edited 11 September 2017 at 1:14PM in Energy
This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Daligas Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part

• Did you switch go smoothly?
  • Have you had problems since?
  • Is it easy to contact?
The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• Mortuus
    Mortuus Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    So I initiated a switch from edf to daligas, have had an email to confirm everything has gone through and have also submitted a meter reading and had a confirmation email. I guess so far so good, no hassle from them.
    Won:
    Pirates of the Caribbean DVD
    Cookbook
    Fanta Wii Room
    £2.50 Zavvi Voucher
  • Mr_ChriZ
    Options
    Mortuus wrote: »
    So I initiated a switch from edf to daligas, have had an email to confirm everything has gone through and have also submitted a meter reading and had a confirmation email. I guess so far so good, no hassle from them.

How have they been 3 months on?

Thanks
    Chris
  • DragonQ
    DragonQ Posts: 2,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Does anyone here actually use DaliGas? They come up as £50/year cheaper than Ebico for me but I can't find any information on them. It's likely that they wholesale from someone else and thus their prices will rise shortly.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    DragonQ wrote: »
    Does anyone here actually use DaliGas? They come up as £50/year cheaper than Ebico for me but I can't find any information on them. It's likely that they wholesale from someone else and thus their prices will rise shortly.

Unless it's a fixed/capped tariff, then I would expect most suppliers to be increasing their prices by about 10%

(Ebico have already given notice to increasedtheirs since their supplier, SSE, have given notice of increased prices - this increase is already included in the main comparison sites)

But a £50 saving is quite a good one - you would need to be using at least £500 a year of gas even if Daligas were to increase their prices by 10% to be better off with Ebico ... and if you are using £500 a year of gas, I suggest there are probably cheaper suppliers than Ebico out there anyway.
  • DragonQ
    Options
    I actually checked the website and they say their prices are fixed for a year after you join, which seems reasonable.

I am hesitant to switch though as my annual gas usage is only an estimate right now (since I moved in May). I'll have to check the kWh range for which they would be cheapest - if it's a narrow range it's a bit risky. I won't know for sure until I actually turn the heating on I guess!
  • footyguy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 18 October 2013 at 11:36AM
    Options
    Yes, it's a 12 month fixed tariff ... but there are no early exit fees. You can leave anytime without penalty. :)

However, term 8.e of their T&Cs does give them licence to increase prices on 30 days notices because of "Any changes to transportation or distribution charges"

Be aware that an increse in these charges, which are set by the regulator, is one of the 3 reasons British Gas cited for increasing their prices.
  • DragonQ
    Options
    Hmm so a fixed price tariff that doesn't have a fixed price. :(

If there's no price rise within the 12 months, it looks like DaliGas is the cheapest supplier for any usage above 3100 kWh/year (not taking into account dual fuel tariffs).
  • pwl
    pwl Posts: 100 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    footyguy wrote: »
    Yes, it's a 12 month fixed tariff ... but there are no early exit fees. You can leave anytime without penalty. :)

However, term 8.e of their T&Cs does give them licence to increase prices on 30 days notices because of "Any changes to transportation or distribution charges"

Be aware that an increse in these charges, which are set by the regulator, is one of the 3 reasons British Gas cited for increasing their prices.

Perhaps all suppliers have this in the small print?
  • Pagett
    Pagett Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    I am not happy with this supplier. They don't know anything about gas supply it seems and I would suggest they are best avoided.

I looked at them because I saw this thread earlier today. Their prices look very competitive.

So I called them up today, just to see what the Customer Service was like.

You are not put into any hold, and eventually a lady does answer ... it can take a couple of minutes. It doesn't really sound like a supplier or call centre at all. I fear it's someone at home answering calls.

Anyway, having gotten through, I thought I'd ask a question. I asked if Daligas accept customers supplied via an Independent Gas Transporter (IGT) and was informed yes, that was no problem If I can switch to any other supplier, I can switch to Daligas.
    I asked if there was any surcharge for being supplied via an IGT and she assured me absolutely not.

So I thanked her, hung up, and applied online.
    You get an application form to fill in online - it needs information like your MPRN and your bank details. Anyway, all filled in, I send it off.

It then comes back via email to you (or you can also see a copy online). You need to print it, sign it, and send it back.

So I scanned it and sent it back via email (it's an option they say is acceptable)

Then I get a reply refusing my application. Why? Because I am supplied via an IGT! :mad:

So I call them up. I speak to the same lady. I explain I called earlier and I had enquired about IGT's. She said yes, she remembered and that she said it was not going to be an issue.

Well I explained I had applied and got a reply by email refusing to supply because I am supplied via an IGT.

Her response? Well if you have an email saying that, it must be correct as that email comes from head office.

So who the heck is answering their calls??? She certainly knows nothing about the business.

I think I've had a luck escape :)

(Just a bit worried they now have a signed DD mandate and all the info they need to switch me to a supplier not of my choice ... so I'll be watching carefully)
  • footyguy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pwl wrote: »
    Perhaps all suppliers have this in the small print?

Perhaps?
    Perhaps not?

I can't say I've ever seen it before in the small print of the suppliers I've been with.

Have you?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport