PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Which Kitchen Scales ?

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• angeltreats
    angeltreats Posts: 2,286 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think this Salter scale is the one Lorraine Pascale uses. It doubles as a trivet.
  • Craftyscholar
    Craftyscholar Posts: 3,403 Forumite
    Options
    I knew there would be a thread about scales if I hunted - Old Style is wonderful :D

My spring scales are OK but getting to eye level to read them is becoming a pain.

Definitely leaning towards digital - and just realised I can use my Tesco points :T Now just got to decide which model to go for.
  • Craftyscholar
    Craftyscholar Posts: 3,403 Forumite
    Options
    bex2010 wrote: »
    The Queen balance scales are lovely - I'm after the white ones with the stainless steel pan. Don't know if you know but they are manufactured by H Fereday & sons and you can find them on Amazon under this name at around £60. There's also a really useful website with info on the main manufacturers of kitchen scales that might be worth a look.
    Thanks, bex.
    Really useful website.
  • GetRealBabe
    GetRealBabe Posts: 2,258 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 089-Finally got a signature.:rotfl::j

• Rebob
    Rebob Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I got some fab electronic scales today from aldi's. They were £8.99 and come with a 3 year guarantee. Really pleased with them and impressed with the degree of accuracy of them.
    The best bargains are priceless!!!!!!!!!! :T :T :T
  • emylou
    emylou Posts: 444 Forumite
    Options
    I have 2 sets of scales I kind of inherited from other family members, but neither of them work properly. I want to invest in new ones but don't want to spend a fortune however I am planning on doing more cooking so will be using them regularly. Anyone got any recommendations please??
    Married my wonderful husband February 2013!:happyhear
    I want to wear my beautiful wedding dress everyday- it would make shopping so much more fun, I mean, people go shopping in their pyjamas these days.......
    Must STOP spending!!! :)
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!
    Beautiful Rainbow Babies born on 31/12/14 @2:45am and 7/6/2017 @12:44pm
  • Allegra
    Allegra Posts: 1,517 Forumite
    Options
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi emylou,

I too would recommend salter scales. This thread has more recommendations that may help:

Which Kitchen Scales ?

I'll add your thread to that one later to keep the replies together.

Pink
  • angeltreats
    angeltreats Posts: 2,286 Forumite
    Options
    I have used LOTS of scales at college, work and home, and they are really not created equally. The most annoying thing is when digital scales take ages to zero.

Avoid these ones like the plague. They takes ages to zero, and the battery life is rubbish.

The ones Allegra linked to are quite nice, I wouldn't be angry if I had to use them every day :D

These ones are my absolute favourite. I managed to kill mine after two years of very heavy use (which included having all sorts of stuff spilt on them, being dropped on a wooden floor lots of times etc) but I bought another scale exactly the same. Possibly Salter would have replaced it but I didn't have the receipt and needed another one in a hurry.
  • SantaMedical_2
    Options
    I'm an avid cook and a lover of all kinds of kitchen gadgets, and I just recently started using kitchen scales for all sorts of things. The Gurin Touch Professional Digital Kitchen Scale is by far my favorite kitchen scale that I own.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure