Cheapest place to buy malarone?

Options

Comments

• oberfuhrer
    Options
    I saw a recommendation here for doctor fox online prescriptions

Is this site genuine? has anybody used it?
  • hairy_g
    hairy_g Posts: 340 Forumite
    Options
    tonyabc wrote: »
    You can't get malarone for less than £2.10 a tablet because that is the wholesale price or at least that is what this site says. doctorfox.co.uk/news/where-to-buy-malarone/

Reported as spam, I refer to my post here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=32214881&highlight=#post32214881
  • machetemills
    Options
    Try Pharmplexdirect.com

They are currently selling Malarone at £1.91 a tablet, cheapest I could find. Free delivery on orders over £40 so if you're going for a fortnight (need 23 pills) you just qualify.

copy this into your broswer address bar to go there: !!!!!!/e7us0
    Apologies but I am a new user so I am not allowed to paste proper links (what a stupid and annoying posting system).

Happy travels!
    Machete

• Mr_Lahey
    Mr_Lahey Posts: 1,289 Forumite
    edited 15 May 2010 at 1:07PM
    Options
    Try Pharmplexdirect.com

They are currently selling Malarone at £1.91 a tablet, cheapest I could find. Free delivery on orders over £40 so if you're going for a fortnight (need 23 pills) you just qualify.

copy this into your broswer address bar to go there: !!!!!!/e7us0
    Apologies but I am a new user so I am not allowed to paste proper links (what a stupid and annoying posting system).

Happy travels!
    Machete

I know this is Spam, but up until now the cheapest in the UK is £2.10 at Superdrug.

https://www.pharmplexdirect.com/index.php
    The Summer Holiday of a Lifetime
  • machetemills
    Options
    Mr_Lahey wrote: »
    I know this is Spam, but up until now the cheapest in the UK is £2.10 at Superdrug.

I'm not spamming! This seems to be a genuine offer, at least I hope so or I am nearly £50 down!

They seem pretty professional, I was impressed to recieve a phone call a few minutes after placing my order to confirm I had a percription and to give me details of where to post it.

I haven't recieved the malarone yet though, I will update when they're received.
  • Rosie75
    Rosie75 Posts: 609 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You might also want to take a few days' extra supply in case anything happens. We were stuck in India for an extra ten days due to the ash cloud and ran out of Malarone. You can't buy it out in India. We weren't too bothered because we'd only been bitten twice during the whole trip, but this might have been an issue for some people.
    3-6 Month Emergency Fund #14: £9000 / £10,000
  • machetemills
    Options
    pharmplexdirect change their prices almost daily, they are quite expensive at the moment

New cheapest I could find are through xpresspharmacy.co.uk
    £2.18 per tablet, free P&P.
  • Mr_Lahey
    Mr_Lahey Posts: 1,289 Forumite
    Options
    Superdrug are currently £2.10 per tablet.
    The Summer Holiday of a Lifetime
  • ladydisco
    ladydisco Posts: 92 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    For my recent visit to Tanzania, I bought Doxycycline...tablets from Lloyds Pharmacy for about 12p each (with prescription from GP) ......both myself and partner suffered no side effects - no skin sensitivity.... and will take them in the future.... worth chatting to your pharmacist... :-)
  • beckles88
    beckles88 Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm really confused, I've been to the travel clinic today and got a prescription for 42 malarone tablets, is this prescription a NHS prescription? I assume it is due to me getting it from my local GP. If anybody could help that would be great.

Thanks
    Becky
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family