Options

Comments

• Mahsroh
    Mahsroh Posts: 769 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    laurag89 wrote: »
    Hi Mahsroh,

Thats brilliant that you have help with the wedding, really does take a lot of stress away from it! Unfortunately neither sets of parents can help us so we are having to save like mad.

Great idea with your honeymoon, that is exactly what we are going to do - put a nice note in the invites asking for contributions towards that as we already have a house etc.

I will subscribe to yours too will be lovely to see your journey.

Your wedding is this year? How exciting i have to wait until next year for mine but in honesty that is good from a financial perspective x

That's good then - at least you have that extra time to save. We got engaged 18months ago so the wedding has been in pipeline for a long time now. I agree we are very fortunate with help from the parents. Without that I think we would have had a very small wedding, maybe even eloped!

I think the Honeymoon contribution thing is becoming more and more common now. Most couples live together before they get married so don't need things for the house anymore! Are you just going to ask for cash? We booked ours through Trailfinders and they sent us nice little cards to go in with the invites with a nice little message on it. Really nice touch. I believe Virgin Holidays do something similar too.
  • laurag89
    laurag89 Posts: 728 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mahsroh wrote: »
    That's good then - at least you have that extra time to save. We got engaged 18months ago so the wedding has been in pipeline for a long time now. I agree we are very fortunate with help from the parents. Without that I think we would have had a very small wedding, maybe even eloped!

I think the Honeymoon contribution thing is becoming more and more common now. Most couples live together before they get married so don't need things for the house anymore! Are you just going to ask for cash? We booked ours through Trailfinders and they sent us nice little cards to go in with the invites with a nice little message on it. Really nice touch. I believe Virgin Holidays do something similar too.

I think i will have a look with trailfinders or virigin aswell because i think being able to put something with the invites is a lovely idea and being able to pay online also. I want to avoid cash but if we do get any its still useful.

Our wedding has ended up bigger than i imagined so looking about £15,000 without the honeymoon eeeeeek
    Total debt to pay: £14,071.41/ Remaining debt: £12,884.12: Amount Paid: £1,187.29

Survey xmas 2018 savings: £10 / £150
  • Mahsroh
    Mahsroh Posts: 769 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    laurag89 wrote: »
    I think i will have a look with trailfinders or virigin aswell because i think being able to put something with the invites is a lovely idea and being able to pay online also. I want to avoid cash but if we do get any its still useful.

Our wedding has ended up bigger than i imagined so looking about £15,000 without the honeymoon eeeeeek

Trailfinders were brilliant. We went to Virgin first but we weren't overly impressed for a number of reasons, so we arranged an in-branch appointment at Trailfinders and they were absolutely brilliant. We thought they might be a bit more expensive than Virgin, but actually, we worked out that they were marginally cheaper..... but gave us a much better, more personal service.
  • thegreenone
    thegreenone Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ouch, Laurag for the 15k.

My husband's nephew chose honeyfund.co.uk and we were very happy to contribute. You send your guests the login and they can pay for a certain part of your honeymoon. Nephew and wife went to South America and we paid towards a couple of trips they hoped to do. There were lots of options for all budgets. We would've given money anyway but this way we felt we were actually giving them a present.
  • laurag89
    Options
    Ouch, Laurag for the 15k.

My husband's nephew chose honeyfund.co.uk and we were very happy to contribute. You send your guests the login and they can pay for a certain part of your honeymoon. Nephew and wife went to South America and we paid towards a couple of trips they hoped to do. There were lots of options for all budgets. We would've given money anyway but this way we felt we were actually giving them a present.

Its a lot isnt it, but most of that is actually food and drink, we are having the day and night at the same venue so have to do our food through them.

We can save the money without borrowing which is the main thing, but i know its a lot of money.

That sounds really good exactly what im looking for, i will take a look!
    Total debt to pay: £14,071.41/ Remaining debt: £12,884.12: Amount Paid: £1,187.29

• laurag89
    Options
    So today just when i think im on the right track the clutch on my car goes!!

Luckily my lovely fiance is coming to the rescue and is going to sort it out, without it costing me anything. But just another expense we dont need.

My bonus goes in on wednesday but being strict with that and not buying any treats!

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Car troubles are rubbish!!! And always happen at the worst time. What a useful fianc! though!!! Hope it's straight forward to sort out. Xxx
  • laurag89
    Options
    ramblehan wrote: »
    Car troubles are rubbish!!! And always happen at the worst time. What a useful fianc! though!!! Hope it's straight forward to sort out. Xxx

Thank you! I know always an inconvenient time!

Its going to be a lot to fix so he is getting us another car, going to look at one this evening just a run around and he will fix the clutch on mine and then sell it on :)

Im lucky to have him or that would have had to be added to debt!

• laurag89
    Options
    My bonus goes in tomorrow :) £2377 after tax and deductions, im still really unsure what to do with it, still thinking of £2000 to wedding fund and would like to start an emergency fund for times like this

• laurag89
    Options
    £143 paid to very today so that is officially now paid off. Im going to close it down!

Now to move on to the dress credit card I need to check tonight the exact balance so i can track progress.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport