EVERYTHING 5 POUNDS - warning

Options

Comments

• qwerty79
    qwerty79 Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    Another vote for no history of problems with them. Apart from bulk buyers making it very hard for individuals wanting to buy 1 of an item. E.g. all shoes apart from 2.5 size can sell out just after going live. On one occasion I received a defective item, I emailed the complaint and got as returns label in a couple of days, with refund shortly after.
    Trying to make the money last the month.
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    I've been a member of this site for four years if you are referring to me and have posted numerous times.

No. I was explaining 967stuart's comment about IrinaPS's post (which is why I quoted your post, as you quoted his) ... IrinaPS is a one-post-wonder whose ONLY post is to praise a company that is generally being complained about, and we often see similar types of post which leads us to believe these are simply plants by the company in question to try and deflect the criticism.

I thought that was quite clear, but obviously not.
  • pineapplesherbet
    Options
    bod1467 wrote: »
    No. I was explaining 967stuart's comment about IrinaPS's post (which is why I quoted your post, as you quoted his) ... IrinaPS is a one-post-wonder whose ONLY post is to praise a company that is generally being complained about, and we often see similar types of post which leads us to believe these are simply plants by the company in question to try and deflect the criticism.

I thought that was quite clear, but obviously not.

Yeah I understand of course there are company shills on here as there are everywhere and maybe that person was one. I confess I didn't read your post properly and I apologise. I just get so fed up with coming on her to look for advice - it's such a fantastic site - and so often you find people who have just tentatively posted what they think is a good offer for instance only to be rudely shot down in flames for posting in the wrong place or duplicating an offer already posted. Or like this member who just thinks it's OK to call people names, it's upsetting, off putting and cowardly. Would they speak like that to someone if they were with them in person (and not just a mate messing around) ?

So, I got annoyed and didn't read your post properly, sorry. I completely take your point x
  • Hezzawithkids
    Hezzawithkids Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    Options
    Jut to add that I've considered ordering from them and have emailed a couple of times with queries plus posted on their FB page, but as I've never had any kind of response its put me off handing over any of my hard earned cash. If they can't be a*sed to answer my questions then I can't be a*sed to buy from them.
    £2 Savers Club 2016 #21 £14/£250
    £2 Savers Club 2015 #8 £250£200 :j

Proud to be an OU graduate :j :j

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass but learning to dance in the rain
  • lovefullshelves
    Options
    Hello, I've ordered from them about 5 times and never had a problem but they can be slow on delivery. When I first saw the site I wondered if it was real! The shoes are normally the best buy, all the clothes tend to be small sizes, and I may have bought alot of bracelets, handbags and watches! I find the site tends to freeze up on me recently so I just loose patience and don't buy anything, great for saving money! :)
    2013 NSD 100. CC2014CC- £31.50/£135
    2014 NSD 86 so far - May 20/21
    2014 G/C spend £741.55 so far May £107.99/£91
    Debt Free - 30.05.13 Emergency tin - £1000
    June 23 - 9NSD
  • ohmochraich
    ohmochraich Posts: 220 Forumite
    Options
    I have had a few large ( over 20 items) orders from them with no issues. Sizes are on the small side so order a size up and delivery usually takes about a week or so. Items are usually market quality, sometimes better but I'm usually quite happy. I have just placed a large order (for which I have had courier confirmation for delivery due on 4th June) so will post back if I have any issues. I have to say I have never had an 'order dispatched' email from them for any order....I only know its coming because the courier emails! Have to say I'm quite happy with them so far! Cheap n cheerful.
    :rotfl:If it weren't for stress I'd have no energy at all. First rule of acting: Whatever happens, look as if it were intended.;)
    Don't follow in my footsteps, I walk into walls:smileyhea When in doubt .............mumble.
    I may look busy, but I'm just confused.:T I smile because i have no idea what's going on.:rotfl:
  • sheila50
    sheila50 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    i am sorry some of you have not had a good experience with everything5pounds.

i purchased £70 of items from the website on the 9th June for the first time and whilst browsing this site came accross this thread and you can imagine how concerned i was, i expected not to receive my goods.

However they arrived this morning 13th June, and were to my surprise good quality. not only did i receive 3 emails updating me on my purchase items but i also received an email from Royal mail telling me the order will be delivered today and another one to say it had been delivered. two items were not available and i received a refund plus a refund for the postage of those items as the postage is calculated by weight of the goods.

i hope this helps some of you who have ordered or thinking of ordering

oh and my order was dispatched from Five London which i assume is the distribution depot
  • sheila50
    sheila50 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    thank you i was concerned as i made an order then saw your post but i too received my order and was please with it. only one item was on the small side but my sister had that one
  • ohmochraich
    ohmochraich Posts: 220 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry! Forgot to come back and update!
    Received my order with no problems! All items decent quality and well worth £5 each. I never got any update emails from them to say order being processed/dispatched etc but got one from the courier with Edd (bang on exactly when they said it would be delivered).:beer:
    Very pleased with my order again. :T
    :rotfl:If it weren't for stress I'd have no energy at all. First rule of acting: Whatever happens, look as if it were intended.;)
    Don't follow in my footsteps, I walk into walls:smileyhea When in doubt .............mumble.
    I may look busy, but I'm just confused.:T I smile because i have no idea what's going on.:rotfl:
  • sharnad
    sharnad Posts: 9,904 Forumite
    Options
    So from reviews cheap poor quality sometimes goods turn up
    Needing to lose weight start date 26 December 2011 current loss 60 pound Down. Lots more to go to get into my size 6 jeans
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback