sa1sysoo … 0/14
    Short_bird … 0/6
    SIRENS … 2.5/16 :):);)
    Sue14 … 0/12
    Tessie bear … 0/13
    TiredTrophy … 0/10
    Zafiro1984 … 0/14

0 st 2.5 lb :):);)
    Must use my stash up!
  • Sa1sysoo
    Options
    Weigh in day today, and it's a maintain for me. :o

Just trying to remind myself it's not a gain.
    OH OD - £100.00/£100.00 Joint OD - £100.00/£100.00StepChange: £10,057.67
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:

I had a heartfelt conversation with my 16 year old daughter last night about weight and portion sizes etc. We sat down together and planned out the next lot of shopping to be delivered today from Tesco. There were a lot more vegetables and fruit added and no junk food made it onto the list apart from a solitary pot of pringles for my lovely hubby to have when he watches a film over the weekend.

I also decided to put our food in serving dishes and let people serve themselves as I always put too much food on everyone's plate. I am seriously overweight, my hubby has a large tum, two of my daughters are of average build and my youngest daughter's weight has rocketed while she has been ill. I feel bad for having been such a poor example but it's not too late to change.

So today my meals look like this:

b - nothing
    l - cheese and onion omelette
    d - tuna salad

This is what I am having but my family will be eating breakfast and I am making them fajitas for tea tonight.

I hope you all have a good day today, take care xx
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,627 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    dumpling wrote: »
    I had a heartfelt conversation with my 16 year old daughter last night about weight and portion sizes etc. We sat down together and planned out the next lot of shopping to be delivered today from Tesco. There were a lot more vegetables and fruit added and no junk food made it onto the list apart from a solitary pot of pringles for my lovely hubby to have when he watches a film over the weekend.

I also decided to put our food in serving dishes and let people serve themselves as I always put too much food on everyone's plate. I am seriously overweight, my hubby has a large tum, two of my daughters are of average build and my youngest daughter's weight has rocketed while she has been ill. I feel bad for having been such a poor example but it's not too late to change.

Raising teenage girls is stressful. I, too, am trying to set a good example to my 15 yo. I first went to WW 6 months after I had her (once I stopped breastfeeding). At that point I was 14st 8 and a size 20. I am 5'10" so I got away with being larger for quite a while but I realised that I had this beautiful daughter and I was limited to shopping in M&S and only buying things with elasticated waists. I was 35 and dressing like a granny. Plus I was horribly unfit.
    I lost 3 stone and kept it off for a number of years but then 2 1/2 years ago I realised I had let things slip. I was still in my ancient size 14 jeans but only because they were stretchy and had been stretched to their max. I was back at 13st 4 when I kicked myself up the backside. This time round I didn't want my DD to always see me 'on a diet' so I started exercising and only talked about healthy eating rather than dieting. Many more veg bulk all our plates now - I tend to serve meat/carbs onto plates and let people help themselves to the veg. I talk about rainbow plates a lot! I am back at 11st 4 and a size 12. I would love to get into the 10s but we'll see.
    DD is a size 10 and about 5'5" at nearly 16. I have no idea what she weighs but she looks healthy and does a fair bit of hockey and fitness suite sessions plus walking 2 1/2 miles round trip to school most days. I think she has a much better idea about nutrition and exercise than I did at her age so I hope that will stay with her when she goes off to uni.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • TiredTrophy
    Options
    STS

Thanks for all the advice.
    He went to appeal and is resitting the whole year.
    I think it's mad....and for me expensive. But let's hope he can do it.

I have eaten too much and had quite a lot of winebox. ...now to get on track and look after myself.
    B. Yog, oats, fresh fig, cinnamon, coffee, beetroot juice
    L. mushroom soup
    D. Pumpkin rissotto, green salad
    E. Once it stops raining, I will cycle to another village 22km away on an errand.
    Hope everyone has a light day!
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,768 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all :) I had a very positive day yesterday - the wound on my leg is finally starting to do what it is supposed to do. I don't want to go into detail because if any of you are squeamish it will put you off your food for the rest of the day (is that a bad thing, lol?) but I'm happier than I have been for a good few days. I also have a day off from the daily hospital dressing thing today :j

I had a toasted cheese muffin (the flat kind not the cake kind) for breakfast yesterday, I had a cake at lunchtime with a friend who needed cheering up (I would usually have my lunch and the cake, but actually the cake on it's own was plenty) and I had beef, mushroom and onion curry (made by me) with brown rice for my evening meal. I'm going to start putting what I eat into MyFitnessPal to keep an eye on my calorie and sugar consumption. Being a PCOS person until the early menopause I tend to have sugar cravings so I need to make sure I'm not overdoing the carbs. I need plenty of vitamin C and protein to help my leg heal.

Dumpling, have you tried MFP? As a diabetic you might find it handy because you can set it to record what you need it to such as carbs, sugar etc and best of all - it's free!

Hope you're all well and happy. TT he had better get his finger out this time round then?
  • dandy-candy
    Options
    TT can he not get a student loan? You don't start paying it back until you're earning over a certain amount.

Slowly reducing the amount I eat but still need to sort out my exercise. I've had a stressful few days trying to get things organised - problems with BT, refurbishing our old house ready to let, husbands cousin died. Others would probably take it in their stride but I suffer from anxiety and this last week has had me having shaking episodes, which result in me reaching for sweet things/biscuits :mad:

Yesterday report:

Lunch : vegetarian hot dog while out
    Dinner: bought aubergine and lentil salad from m&s, pinched a few chips from family tray
    Snack: chocolate digestive (I can't remember if I had 1 or 2!) and a slice of apple tart DH made.

My plan for today is to find a good meditation relaxation video on YouTube to do at home. I'm also thinking about getting a bicycle because TT keeps mentioning cycling, I haven't ridden one for 27 years so I hope it's true that you never forget!
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,627 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all.

B: weetabix, skim, golden syrup (had run out of berries)
    L: fridge dive!
    D: no idea - DD is away so we might go out somewhere or go to the movies.

Although after a hectic week we might just stay in and chill.

40 min dog walk
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure