What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always recieve lots
  • darbooka
    darbooka Posts: 489 Forumite
    Options
    ugy101 wrote:
    can i ask what exactly they ask when you ring them up,

thanks

They just ask your business name but you can say it's for personal use if you want. Then they ask your desired size, quanitity and your address.
  • darbooka
    Options
    wileycat wrote:
    Btw people, Royal Mail had launched an investigation into people using these bags for other items other than special delivery. Be warned, the company is not exactly going to send lots of people things for free that you dont use for their services.

As for the purported investigation, and alleged refusal to send items using these bags, how would they know that it's a Royal Mail bag when it's turned inside out? They can't search it without a warrant or suspicion that something inside may be dangerous or illegal or the like, right? Also, the bags are not liscensed by prepayment like a freepost certification; and, when you receive the bag you're never told or given the chance to agree that it shall only be used for special delivery. Royal Mail as a corporate enterprise is taking a calculated commercial risk that when it gives away special delivery bags they will be used for special delivery. The amount of bags that are never used for special delivery - whether they just sit around collecting dust or are used for something else - should fall within that calculated risk. Plus they don't have the worldwide monopoly on silver-gray polybags. When the bag is inside out it looks the same as any silver-gray polybag you might have purchased from a packagings company or otherwise obtained elsewhere. So why would they even assume the packaging is Royal Mail giveway stock, if you pack your item carefully enough?
  • darbooka
    Options
    ...and by the way, if you have an item that is not quite the right size for those bags, you can - especially with the largestA3 size bags - cut them along the seems to open up as one huge flat page and it makes excellent parcel wrapping paper much more durable and water resistant than the typical brown wrapping paper! :beer:
  • Mikeboy_2
    Mikeboy_2 Posts: 324 Forumite
    Options
    shelly wrote:
    Apparently the number has changed now its 08456000690.

Thanks, that worked great :j

But they wanted to know my company name. This wasn't a problem though, but I was under the impression it is for individual orders too ?
  • bettyyates
    Options
    thanks very much for thisinfo, spoken to operator and receiving them tomorrow betty
  • ms01ma_2
    ms01ma_2 Posts: 519 Forumite
    Options
    got 2 packs of each size last time - just ordered 2 packs of a4 1 of a3, no probs gave my name

cant beat a freebie that is of use, especially for ebay etc
  • ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK Posts: 728 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just ordered 1 pack of each size
    Thanks op
    Coming up to my 7th year on this site so I figured I should get me a signature!

I am now a DTD Addict
  • djblamire
    djblamire Posts: 299 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone know if they do these for 'Recorded Delivery' ??

Thanks
    Daniel
  • shelly
    shelly Posts: 6,394 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have no idea if they do these for recorded delivery.I'm sure if you call them they can tell you as you do speak to a person and not a machine.
    I thought for recorded you get a sticker stuck to the item instead of a bag to put it in though? Maybe I'm wrong...I hardly ever send stuff recorded.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure