The Happiness Fund.

Options

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Blooming heck. I can't believe it. My poor plants, balls why didn't I grow them in the greenhouse? I could kick myself. Thanks for letting me know.

I am so chuffed about the payment from TSB!!!! It's made my day.

Now I'm really tempted to switch my M&S as I could do with some money from another switch. I hope I can but am waiting for the interest to be paid on my savings with them first.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Morning gang, no rest for the wicked. Steve and Andy bought me the garden table and chairs this morning and have just left. They left their house at 6am!

Today whilst waiting for the builder I will give the set a coat of garden paint so it is able to cope with this years weather and then see about ordering a cover.

So happy.:D:D
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Wow early start SW !!

I need new garden chairs mine are just cheap plastic but the colour is wearing off (green) and they look really grubby. Someone was throwing 4 green chairs away at the tip yesterday which looked better than mine, however on closer inspection they were splattered with brown paint - possibly fence paint, so I didn't give them a new home
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    edited 22 April 2017 at 5:44PM
    Options
    I washed some whites, got my painting clothes out of sacks.

My builder/handyman came at 10 and we bought some flooring for hallway, feed and weed, and paint & brush for the garden table and chairs. Total spend £108.00 on cc. Then we moved out the last of the furniture in bedroom and covered the bedroom floor ready for plasterer so it doesn't get ruined. I didn't finish this till 2.30.

Then I painted two chairs with the posh paint. I couldn't do any more as they have to dry on the waterproof stuff on the patio floor. After an hours sleep I have just watered in the new lot of feed and weed and hope I have got all the pesky dandelions and clover at the end of the garden.

The weather was glorious. I am officially kernackered. I hope I can do the last two chairs tomorrow if I have any energy after today. The table is v heavy and I will paint that when someone can carry it in and out of garage DPs and the weather is nice.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    You have been busy SW, well done on the painting. There will be lots of nice weather to come so you can paint the remaining chairs and the table another time if its too much tomorrow. I think we are both trying to fit in as much as possible before going back to work on Monday. ;)
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    edited 23 April 2017 at 12:44PM
    Options
    Yes I have painted the two chairs from yesterday and applied done the first coat of two new chairs today. I will leave the table for another day and second coat of today's chairs.

Maybe Tuesday or next weekend. I can't wait to go back to work. Never thought i'd hear myself say that. Plus the plasterer comes tomorrow roll on Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am going to have a nap then pack things for tomorrow and put away washing.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Hope all goes well with the plastering tomorrow SW and good luck for your first day back at work, hope all goes well xx

Living off savings diary
  • savingwannabe
    edited 23 April 2017 at 5:33PM
    Options
    Thank you v much. Am v excited. Just got to iron some clothes. Weather keeps changing. I might have to leave my chairs outside to dry tonight. I hope it doesn't rain.

All is well. Let's hope Monday is a good day.
  • bobobski
    bobobski Posts: 771 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    Religion is such a personal thing and judging another for their faith (whether the contents/lack thereof or the way they practise it) is so anti-Christian it's untrue. I'm agnostic and one of my best friends is Christian - I used to be but lost my faith at around 20. It infuriates me that my close friend, who is so intelligent, is so stupid when it comes to a lot of things (e.g. views towards my gay friends) but at least she doesn't shove it down my throat. Sorry your friend had a holier than thou moment SW :(

What was that TV programme about mortgages? I don't pay a TV licence so I hope it's not BBC, but if it's ITV or one of the others I can watch it one catch up :)

Hooray for your bonus!! That came quickly, no? Well done you - being sensible and using some of it to better your long term financial security and a bit just for you to enjoy :)

Sounds like you had a very busy day yesterday SW, you're really ploughing ahead aren't you!!

Good luck for going back to work - I bet they're as excited to have you back as you are to go back! x
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Hello I just checked it's called 'How to be Mortgage Free' with Sarah Beeny on C4 on Wednesday evenings.

It's ok about my friend i just switch off.

I hope they are excited I am. lol. And payday in 5 days. yay. Hasn't this month gone really fast???
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure