PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• Cappella
    Options
    It's not a very exciting recipe, and this is a bit vague, hope it's ok. It my go to recipe for any blended vegetable soup and it's quite filling.
    Cauliflour Soup
    Saute a large chopped onion and lots of chopped garlic (if liked) in fry-light until soft. Add a large chopped cauliflour, a vegetable stock cube and just enough water to cover the cauliflour - about a pint but it depends how big the cauliflour is - bring to the boil and simmer until the cauliflour is very soft. Take off the heat and blitz with a stick blender or in a liquidiser. It should make a thickish soup. I like it served with a dessert spoon of low fat creme fraiche or low fat cream. You could use yogurt but I'm not keen with cauliflour. You can also add curry powder and saut! it for a minute with the onions at the beginning if you like spicier things.
    The original recipe called for 2oz of butter, thick double cream and blue cheese :rotfl:but this one works ad is very low in calories.
    Hope this is helpful?
  • dandy-candy
    Options
    TT tell him to sign up with agencies for temp work. My DS met with 3 friends last night all who finished their masters last year and none of them have had a job since. DS by comparison left uni after 2 years (with huge debts too) and has been barely out of work by doing temp jobs. Most last several months at a time and they pay well.
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've starting some knitting in a pale lemon colour......cannot even drink tea for fear of a stain....new weightloss strategy!

B. Fruit, yog, oats
    L. Hopefully salad from the garden with boiled eggs
    D. Either pumpkin or baked potato with cheese..?.
    Beetroot juice......but not when knitting!

I stress eat too. .....try going for a brisk walk round the block quite frequently or go up and down the stairs a few times....if ypu are okay with that. Some very deliberate deep breathing while thinking of deep forest or another favourite place can be helpful for me.
    Our youngest son has failed his exams and will leave uni with a huge debt and no qualifications. He was persuaded to go by the school despite having hated school the whole time he was there from the age of four.
    He is very miserable. He cannot move here as we have no room and he would need to come with a job in his own right....as an adult. We will continue to pay his rent where he is but it is sad that he has no family home to escape back to.....we sold it to pay for the children's universitys!
    I hope he finds something to do quickly.....
    So, yes, stress is back in my life.....straight after the holiday!!

:( sorry to hear about your DS TT - can he resit?
    Must use my stash up!
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Cappella wrote: »
    Knitwich said:

I'm not hoping to lose it all. That would be setting myself up to fail but I'm hoping to lose 7lbs over the 12 weeks - I can always hope:)
    I'll stick to calorie counting because it's worked well for me in the past. I had a heart attack two years ago and lost 3stone 9lbs but I'm an emotional eater and I've really struggled since January to stick to the heart healthy diet (family stress not health related) and I'm only just in the right place to persevere again.
    So it's very low fat, and no sugar and 1400 allowed calories a day but I'll try to stick to 1200 whenever possible.
    Good day yesterday, need to do some menu planning today and make a vat of cauliflour soup for lunch :)

Got you added Cappella and welcome to the challenge and thread :p
    Must use my stash up!
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,768 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you Cappella, I can work with those instructions- it's very similar to how I make courgette soup.
  • tessie_bear
    Options
    sorry to read about your ds i do hope something good happens xx

i am sts great start and sorry knitwitch could you change what i need to shift to 13lb many thanks knit witch
    onwards and upwards
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Artytarty … 0/14
    Carmen … 19.36/22 :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):A
    CathA … 0.4/3 :A
    CloughiesBrewerArmy … 5.5/6 :):):):):);)
    Dandy-candy … 2.2/4 :):):A
    Doveling … +1/9 :(
    Florence J … 3/10 :):):)
    FurryBeastOz … +6/13 :(:(:(:(:(:(
    GDB2222 … 7.74/28.6 :):):):):):):);):A
    Gresleyrover … 6/4 :):):):D:T:T
    Karcher … +2/7 :(:(
    Knit Witch … 1/10 :)
    Lynnejk … 5/8 :):):):):)
    MallyGirl … +2/6 :(:(
    Monnagran … 7/7 :):):):):):):D
    Pinknsparkly … 0/5
    RicardaRacoon … 2/9 :):)
    SezzaF … +2/7 :(:(
    Short_bird … 5.75/10 :):):):):);):A
    SIRENS … 11.5/8 :):):):):):):):D:T:T:T;)
    Tea Lady … 4/14 :):):):)
    Tessie bear … +2/11 :(:(
    TiredTrophy … 0/13
    Weewdy … 16.5/10 :):):):):):):):):):D:T:T:T:T:T:T;)
    Zafiro1984 … 7.75/14 :):):):):):):);):A

6 st 5.7 lb :j:j:j:j:j:j :):):):):);):A

Binsky … 0/14
    Cappella … 0/7
    Carmen … 0/13.2
    CathA … 0/4
    CRANKY40 … 0/7
    Dandy-candy … 0/6
    FurryBeastOz … 0/12
    Gresleyrover … 0/5
    Karcher … 0/6
    Knit Witch … 0/10
    MallyGirl … 0/6
    Monnagran … 0/5
    Sa1sysoo … 0/14
    Short_bird … 0/6
    SIRENS … 0/16
    Sue14 … 0/12
    Tessie bear … 0/13
    TiredTrophy … 0/10
    Zafiro1984 … 0/14

0 st 0 lb

Okay this will be the last post of the previous challenge!
    Must use my stash up!
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good evening everyone :hello:

I have just returned from hospital where I have been severely admonished by my diabetes nurse...not really, she was lovely and very helpful. I feel that she ought to have been cross though as I have managed to put on 8lb in two weeks through stress eating. I have new meds to try and an appointment with a dietician so I would love to join the challenge again please Knitwitch. Can you put me down for 15 lbs so I can lose the 8 I have put on and another half stone to boot.

I am not sure what to make for dinner tonight as I haven't been home for very long. The siren call of the Chinese takeaway is singing in my ear but I must start as I mean to go on. I have all the ingredients for a sausage casserole so that is what I am going to cook. I even have some nice green vegetables to go with it.

Hope you all have had a good day, take care xx
  • TiredTrophy
    Options
    I just ate a slice of apple tart made for me by a neighbour......quite a big piece.

DS failed the resit of a compulsory module....
    I will suggest agency work. ..he's in Manchester so any pointers to a decent agency welcomed.

Good to be able to say something outside the family, thanks.

Has anyone been hearing about the research about sleep and weight gain?
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I just ate a slice of apple tart made for me by a neighbour......quite a big piece.

DS failed the resit of a compulsory module....
    I will suggest agency work. ..he's in Manchester so any pointers to a decent agency welcomed.

Good to be able to say something outside the family, thanks.

Has anyone been hearing about the research about sleep and weight gain?

May sound daft but try the Universities and the Local Education Authority - they often need people for short term contracts (data input at the end of a research thing for instance)
    Must use my stash up!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport