Starting again, 1% at a time. 100 ways to make £80!

Options

Comments

• mayforher_2
    mayforher_2 Posts: 214 Forumite
    Options
    i started gutting the house for ebay items yesterday so i am going to finish tonight :) anything i cant sell goes on the car boot which i have been trying to do every weekend for nearly 3 months now! too much rain! xx
    Debt Free by Xmas 2014!
    Lloyds Credit Card - £3418
    Barclaycard Credit Card - £1813
    Lloyds OD #1 - £1650 Lloyds OD #2 - £900 Natwest OD - £500
    Bank of Dad - £500
    Total debt - £8791
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Change bag listed on eBay :j time for a quick tidy and then get snapping for more eBay listings whilst both :eek: kids are napping! X
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    happytails wrote: »
    Well after 2 hours searching for this camera lead I ordered another on amazon for £3.99 with free delivery. Just want this camera shifted and it's going to go for a fair amount more with the complete cable set than without. do you reckon I start on 99p to ensure free listing or put a reserve or bin on it or start at a higher price? They are going for £40-60 ATM so unsure.

Listed an old iPhone sleeve and Samsung phone charger this morning on eBay too.

Dug our old broken laptop out and got it booted up just, going to get husband to wipe it clear and I'm going to stick in on eBay for 99p and see what happens :j

Apart from that, not a very productive morning. The smallest child hasn't had a nap yet so not managed to photo all the kids clothes I wanted to get done and listed, maybe later....

Personally I don't list anything on ebay for less than I'd be happy with-then if it only gets one bid there's no disappointment. I'd rather pay a couple of quid in ebay listing fees than sell something worth £30 for 99p.
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    tattycath wrote: »
    Personally I don't list anything on ebay for less than I'd be happy with-then if it only gets one bid there's no disappointment. I'd rather pay a couple of quid in ebay listing fees than sell something worth £30 for 99p.

True, I don't sell many high value items so think I'll stick it on for £30 and see where it ends up. X
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • nimbo
    nimbo Posts: 3,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    happytails wrote: »
    Well after 2 hours searching for this camera lead I ordered another on amazon for £3.99 with free delivery. Just want this camera shifted and it's going to go for a fair amount more with the complete cable set than without. do you reckon I start on 99p to ensure free listing or put a reserve or bin on it or start at a higher price? They are going for £40-60 ATM so unsure.

Listed an old iPhone sleeve and Samsung phone charger this morning on eBay too.

Dug our old broken laptop out and got it booted up just, going to get husband to wipe it clear and I'm going to stick in on eBay for 99p and see what happens :j

Apart from that, not a very productive morning. The smallest child hasn't had a nap yet so not managed to photo all the kids clothes I wanted to get done and listed, maybe later....

I have this issue also I'm either going to wait for a free listing weekend for the things that I want more for, or I will wait until I have a few sales, and then use the money I have made to pay to list them.... (I did start to list some of them but I would have been gutted of they had only got 99p)...

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
  • liz-paul
    liz-paul Posts: 899 Forumite
    Options
    Had a bit of a knock back on starting work today. Am registering to become a childminder (there aren't enough child care jobs here) and so far it has taken 5 months. Looks like it will now be the end of August before it's sorted (there is a monthly panel meeting that my case has to be approved at and doubt if I'll make the one this week now). Had really wanted to be working in Sept as that will already mean 2 months since my previous job but if my case isn't seen until end Aug I won't be able to advertise or anything until I'm registered/insured etc. so who knows when I'll get clients. Already lost out on 3 families because I couldn't commit to them due to registration process. You can see why so many people do it unofficially....
    Sorry this is a bit off topic, I just needed to rant a bit :(
    1% at a time no. 40. £8000 (For dream family holiday) 94/100
    MFW 2013 no. 62 £10,000/£10,000
    MFW 2014 no 62 £8000/£7000
  • Kitchenbunny
    Kitchenbunny Posts: 2,085 Forumite
    Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have started looking for coins dropped on the street to make up one of my percents. I worked it out. A £10 percent means that every 10p I find is a single percent, so I can work up to it too! A very long-winded way of doing it, but I'm nothing if not innovative :D

Checked my Nectar points and nearly have enough to redeem one of my percents so will put that money away and use the voucher in place of shopping. No REAL percents yet, just still working on them :s

K xx
    Trying for daily wins, and a little security in an insecure world.
  • lesgeo2012
    lesgeo2012 Posts: 110 Forumite
    Options
    Another 1% towards car thanks to ebay!.......................oh and 35p made on one poll lol.................I feel epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Waste not, want not!
    Slow and steady wins the race!
  • Welsh_Girl_Slim
    Options
    Hello all! As you can see, I'm a total newbie to the MSE forums. Been reading them for a while, but Little Miss Uni Debt, your thread has inspired me to sign up!

I will have quite a few goals over the next 12 months I'm sure! I've recently handed in my notice at work as the pressure of working in a very operational and hands on job seems to be entirely at odds with being a mum to a 2 and a 1/2 year old! So I'm looking at ways to save and make money from October!

We had also booked a holiday to Florida in October, before we made the decision to go down to one wage. Whilst we will be able to pay for it, it would be nice to try and raise additional money to help pay off what we have left to pay, so that we have an extra bit of savings when I finish. Does that make sense?!

So I would really like to join this thread! I would like to save £3200 by the end of October, so 1% would be £32.

Thanks again for the inspiration.
  • Welsh_Girl_Slim
    Options
    Also, I was thinking earlier that for those of you who would like to turn your crafting into a business, I have bought things before from notonthehighstreet

They sell things from hundreds of small crafty type businesses, many of which I think have been set up by Mums at their kitchen tables!

Just thought it might be worth mentioning for those who might want to make more from their crafting. I think you have to apply to get accepted, but if you think your crafts are a bit different and at the necessary standard, then it might be worth a shot.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure