The Happiness Fund.

Options

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 March 2016 at 10:24PM
    Options
    It's a lovely bright day outside but chilly. I am washing some clothes.

I saw an interesting documentary about minimum wages in the USA which are really low. I thought my salary was rubbish but at least I have sick pay. They really suffer if on low wages unable to afford medical insurance. It's a real poverty trap. In another programme we were predicted to have another economic crash. It is looking a bit grim.

I have always been a pessimist and expected a recession in 1994/95 way before it happened. Part of me (a big part) is expecting another one as I don't think austerity has worked.

I see many people around me that seem to be v well off with overseas holidays and house extensions and the high brand shops seem full so maybe it won't happen. People at work seem to be spending as usual despite the threat of redundancies. Am I imagining it all?

I slept for 4 hours but feel refreshed and am not coughing. Found a fab thread on MSE called 'Not Buying It. A Consumer Holiday 2016', blooming great. On the occasions that the members have to spend they don't need to worry as they have lots saved up. Really inspiring and something for me to look forward to in the future.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    So much for being moneysaving guess which idiot rang up Steve and didn't hang up the phone for 4 hours? Just rang Virgin who said they would leave a note on my file to waive the call which was v kind of them. How stupid do I feel??????????
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    It's Budget Day. We shall see what the day will bring.

Outside it is bright and cheery. The fridge is full and I wont starve. I have to do some work.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I have spent the last two weeks in bed. I go back to work tomorrow. I haven't done any marking really all I did was sleep. I hope I can manage one day!

I hope I am better now. Weather is brighter and it is more cheerful. Please don't let me get ill again.
  • Upsidedown_Bear
    Upsidedown_Bear Posts: 18,264 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hope tomorrow at work is OK :):)
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    So glad I went in everyone was so nice. I was shattered at the end of a long day and a nice friend gave me a lift home.

Plenty of work to do this weekend to catch up but to be honest I am just glad I was in.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 20 March 2016 at 9:21PM
    Options
    Hooray, 3dogs- Susan is staying with me for two weeks. She is helping the boys to get ready for their house move and is cheering me up and trying to keep me on the straight and narrow with my food.

I am sitting here surrounded by exam papers that must be marked by Monday.:eek: On the positive front at least I haven't spent any money this weekend. 3 working days to go till holiday. Hurrah. :D

Really happy about Easter hols that are coming up. I am going to sell lots of silver jewellery and have a carboot with John the builder. I have quite a few books to get rid of (bookshelf is full and I don't read them anymore) and also some paintings & pictures that are lying around. I don't care how much I make I just want to declutter any money made will go to kitchen fund. Also my parents are visiting and I have 3 birthdays to celebrate.

Exam papers done now some lessons to write. No housework done this weekend as I had too much to do for work.

I was so bored with work that I have applied to my current bank asking for another bank account so I can switch from it for another offer. Don't know if I will get it though. I applaud my initiative in any case lol.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 21 March 2016 at 8:39PM
    Options
    I am sooooo glad to be home, luckily only two days left this week. Then it's Easter. Yay. Weather will be a bit grim I think but I will just be glad to be at home. :j

Jobs for Easter:

Marking & Planning
    Sell jewellery on fleabay
    Carboot to sell pictures & clear book cupboard

By May-June, I will know whether I will be in line for redundancy or, if I am fortunate to keep my job, merely a cut in salary. With the job uncertainty for the next few years, it seems a good idea to delay the new kitchen and instead investing the funds into mortgage overpayments.

Soon it will be summer and Summer hols - Blimey I thought they would never happen. :rotfl:
  • savingwannabe
    edited 22 March 2016 at 11:25AM
    Options
    What a beautiful day outside. It is probably freezing but v nice to see. About to put a wash on line. Stunning for drying today. :j

I was happy till I heard that the b******* have bombed Brussels. I am a child of immigrants and if anyone in my family was even remotely interested in ISIS or anything anti British I would hand them over to the police immediately. My dad would have been so ashamed if I ever said anything anti monarchy. He is grateful every day for the Queen and the Commonwealth. I hope casualties are minimised and people can feel safe again. I am so sorry that innocent people have lost their lives v sad news.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Tesco have opened a current account for me over the phone. I don't need to open on at my bank. Yay. :beer:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure