Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2017

Options

Comments

• Brats64
    Brats64 Posts: 465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Yep....I've always used my own address followed by 89109.

Had quite a few groupon in the past.Hope to get some nearer our trip in October.
  • traveller
    traveller Posts: 1,506 Forumite
    Options
    http://www.three.co.uk/Support/pay_as_you_go/Phone_tariffs

There are £10, £20, £25 "Add Ons" to choose from.

I'm not sure if SIMs still have to be activated 30 days before Feel At Home is available.

I like this service so much, I changed networks from O2 to 3. Certainly where I live, signal is so much better too :)

Hi, is this because your on a contract, the 30 day thing? I ask as i always load our phones with the Sims just as we're about to go to the airport. I'll be doing the same in a couple of weeks too :)
    :A Your Always in my heart, you never ever will be forgotten-9/9/14:heart2:
  • secretmachines
    Options
    traveller wrote: »
    Hi, is this because your on a contract, the 30 day thing? I ask as i always load our phones with the Sims just as we're about to go to the airport. I'll be doing the same in a couple of weeks too :)

I used to have a Three SIM which I'd use just for holidays, while on O2, and purchase one of the 30 say addons before we went.

But now i don't have to switch them as I'm on a SIM only contract with Three in the UK :)
  • vegasvisitor
    vegasvisitor Posts: 2,295 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hire cars - I was looking them up this week too. 7 days is similar price to 5 days, so looks like we'll just take the car for a week. I did however just got an email from Ryanair advertising a 25% off, so thought I'd do a search to see. Car came out about £40 cheaper...but then I read on. There was an option to pay £40 for an AXA add on to remove the £2500 liability. This was even though it said it had CDW. This makes me think I need to be careful. I doubt I'll use Ryanair anyway but I thought CDW took care of that.
  • secretmachines
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    I use my own address up to the state and then use Nevada 89109. That works for me
    I think that is the only way to purchase from groupon.com, someone else may come along and advise differently though.

I have bought dozens of groupons without any hassle
    Brats64 wrote: »
    Yep....I've always used my own address followed by 89109.

Had quite a few groupon in the past.Hope to get some nearer our trip in October.

i've bought USA groupons before, but i think the system might be better aware now... especially if you have to add a new card, as my last one expired (and the Paypal option doesn't seem to work)
  • kellyt1981
    kellyt1981 Posts: 80 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all.

Can anyone help me with the best way to find flights from Dublin to Las Vegas? I'm based in England but can only find the Dublin flights on third party websites like Opodo. Is there a trick to seeing them on, for instance, the BA website?

I've always flown from Gatwick but I'm looking to trim costs.

Many thanks
  • secretmachines
    secretmachines Posts: 1,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    quick grouponUS update following an online chat with them...

basically you cannot purchase grouponUS offers unless you have a US registered credit card.

this is because you need a credit card registered with your account. to do this you are required to put data into the State/Province section, and the only options are US/Canada states/provinces.

if you try to put all your UK details and a US state, the page will accept it, but when you come to make a purchase, the deal will be rejected (or accepted and immediately refunded).

you can pay by paypal, but you still need a US-registered credit card on your account for purchases to complete.

i HAVE made grouponUS purchases before, but this was apparently due to a system glitch, allowing you to add US address details in your account, but these didn't link to the payment.

so if your grouponUS account has a card registered before this glitch was ironed out, you can probably still make purchases. however when your card expires and you need to add a new one, you will probably encounter the issues above.

!!!!!!!
  • stevie11
    stevie11 Posts: 682 Forumite
    Options
    kellyt1981 wrote: »
    Hi all.

Can anyone help me with the best way to find flights from Dublin to Las Vegas? I'm based in England but can only find the Dublin flights on third party websites like Opodo. Is there a trick to seeing them on, for instance, the BA website?

I've always flown from Gatwick but I'm looking to trim costs.

Many thanks

Check google flights for return Dub-las or if you want to return to your home airport do a multi city search i.e Dub-Las then return Las-Lgw or Las - Lhr. Remember to price out the positioning flight inc luggage.
  • stevie11
    stevie11 Posts: 682 Forumite
    Options
    quick grouponUS update following an online chat with them... snip .........
    That is a shame, similar to yourself I have purchased groupons from north America over time and my card is about to expire.

I will try to update my new card details when required but fear the worse following your info.

Good while it lasted I suppose :(
  • kellyt1981
    kellyt1981 Posts: 80 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Stevie11.

Ok I can see a good prices for the flights on google flights.
    So I just ring up the operator and quote my dates and airports and they'll give me the price I see on google?
    Sorry to seem dim ��
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport