MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Options

Comments

• Lifestartsat40
    Options
    Throwing it down with rain here too :( I moved into a new house in October and have done quite a bit of planting to the front - a new hedge has gone in and trees at the bottom of the back garden for privacy, so all this rain is saying the water meter at least :)

April - Yes I will definitely be having the sweeps, funny how I haven't been offered one in my previous pregnancies given that all three were late and two had to be induced - maybe you have to ask for them? The consultant told me that they are great and that it worked for her, but its no good if you have a kind midwife, you need a mean one she said :eek:

Off to have my hair done this morning which should mean its ok until baby is about a month old, so looking forward to that. Also met up with two work colleagues for tea last night and they bought me the most generous gift, a large pale pink type canvas storage tub absolutely full of baby things - nappies, sleeping bag, hooded robe, about 3 outfits, shoes, toiletries - I was really blown away by their generosity
  • arbrighton
    arbrighton Posts: 2,011 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm taking the non-shedding dog to be groomed today, pretty short so hopefully she'll now do until after bean arrival although I always leave her too long anyway. Sod the people (husband, MIL) who like her 'scruffy', they don't brush the matts out and I'm going to have other things to do with my time.

First time the other dog has been left alone since she arrived here though. So that may be 'interesting' and I had best put all shoes away or they'll be in her bed....

Not a bad night's sleep but, with dog timing collection a bit up in the air, have said I won't be going to the meeting as part of the volunteering at the school. So i'll do some reading/ question writing ready for antenatal class tomorrow and midwife on tues (since we're doing my birth preferences, hopefully)
  • penguingirl
    penguingirl Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    Options
    The consultant told me that they are great and that it worked for her, but its no good if you have a kind midwife, you need a mean one she said :eek:

Ha, yes one of the girls in my NCT group was a bit miffed that a student midwife did her sweep as didn't feel it did much at all, whereas another girl had an old-school midwife who got stuck in and said she got her hand right behind baby's head :eek: I'm booked in for one next Wednesday if needed.

Just been out for breakfast with an ex colleague who was on her way home from a night shift, was lovely to have a catch up and pancakes & bacon were so delicious I could eat them again. Have been eating so much the last week or so, I think it's tiredness.
  • snowscreamer
    snowscreamer Posts: 505 Forumite
    Options
    Can someone on a computer repost the lists? I'm losing track with due dates? Is yours this weekend penguingirl? And april87 yours is the end of the month...?

Last full week of work for me next week! Sitting in stool in Pret at the moment with horrid mid-backache on both sides though :( hoping it'll disappear when I'm back in my desk chair in 15 minutes...

Spending the weekend with DH's cousin who has a 4-month-old. Can't believe how much he appears to have changed in the last 3 months going from photos. Must remember when mine arrives to treasure the early days!
    Cleared my credit card debt of £7123.58 in a year using YNAB! Debt free date 04/12/2015.
    Enjoying sending hundreds of pounds a month to savings rather than debt repayment!
  • penguingirl
    penguingirl Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    Options
    Fingers crossed this works (am on my phone)

penguingirl - 20th May
    vanilla - 24th May
    ellesbellesxxx - 31st May (x2)
    april87 - 3rd June
    sweetbabu - 12th June
    firebird082 - 14th June
    Lifestartsat40 - 17th June
    snowscreamer - 21st June
    newthrift - 30th June
    arbrighton - 4th July

When you see this post do your pelvic floor exercises

Hospital Bag List here
    Supplement List and Dosage here

***BIRTH LIST*** - Within the last month or so

Sexymouse - Benjamin Logan - 11th February - 7lb 4oz
    Big5 - Harrison Michael - 16th February - 7lb 12oz
    Cuidadosa - - 18th March - 3lb 7oz; 4lb 5oz - awaiting names
    cats2012 - - Clara Grace - 21st March - 5lb 9oz
    Clarabell1984 - - Corran - 11th April - 7lb

PROBABLY GIVEN BIRTH BUT TOO WORN OUT TO LOG ON TO LIST
    [Allow 2 weeks after EDD before transferring to this list (Max 6 weeks)]

CONTRACTION MASTER TIMER

Please post your birth stories here when you have time/energy

By my reckoning, that means we are definitely due some babies!

Edit: the links haven't copied over, but that is beyond my addled brain on my phone so this is as close as I can get!
  • cats2012
    cats2012 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    Options
    Hey ladies I'm so excited for your baby boom!! If anyone has any last min questions I can help with feel free to PM me. Otherwise good luck to you all, I 100% assure you it is all worth it xx
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby B born March 2017
  • fuzzipeg
    fuzzipeg Posts: 85 Forumite
    Options

1. penguingirl - 20th May :male:
    2. vanilla - 24th May :male:
    3. ellesbellesxxx - 31st May (x2)
    4. april87 - 3rd June :male:
    5. sweetbabu - 12th June
    6. firebird082 - 14th June
    7. Lifestartsat40 - 17th June :female:
    8. snowscreamer - 21st June
    9. newthrift - 30th June
    10. arbrighton - 4th July
    11. fuzzipeg - 5th July

When you see this post do your pelvic floor exercises

Hospital Bag List here
    Supplement List and Dosage here

***BIRTH LIST*** - Within the last month or so

Sexymouse - :male: Benjamin Logan - 11th February - 7lb 4oz
    Big5 - :male: Harrison Michael - 16th February - 7lb 12oz
    Cuidadosa - :male: :male: - 18th March - 3lb 7oz; 4lb 5oz - awaiting names
    cats2012 - :female: - Clara Grace - 21st March - 5lb 9oz
    Clarabell1984 - :male: - Corran - 11th April - 7lb

PROBABLY GIVEN BIRTH BUT TOO WORN OUT TO LOG ON TO LIST
    [Allow 2 weeks after EDD before transferring to this list (Max 6 weeks)]

CONTRACTION MASTER TIMER

Please post your birth stories here when you have time/energy
    MFW 01/01/17 - £123,279.40
    01/09/18 - £97,083.29
  • fuzzipeg
    fuzzipeg Posts: 85 Forumite
    Options
    There you go - with quotes and an addition at the bottom. :)

Seeing the consultant in early June though as expect to be dragged in for an earlier extraction - this one is coming out through the sunroof again - hopefully not under GA this time, but expecting the worst! :D Curse mutant genes...
    MFW 01/01/17 - £123,279.40
    01/09/18 - £97,083.29
  • arbrighton
    arbrighton Posts: 2,011 Forumite
    Options
    Oh Hey Fuzzipeg, I'm finally not last on the list any more. On EDD at least, sounds like you'll be holding your little one rather sooner in reality
  • april87
    april87 Posts: 353 Forumite
    Options
    Ah baby boom indeed. Anything happening with you Penguin?

Oh def Snow they don't stay small for long.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure